none
Problem generating ISO image with Deployment Workbench

질문

• Hi all,

I've been trying to create an ISO image of Windows 7 for deployment using the Media Content portion of the Deployment Workbench.  I have configured an OS, added software and tasklists and everything is fine there.  When I try to run Update Media Content however, it fails, claiming it needs more disk space:

Starting MDT Media Update
    Opened the media deployment share.
    Folders to be copied to the media deployment share: 6
    Copied: DS001:\Applications
    Copied: DS001:\Operating Systems
    Copied: DS001:\Out-of-Box Drivers
    Copied: DS001:\Packages
    Copied: DS001:\Task Sequences
    Copied: DS001:\Selection Profiles
    Copied: DS001:\Applications with Replace option
    Copied: DS001:\Operating Systems with Replace option
    Copied: DS001:\Out-of-Box Drivers with Replace option
    Copied: DS001:\Packages with Replace option
    Copied: DS001:\Task Sequences with Replace option
    Copied: DS001:\Selection Profiles with Replace option
    Copied standard folders.
    Boot images updated.
    Setting up x64 boot image.
    Boot configuration editing completed.
    Reset read-only attributes.

Starting: "C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\AMD64\OSCDIMG.EXE" -u2 -m -o -h -b"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\amd64\boot\ETFSBOOT.COM" "E:\Windows 7 Deployment\Content" "E:\Windows 7 Deployment\Windows 7 Deployment.iso" > "C:\Users\ELLIOT~1.BAR\AppData\Local\Temp\Update-MDTMedia.3400\Update-MDTMedia-91126.log" 2>&1

Exit code = 1

OSCDIMG 2.55 CD-ROM and DVD-ROM Premastering Utility Copyright (C) Microsoft, 1993-2007. All rights reserved. Licensed only for producing Microsoft authorized content.  Scanning source tree Scanning source tree complete (3013 files in 531 directories) Computing directory information 
    Computing directory information complete Image file is 6225395712 bytes (before optimization) Insufficient disk space for E:\Windows 7 Deployment\Windows 7 Deployment.iso (need 6225395712 bytes) 
    Scanning source tree (500 files in 57 directories) 
    Scanning source tree (1000 files in 214 directories) 
    Scanning source tree (1500 files in 257 directories) 
    Scanning source tree (2000 files in 439 directories) 
    Scanning source tree (2500 files in 464 directories) 
    Scanning source tree (2899 files in 500 directories) 
    Scanning source tree (3000 files in 519 directories) 
    All content was copied to the media directory, but the ISO generation was not successful. This might be due to insufficient disk space at the target path External Drive.

The thing is, the external drive has tons of space!  (see the screenshot here , even the Local C: drive has enough space to house the image)

Anybody seen this before?  Any idea what to do to fix it??

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

-elliott-

2010년 7월 30일 금요일 오후 11:05

답변

• Hi,

I would like to suggest you disable the antivirus program and test to change the target location to the internal hard disk in Clean Boot.

Does it work?

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    2010년 8월 2일 월요일 오전 6:51
    중재자

모든 응답

• Taking a guess here, but you might try removing spaces from ISO name and file path.  I know at least the ISO names in MDT by default have no spaces in them, and it is a command line tool that makes the ISO.  I don't have an MDT in front of me to try, but it's the best suggestion I have right off by looking at your logs.
    2010년 7월 31일 토요일 오전 1:07
  • Good call, but unfortunately that didn't work either.  I found another article actually, indicating that spaces might cause problems so I tried that just after posting, but the same error occurs.

Anybody got anything else?

2010년 8월 1일 일요일 오전 2:40
  • Hi,

I would like to suggest you disable the antivirus program and test to change the target location to the internal hard disk in Clean Boot.

Does it work?

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    2010년 8월 2일 월요일 오전 6:51
    중재자
  • Thanks for the advice, I'll try that when I'm back in the office next week.
    2010년 8월 2일 월요일 오후 4:48
  • Just got back to the office today and tried simply moving the target location for the ISO output to a location on the C: drive.  What do you know, it worked!

Note to anyone else having this problem:  since space on my C: drive is limited, I had to move the root of my Deployment Share to an external drive, but that worked just fine, provided that the output target for the ISO is on the local disk.

Thanks for the help!

2010년 8월 9일 월요일 오후 8:29
  • Hi

I am having the same issue but my ISO output has always been C drive. I tried to change it to D: and it didn't work. I tried to change the output folder names and didn't work.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Murad

2011년 3월 14일 월요일 오후 3:34
  • I started a related thread - basically it seems like you *must* specify "Generate x64 boot image" if you have "Generate x86 boot image" checked in the Deployment share properties -- otherwise the ISO will not be generated and you hit the error OP described.
    2012년 2월 9일 목요일 오후 7:06
  • I had a similar situation with this error

All content was copied to the media directory, but the ISO generation was not successful. This might be due to insufficient disk space at the target path

Found that even though VMware said the .iso was not mounted, it somehow was hanging onto it. I shut down wmware, which was previously mounting the .iso, and was able to create media and .iso again, just fine.

2012년 3월 31일 토요일 오후 11:57