none
Windows 7 Driver Issues

질문

• Using ASUS P5SD2-VM Motherboard. Had been using Windows XP so far with  no issues. As I switched to Windows 7 x64, drivers for it are not available at ASUS website. Tried drivers for XP and Vista, which though went useless, saying drivers not compatible with this OS.

Drivers for Audio were automatically taken with OS, but Audio flickers continuously. Need serious help.

ASUS Asses doesn't help. :P

Thanks in advance.

2012년 5월 31일 목요일 오전 8:19

답변

• Use this trick like I did. First of all, check device manager to know the drivers for which devices you need. Note the manufacturer name and model number of all the devices that needs the driver. Then download the drivers from that particular device manufacturer website. Actually, motherboard manufacturers just buy the chips from 3rd party manufacturers and install them in their PCBs. So actually, the driver is provided by the device manufacturer. For example, if you have a Realtek sound card in your motherboard, go to the Realtek website and download the driver for your audio IC model(like HD audio or AC97 audio). Similarly, if you have Intel onboard graphics, download the driver from Intel website and make sure you know what chipset you have. :-)
    • 답변으로 표시됨 RiteshChaturvedi 2012년 6월 4일 월요일 오후 12:45
    2012년 6월 1일 금요일 오후 8:27

모든 응답

• This issue can only be resolved by ASUS.

Microsoft neither writes nor distributes the hardware drivers for any third party hardware!

The only assistance available from Microsoft is the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor @ http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/upgrade-advisor

The Advisor is available for download @ http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20

This will tell you if your hardware is capable of running Windows 7, but it will not correct any problems with non-Windows 7 drivers.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

2012년 5월 31일 목요일 오전 11:11
  • Check the Windows 7 hardware compatibility page for the problematic devices. It will tell you if your device has a compatible Windows 7 driver and where to get it.

Jerry

2012년 5월 31일 목요일 오후 6:07
  • Use this trick like I did. First of all, check device manager to know the drivers for which devices you need. Note the manufacturer name and model number of all the devices that needs the driver. Then download the drivers from that particular device manufacturer website. Actually, motherboard manufacturers just buy the chips from 3rd party manufacturers and install them in their PCBs. So actually, the driver is provided by the device manufacturer. For example, if you have a Realtek sound card in your motherboard, go to the Realtek website and download the driver for your audio IC model(like HD audio or AC97 audio). Similarly, if you have Intel onboard graphics, download the driver from Intel website and make sure you know what chipset you have. :-)
    • 답변으로 표시됨 RiteshChaturvedi 2012년 6월 4일 월요일 오후 12:45
    2012년 6월 1일 금요일 오후 8:27
  • Buddy, this worked :) Used device manger, tried searching manually, gave the location to vista x64 realtek drivers for same model motherboard. Its successfully done. No, hazy sound now. Thank you!

Ritesh Chaturvedi

2012년 6월 4일 월요일 오후 12:47
  • It said Windows 7 is compatible with my motherboard model.

"ASUS are ASSES" .. They never help their customer. Everybody got the same opinion who use ASUS.

Would never buy ASUS in my life ever.

Ritesh Chaturvedi

2012년 6월 4일 월요일 오후 12:51
  • Executable file for Vista x64 dint work. However, through Device Manager it worked :) Thank you!

Ritesh Chaturvedi

2012년 6월 4일 월요일 오후 12:53
  • You are welcome bro. :-) Also it is the best to update drivers by that way too. If your motherboard becomes old, some manufacturers will stop giving new drivers for the devices in your motherboard because the latest driver that they last gave was maybe found "well enough without problems" for that particular motherboard. But obviously, if the device manufacturer gives you the absolutely latest driver, your device will work best. :-) It is just like that we update our graphics card driver from NVIDIA or ATI/AMD and not from the subvendors like XFX, Sapphire, HIS, ZOTAC etc. For example, I have the Asus M4A88TD M-EVO/USB3 motherboard. In their driver section, they gave the "latest" audio driver released on Q4,2011. Since I have a Realtek sound chip, I checked Realtek website and found a driver released on Q1 2012 and it works and looks much better than the latest one as given by Asus.
    2012년 6월 4일 월요일 오후 9:54
  • @Vegan-Sometimes, compatibility mode works too :-)
    2012년 6월 4일 월요일 오후 9:54
  • @Vegan-Sometimes, compatibility mode works too :-)

Correct, but only sometimes.. As it dint work here.. Graphics Driver for vista worked on compatibility mode.

You know, I use this LG LED monitor, the latest one. But the irony of my PC is, it has to work on the resolution 1024 X 768. Because its the maximum my motherboard Driver provides. That 1366 X whatever isn't available :x What do I do? Any Ideas.

Dont wish to change my motherboard atleast for a year..

Thanks Brother! :)

Ritesh Chaturvedi

2012년 6월 5일 화요일 오전 9:58
  • Try this site. http://w3.sis.com/download/

Just select the OS>select IGP graphics drivers>672 chipset. Download the latest driver and first try to install it. If it installs you will most probably have the 1366*768 resolution(I use a LG monitor too). If it does not install, then I think you have got no other option until you upgrade your motherboard.

2012년 6월 5일 화요일 오후 3:09