none
[Windows 7 DVD FATAL BOOT ERROR] CDBOOT: Cannot boot from CD - Code: 5

Pergunta

•   I've downloaded the Windows 7 Public Beta ISO, burned it on a Verbatim DVD-R and tested on my old notebook with the above error code as result. I've downloaded the ISO again and I've checked the MD5:

- f9dce6ebd0a63930b44d8ae802b63825 for the 32bit english version, file length 2.618.793.984
    - 773fc9cc60338c612af716a2a14f177d for the 64bit english version, file length 3.387.009.024

The MD5 listed above are the same I've seen around the web, then I'm sure that the downloaded files are correct. I've burned the ISO (fortunately I've used a DVD-RW to make the others tests) with different DVD-burning softwares: Nero 7, Nero 8, ImgBurn, ISO Recorder. I've burned the ISO with two different DVD-recorders: a Samsung and a LG. The DVD created results bootable ONLY on my primary PC: an Asus P5K with an E6300, 2x1GB DDR2-1066, ATI Radeon HD2600-XT, Adaptec 29160 SCSI CTRL with a Pioneer SCSI DVD-rom, a Toshiba SCSI CD-rom, a Plextor SCSI CD-RW, a IBM SCSI 35GB HDD and a Maxtor P-ATA 500GB HDD.

My laptop and my secondary PC are unable to boot from the SAME DVD that boots on primary PC. The laptop is an old Athlon XP 2000+ with 512MB and 20GB HDD. The secondary PC is the following: MSI 865PE NEO2-V with a P4 3GHz, 2x1GB DDR 400, ATI Radeon 9800pro, Adaptec 29160 SCSI CTRL with a IBM SCSI 35GB HDD, a Maxtor P-ATA 500GB HDD, a Samsung P-ATA DVD-RW and a LG P-ATA DVD-RW. Both these computers give me back the same error code during the boot from DVD.

Seems like the DVD boot sector has some issue in the hardware recognition on some motherboards. It's obviously a technician question!!!
    quinta-feira, 15 de janeiro de 2009 01:25

Respostas

• Solution from:

http://blog.aproductofsociety.org/?p=13

Exactly this part (go into website as there is a link included for oscdimg.exe):

"
    1. Download Vista SP1/2008 x64 ISO from MSDN, orgrab your CD
    2. Create 3 folders c:\efi-iso c:\efi-exe c:\efi-dvd
    3. Download oscdimg.exe from here into c:\efi-exe
    4. Extract iso using 7Zip or WinRAR (Or copy the contents of the DVD) into c:\efi-dvd
    5. Start up a command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)
    6. Type: cd c:\efi-exe
    7. Type: oscdimg -n -m -bc:\efi-dvd\boot\etfsboot.com c:\efi-dvd c:\efi-iso\server2008dvd.iso"

I've googled a lot, and this one seemes to be only working solution as for now - for me it worked perfectly.

Best Regards.
    sexta-feira, 16 de janeiro de 2009 13:28

Todas as Respostas

• This is simple. Burn the image using POWERISO. Yes you can use the trial. THEN be SURE that u burn at the SLOWEST speed the try. This will work
    zero061099
    quinta-feira, 15 de janeiro de 2009 01:48
  • zero061099 said:

This is simple. Burn the image using POWERISO. Yes you can use the trial. THEN be SURE that u burn at the SLOWEST speed the try. This will work

zero061099

Thank you, Zero, but sorry: isn't a problem of the burning software. I've tried a lot of DVDs and it's impossible that the same burned DVD works only with a computer and fails with the others. The issue is very complex and only the Microsoft technicians can solve it.
    quinta-feira, 15 de janeiro de 2009 01:57
  • NOT impossible! I have had this issue so I swapped out DVD players from the two computers and it worked fine. Also NOT that I think this is a issue BUT check to be sure that DVD is the first bootable drive. I have tested this on 6 different systems and only had a problem on one bc of the DVD drive.
    zero061099
    quinta-feira, 15 de janeiro de 2009 03:38
  • Zero: you're right. I've made some tests and now I can confirm that the "CODE: 5" error is related to a lack of support to the controller's chipset. I don't believe in my eyes: The Windows 7 beta DVD don't support the boot from Intel 865PE chipset ICH5. I've installed on the same mobo a PCI controller and the DVD has booted without probs... This means that AT THE MOMENT (I hope, of course) I haven't any possibility to install Windows 7 on my old notebook...
    The Microsoft's guys should to cry!!!
    • Sugerido como Resposta The TV Guy terça-feira, 29 de setembro de 2009 21:38
    quinta-feira, 15 de janeiro de 2009 20:13
  • Remember the Windows 7 Beta shipped with a smaller than normal driver set. additional drivers will be added before retail, but according to microsoft that wont include XDDM drivers
    quinta-feira, 15 de janeiro de 2009 20:47
  • Lone Wolf 69 said:

Zero: you're right. I've made some tests and now I can confirm that the "CODE: 5" error is related to a lack of support to the controller's chipset. I don't believe in my eyes: The Windows 7 beta DVD don't support the boot from Intel 865PE chipset ICH5. I've installed on the same mobo a PCI controller and the DVD has booted without probs... This means that AT THE MOMENT (I hope, of course) I haven't any possibility to install Windows 7 on my old notebook...
    The Microsoft's guys should to cry!!!

curious...did your 29160 scsi controller install correctly??? If yes what is it showing as the driver??? Thanks
    quinta-feira, 15 de janeiro de 2009 21:51
  • Sanginius said:

Remember the Windows 7 Beta shipped with a smaller than normal driver set. additional drivers will be added before retail, but according to microsoft that wont include XDDM drivers

fgdn said:

[...]

curious...did your 29160 scsi controller install correctly??? If yes what is it showing as the driver??? Thanks

Hi guys. Warning, please: i'm talking about an issue related to the BOOT LOADER of the Windows 7 DVD. On some systems the boot loader of the DVD don't recognise the IDE controller and the boot stops immediately with the message "CDBOOT: Cannot boot from CD - Code: 5". This is ABSOLUTELY not related to ANY drivers that can be found or not into the DVD.
    Thank you.
    quinta-feira, 15 de janeiro de 2009 22:22
  • My Apoloies Lone Wolf after 17 hours on these forums trying to help people out i didnt take in what you actually written. I'm going to take that as a sign i need to get some sleep. Good Luck hopefullly you will find a way to resolve this, although it may well be in the hands of MS as to whether or not it does get solved.
    quinta-feira, 15 de janeiro de 2009 22:31
  • Sanginius said:

My Apoloies Lone Wolf after 17 hours on these forums trying to help people out i didnt take in what you actually written. I'm going to take that as a sign i need to get some sleep. Good Luck hopefullly you will find a way to resolve this, although it may well be in the hands of MS as to whether or not it does get solved.

Eheheh... Don't worry, Sanginius. I would to wait fo a solution made by the MS' guys, but I would to test Windows 7, also. Then, I'm thinking that the only thing that I could to do is to find (or extract) the BOOT LOADER from a Vista DVD (my hope is that it has the same logical boot sequence, because Win 7 has the same basilar structure) and I would to apply that to the downloaded Windows 7 ISO.
    It's so simple, right?!? ;-)))

sexta-feira, 16 de janeiro de 2009 00:32
  • OR you could simply install while ur in windows...GRANTED you wil eat some HD space but u could delete that later. It will goto windows old . Run it from Vista/XP and install. It will work from there for those having probs.
    zero061099
    sexta-feira, 16 de janeiro de 2009 06:21
  • Solution from:

Exactly this part (go into website as there is a link included for oscdimg.exe):

"
    4. Extract iso using 7Zip or WinRAR (Or copy the contents of the DVD) into c:\efi-dvd
    5. Start up a command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)
    7. Type: oscdimg -n -m -bc:\efi-dvd\boot\etfsboot.com c:\efi-dvd c:\efi-iso\server2008dvd.iso"

I've googled a lot, and this one seemes to be only working solution as for now - for me it worked perfectly.

Best Regards.
    sexta-feira, 16 de janeiro de 2009 13:28
  • hmmm wel that would work also I was just giving a easy solution for the basic home user.
    zero061099
    sábado, 17 de janeiro de 2009 22:10
  • just so you know you can install windows 7 with a flash drive. see my video:

http://www.kleep.com/Video-Games/Install-Windows-Seven-W-Out-DVD.469845

that is how i got windows 7 installed. My 2004 laptop dont have a DVD burner
    • Sugerido como Resposta nitrous_74 quarta-feira, 22 de abril de 2009 02:04
    quarta-feira, 22 de abril de 2009 02:03
  • The problem is not in the DVD but in your motherboard BIOS. It just doesn't support boot from dvd (from CD file system everything's nice). I've had such a problem. Try this DVD on any newer PC and it'll boot perfectly. The solution is in bios update...or motherboard upgrede...
    sexta-feira, 24 de abril de 2009 06:16
  • I have solution.

You need Vista install DVD. Boot Vista Installation, choose Language press next and than press "Repair my computer". On next window u will have few options, choose "command promt". Remove Vista DVD and insert Windows 7 Install DVD. Navigate to DVD (for example d: or e:, depends on your drives setting, than go to folder sources  (type "cd sources"), and type "setup". Installation will start shortly. Now just follow instructions :)

Good luck
    • Sugerido como Resposta antidemon quarta-feira, 6 de maio de 2009 11:03
    sábado, 25 de abril de 2009 11:40
  • i'm italin and dont spech inglish...but...i....i have resolve the problem...install windows xp ....one random version......
    step 1:download from internet HWNL version 5...lite or dvd complete version
    ....STEP 2: create a backup at your drivers.....with the option of the cd...from windows
    STEP 3: change the disk...and insert windows 7
    STEP 4: serch manually the driver ....in the folder backup.....install your driver....e go
    but the scsi dont like a windows7....sorry
    you try
    terça-feira, 28 de abril de 2009 01:52
  • @mReXiTuS

Works perfectly and means you don't even have to mess about extracting files or re-burning a dvd.
    Thanks.

quarta-feira, 6 de maio de 2009 11:05
  • For me the same problem: MSI 845PE Max2 ms-6704 FISR mainboard with 1 GB DDR RAM and 2400 MHz pentium 4 (FSB 533 MHz).

2xUDMA100 and 2xUDMA133 harddisk controllers.  The windows 7 dvd wont boot: 'can not boot from cd: code 5'

I thought the minimum requirements are 1 GB RAM and 1 GHz processor?? Do i now need SATA as well? Or is the chipset not supported because MS made a deal with Intel? F**K Microsoft
    quinta-feira, 7 de maio de 2009 21:49
  • I have Windows 7 RC from the Microsoft site, recorded on the DVD but will not start, error occurs "can not boot from CD: Code 5 '

Configuration is as follows:

MSI 865 PE NEO
    Pentium IV 3ghz
    MAXTOR 250GB
    Pioneer DVD / RW 111D x2
    MSI CD / RW
    LG DVD / RW
    KINGSTON 2x1GB

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor says that each component in order
    sábado, 27 de junho de 2009 13:39
  • I have too the WRC from ms.com, recorded on many speed many DVDs with every sorftware i found but still writing ror5!
    I have nealy same copmonents MSI 856PE Max2 
    Intel Celeron 2.6
    2x1Gb kingston 
    2x Seagate 500Gb
    Asus DVD +-RW

And i'm still unpossible to run it i try to boot by many variants...
    Amibios fck MS 
    And for fun, all these dvds i run on NB Copmaq HP CQ-60 !

For absolutly unhoples people try to instal some OS to any disk run normally win
    than emulate iso or put dvd into drive and do upgrade or new install
    if you use 2HDD where on one other system and on one W7 there will be small 
    problem with boot manager wich will fck you if you disable the HDD with other system
    This is my cause, i have two disks but i need only one with clean install of RC. Any idea?
    • Sugerido como Resposta Ramjet2 terça-feira, 1 de setembro de 2009 01:14
    sexta-feira, 17 de julho de 2009 09:44
  • It happened to me as well...here's how I resolved the issue

I had an Adaptec AAR-1220SA card that I had connected to my two DVD drives. The BIOS and the card were obviously not talking so....I removed the AAR-1220SA, disconnected two of my 6 WD 250GB drives from the onboard SATA #5 and #6 ports of my ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard and connected the two DVD drives to these ports respectfully. When rebooting, I went into my BIOS and disabled SATA #5 and #6. I let the PC boot again and pointed the boot drive (in the Boot Menu) to the DVD drive that contained my Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit (bootable) disc. BINGO!!!!

It is NOT A PROBLEM with your DVD...it IS A PROBLEM with the way your machine is configured. Sometimes it helps just to step back and look at it from a different vantage point.

After I had the OS installed, I went back in and had to logically change BIOS settings around - especially after I reinstalled my AAR-1220SA card and reconnected the 2 DVD drives and put the 2 hard drives back into SATA ports 5 and 6.

My system config:

ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
    4GB DDR2
    6 WD250GB drives in RAID 5 configuration
    2 DVD/RW drives
    Adaptec AAR-1220SA Controller

Good luck if you haven't fixed this yet...hopefully this helps...someone...

Thanks,

RD
    • Sugerido como Resposta Ramjet2 terça-feira, 1 de setembro de 2009 03:19
    terça-feira, 1 de setembro de 2009 01:46
  • BTW...I found out that this card (Adaptec AAR-1220SA) is not yet compatible with Win7...Adaptec lists it as "TBD"...looks like I get to spend more money on one that is on the HCL! Lucky me!!!

At least the method I listed above made it possible to get the OS successfully installed on my workstation!

RD
    terça-feira, 1 de setembro de 2009 03:23
  • Ok, so I've gone through everything to find a solution.  I even re-imaged the ISO with ImgBurn (following the instructions), and with the oscdimg tool that's going around.  I managed to finally get to a point where it came up with the Code 5 error.  It was actually this post that gave me the idea - the DVD that wouldn't work on the internal DVD drive (intel chipset), WOULD BOOT from a Sony external USB drive.  Changed the BIOS settings to allow USB boot, and hey presto, Windows 7 x64 is now installing!!  Hope this helps...
    • Sugerido como Resposta The TV Guy terça-feira, 29 de setembro de 2009 21:43
    terça-feira, 29 de setembro de 2009 21:42
  • I have solution.

You need Vista install DVD. Boot Vista Installation, choose Language press next and than press "Repair my computer". On next window u will have few options, choose "command promt". Remove Vista DVD and insert Windows 7 Install DVD. Navigate to DVD (for example d: or e:, depends on your drives setting, than go to folder sources  (type "cd sources"), and type "setup". Installation will start shortly. Now just follow instructions :)

Good luck
    I love you, I love men! 're a genius, you're my salvation, I worked on the perfectly well, I have words to thank you, and still give me the solution on the day of my birthday! : P jajaja XD 25 / 4 :D

Be happy.

Yours faithfully, Uruguay's Fabian :D

PS: I love to keep in touch ...
    quarta-feira, 20 de janeiro de 2010 03:15
  • Just wanted to add what I have found to this discussion. I also have a geniune Win7 DVD that boots to a "error code 5" on a computer I was trying to install Win7 on. (A K7S5A.....but that is another story...yes I got it to work eventually)

I used an ISO imaging program and made an image of the DVD.

I was testing the theory that my motherboard BIOS could boot from a CD, but for some reason didn't have the ability to boot from a DVD file system.

I edited the ISO I made by removing the file "Install.WIM" from the sources folder. (Yes, I know you can't install Win7 without it) I saved the new smaller ISO and made sure it was only using ISO and Joliet file systems (I removed UDF)

Then I burned it to a CD. And tried booting from it.

ERROR 5!

There truly is an incompatibility between more than a few motherboards (BIOS issues?) and the boot loader that the Win7 DVD uses.

Then I tried experiment #2

I copied the entire original DVD to an old hard drive I had laying around. I then made the hard drive bootable using another computer which could boot from the DVD (same method people use to make their flash drives boot Win7)

I then placed that hard drive in the K7S5A and it booted to the Win7 installer!

My next investigation will be to compare the boot loader in the MBR on the hard drive and the boot loader on the DVD to see if they are the same or not. I have a feeling they are different, but I will try and report back.
    sexta-feira, 29 de janeiro de 2010 10:16
  • I have solution.

Good luck
    Didn't work for me. When I've typed 'setup', the UI still think that I install Vista and complain accordingly about missing drivers (in reality on my Window 7 DVD).
    domingo, 14 de março de 2010 12:27
  • Thanks for this one, worked for me too :)

i installed win 7 over xp originally, and it took about  minutes to boot. so i formatted the harddrive and ried to reinstall it again, butkept getting cdboot error.

followedyour solution and works fine now.

a quick note to cmlewan: try again, your cd/dvd drive may not be "d:"

sexta-feira, 19 de março de 2010 18:05
  • thank you mReXiTuS !!!!!!
    segunda-feira, 5 de abril de 2010 20:27
  • I have solution.

Good luck

Thx mReXiTuS , this works for me but, the promt dont let me change the path, so i just type D:\sourses\setup.exe after change the dvd and works.

Saludos desde Venezuela y gracias nuevamente.

• Sugerido como Resposta INGJRS segunda-feira, 17 de maio de 2010 13:33
    segunda-feira, 17 de maio de 2010 13:32
  • I have solution.

Good luck
    Didn't work for me. When I've typed 'setup', the UI still think that I install Vista and complain accordingly about missing drivers (in reality on my Window 7 DVD).

Then you did NOT follow the instructions fully, when you get the DOS prompt you must type in your DVD drive letter (i.e. x:sources>d:) (x:sources is the prompt you get from the DOS window, after that prompt simply type d:(if D is your DVD drive letter), (note you must have the Windows 7 DVD in the drive when you hit enter)) 

After you get the D: prompt from the DOS window now you type cd sources ( exactly like that ) now the prompt will become D:sources now you JUST need to type setup and wait for a bit, setup for windows 7 will start.

I have tested this on 5 pcs as of now all differnt mobos and all different configs. has worked on everyone.

Thank you very much for your answer mReXiTuS, stroke of Genius on your part!

sexta-feira, 25 de junho de 2010 08:51
  • Thx mReXiTuS

This worked great thank you for the easy fix...

Eric

terça-feira, 29 de junho de 2010 14:45
  • Solution from:

"
    5. Start up a command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd )

Best Regards.
    This solution did not work for me on an MSI 865PE  Neo2 Platinum mobo.  Booting to the Vista DVD worked perfectly fine to get the setup process started.
    sexta-feira, 2 de julho de 2010 21:45
  • I have solution.

Good luck

Worked perfectly.  Thanks!
    sexta-feira, 2 de julho de 2010 21:46
  • Here's a good solution that I had to use with a MSI K8TNEO Motherboard (all other suggestions here failed): http://www.unawave.de/windows-7-tipps/code5-error.html?lang=EN

Taken from that link:

During the boot from the Windows 7 installation DVD on some PCs the error message "Error Code 5 - can not boot from disk" appears.  Affected are primarily computer with older motherboards of the company "AsRock" or "MSI". Other DVDs on these PCs can boot without problems; e.g. from a Windows Vista installation DVD.  And the Windows 7 installation DVD is also OK, because this DVD can boot on other computers.  Also the replacement of the DVD drive does not help.  And booting from the USB stick does not help either. The error seems to be an incompatibility of "AsRock" motherboards with the DVD boot sector used by Microsoft in Windows 7 installation DVD.

Here's a way how to create a new bootable DVD with the free burning program "ImgBurn" which is compatible with the "AsRock" or "MSI" motherboards.

In addition to the burning program "ImgBurn" still requires a proper boot sector. If a Windows Vista boot DVD is available the boot sector can be extracted from this DVD. If no Windows Vista boot DVD is available, the freeware "vLite" can be used. In the program directory of "vLite" there is a suitable file "boot.bin", which is also a compatible boot sector.

After starting "ImgBurn" choose in the overview "Create image file from files/folders":
    ImgBurn Code 5 Create image file from files or folders

Insert Windows Vista DVD. On the "Advanced" tab -> "Bootable Disc" -> "Extract Boot Image"
    select the appropriate DVD drive and then click on the floppy icon:
    ImgBurn Code 5 Extract boot sector

Give the boot sector file a meaningfull name; e.g. "Vista-BootImage.ima":
    ImgBurn Code 5 Naming the boot sector file

The next message window will ask whether this file shall be used for the current project
    - this saves filling out the above fields manually:
    ImgBurn Code 5 Message used for the current project

Thus, the fields under "Make Image Bootable" is automatically filled:
    ImgBurn Code 5 Make image bootable

On the "Options" tab, select "ISO9660 + UDF" and activate
    the checkbox for "Include Hidden Files" and "Inculde System Files":
    ImgBurn Code 5 Option tab select ISO9660 and UDF

On the "Labels" tab add the "Volume Label" for ISO9660 and UDF:
    ImgBurn Code 5 Add volume label ISO9660 and UDF

On the "Advanced" tab -> "Restrictions" -> "ISO9660" activate the
    checkbox "Don't Add Version Number To Files":
    ImgBurn Code 5 Restrictions tab ISO9660

On the "Advanced" tab -> "Restrictions" -> "UDF" nothing needs to be changed:
    ImgBurn Code 5 Restrictions tab UDF

Now insert the Windows 7 installation DVD and choose the DVD as source:
    ImgBurn Code 5 Choose DVD source

Choose "Destination" ISO file name:
    ImgBurn Code 5 Choose destination ISO file name

For creating the ISO file click on the large button:
    ImgBurn Code 5 Creating ISO file

After a short analysis the ISO file is created:
    ImgBurn Code 5 Analysis of ISO file

After completion of the ISO file select the "Ez-Mode Picker":
    ImgBurn Code 5 Ez-Mode Picker

As final step choose "Write image file to disc" in the overview window
    to burn the newly created ISO image file to disc:
    ImgBurn Code 5 Burn ISO image to disc

Select the just created ISO file as source:
    ImgBurn Code 5 Select ISO file as source

<ins style="color: #000000; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 16px; display: inline-table; height: 15px; position: relative; visibility: visible; width: 728px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px none initial;"><ins id="google_ads_frame4_anchor" style="color: #000000; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 16px; display: block; height: 15px; position: relative; visibility: visible; width: 728px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px none initial;"></ins></ins>

After inserting a blank DVD the burning process can now be started with the big button:
    ImgBurn Code 5 Burning DVD

ImgBurn Code 5 Burning DVD progress

quinta-feira, 19 de agosto de 2010 03:26
  • SOLUTION:

I've had this same error message when installing Windows 7 x32 on a older PC from the boot sequence.

From what I can determine all my burned Windows 7 CDs were fine, and all of the above about burning slower is non-sense. All of you have perfectly fine burned CDs and DVDs, what your facing is a Windows 7 issue.

My ultimate solution was to first install Windows Vista then run the Windows 7 setup from within Windows Vista .

When installing you can perform a "Clean Install" on the current Vista system partition as seen here:
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/vista/images/Vista%20Upgrade%20Installation/Vista%20Final%20-0021.jpg

Then after the install you can remove the backup files as seen here:
    http://windows7themes.net/pics/delete-previous-windows-installations-windows-old-folder.JPG

If you don't have Windows Vista already and need one to get you going, here's a nice .torrent that will work nicely:
    http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/5828988/Windows_Vista_Home_Premium_SP2_(32_Bit)_x86_(September_2010).5828988.TPB.torrent

Windows 7 lacks support for systems with BIOS presumably because they are older systems that lack the power for Windows 7 and supports systems with the newer Extensible Firmware Interface that has the latest hardware being made.

• Sugerido como Resposta jasonmadruga84 segunda-feira, 27 de dezembro de 2010 17:24
    • Editado jasonmadruga84 sexta-feira, 1 de abril de 2011 18:33 edit
    segunda-feira, 27 de dezembro de 2010 16:55
  • I have solution.

Good luck

Hi, this also did the trick for me. Thanks mReXiTuS!!!
    terça-feira, 4 de janeiro de 2011 21:44
  • hope this works man.. tired of all other options.
    quinta-feira, 20 de janeiro de 2011 09:21
  • I have solution.

Good luck

Thanks. It Works Fine.
    segunda-feira, 31 de janeiro de 2011 23:31
  • I have solution.

Good luck

Sorry, I didnt understand at all, I got vista but it had came with my laptop, and so where can I get the Vista Install DVD? Can someone give me a download link?

and other question too, "Navigate to DVD (for example d: or e:, depends on your drives setting)" how do I do that?

sexta-feira, 25 de março de 2011 18:38
  • This solution works and is the quickest way to resolve issue. I had the problem booting a Windows 7 ISO in virtual box and this solved it.  Many thanks!
    quinta-feira, 5 de maio de 2011 17:53
  • i've tried those exact steps..i get to the command prompt...type in E:/ which is my dvd-drive.  Then type cd sources.  and then setup...final result saying this...

E:\SOURCES>setup

' setup' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or bath file??

any suggestions would be great

quarta-feira, 1 de junho de 2011 02:44
  • This worked for me...thanks!
    quinta-feira, 25 de agosto de 2011 00:47
  • Hi,

Very Useful information. It works for me.. Its very simple to do...

Best Regards,

Innova

domingo, 10 de junho de 2012 08:15
  • I have solution.

Good luck

This solution don"t work if I use Vista in another language than Windows 7 disc.

domingo, 29 de julho de 2012 21:40