none
Windows System Image Manager Error opning install.wim file ?!!

질문

• Hi all ,

im trying to create an answer file , and the first step is to copy the install.wim file from the Windows DVD to my computer 

next step is to , Select the image file in the System Image Manager tool software , but in the middle of opening the file it show this error below :

Windows SIM was unable to generate a catalog. For troubleshooting assistance , see th etopic : ' Windows System Image Manager Technical Refrences in the Windows OPK or windows AIK Usesr's Guide.

2012년 3월 3일 토요일 오후 8:25

답변

모든 응답

• Error message "Windows SIM was unable to generate a catalog" or "Parameter count mismatch": http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2524737

Resolution: Generate the catalog file on a supported platform. For Microsoft Deployment Toolkit it is possible to mount the DeploymentShare from another computer with MDT and the AIK installed with the proper architecture to generate the catalog then it can be accessed by the original MDT server.

My blogs: Henk's blog and Virtuall | Follow Me on: Twitter | View My Profile on: LinkedIn

2012년 3월 4일 일요일 오후 9:51
  • could you please explain it more because i dont understand , how to solve this problem regards
    2012년 3월 5일 월요일 오전 7:00
  • Just read this post for more information about this: Understanding Windows Image Files and Catalog Files

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744249(WS.10).aspx

Windows System Image Manager (Windows SIM) uses Windows image (.wim) files and catalog (.clg) files to display the available components and packages that can be added to an unattended answer file (Unattend.xml). Windows images and catalog files contain configurable settings that you can modify once the component or package is added to an answer file.

And more information abaout images and catalog files also.

My blogs: Henk's blogand Virtuall| Follow Me on: Twitter| View My Profile on: LinkedIn

2012년 3월 5일 월요일 오전 8:29
  • thanks for the replay , but its not the answer of my question ..

my question is im trying to open an install.wim file using this Wim SIM tool but im getting this error .,.. what is cause it ?

Regards

2012년 3월 6일 화요일 오전 5:46