none
Library missing after rebuild

Pergunta

• Hi,

WMP12 wouldn't automatically update files and the forced method complained about a database corruption, therefore I followed advise from a few thread and I deleted all the .wmdb files from %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player.  Now it doesn't show any files in the new library.  I thought it just took time to rebuild, but I left it for a weekend and nothing. 

I checked the 'Manage X Libraries'/'Music Library Locations' and the it has the correct folders listed.

Anyone know how to force it to rebuild?  I can't get my old file back now.  I foolishly deleted the old library and relied only on the System Restore Point instead of renaming the old file, thinking it would snap WMP fiels since it's part of the OS.

Any ideas?

quinta-feira, 12 de julho de 2012 00:23

Respostas

• Hi,

I was in the same boat, delete all the files in the Media Player Folder and expected it to auto-rebuild.  I spent hours researching it and trying all the options out there.  this is the best option I've been able to cobble together.  It's not the silver bullet, but it works.

Simply create a new Windows 7 User Account (Start/Control Panel/User Account...) and setup WMP12 per usual. That's it!

I have this new account logged-in in parrallel to my existing account, i.e. choose Start\Switch Users.  You can of course use this new account as your primary account, but mine was too much of a pain to reconfigure so I left it to run WMP12 in the background.  I stream to a PS3, works like a charm again.

The issue seems to be in the User Profile somewhere.  Even though the Folder directy path is correct in the UI, it seems to be using another file path; likely Null.  My guess is the solution is in the registery somewhere, but that's as far as I went.  I deduced this by copying the Media Player folder from the New Profile(working) to the Old Profile(not working).  The Files initially showed up in the Old Profile's WMP12, but once the library updater kicked in it started to delete all the files from the library.

I hope this works for you.

sexta-feira, 13 de julho de 2012 15:08

Todas as Respostas

• Confirm you still have a Music library and files are still in it,

Click the start button and click on Music, are you files still here,

Some times when you remove a location it will also remove the location from your win-7 library system as well,

Windows live photo gallery for instance does this, I can't remember if wmplay would though ?

quinta-feira, 12 de julho de 2012 06:32
  • Hi,

I was in the same boat, delete all the files in the Media Player Folder and expected it to auto-rebuild.  I spent hours researching it and trying all the options out there.  this is the best option I've been able to cobble together.  It's not the silver bullet, but it works.

Simply create a new Windows 7 User Account (Start/Control Panel/User Account...) and setup WMP12 per usual. That's it!

I have this new account logged-in in parrallel to my existing account, i.e. choose Start\Switch Users.  You can of course use this new account as your primary account, but mine was too much of a pain to reconfigure so I left it to run WMP12 in the background.  I stream to a PS3, works like a charm again.

The issue seems to be in the User Profile somewhere.  Even though the Folder directy path is correct in the UI, it seems to be using another file path; likely Null.  My guess is the solution is in the registery somewhere, but that's as far as I went.  I deduced this by copying the Media Player folder from the New Profile(working) to the Old Profile(not working).  The Files initially showed up in the Old Profile's WMP12, but once the library updater kicked in it started to delete all the files from the library.

I hope this works for you.

sexta-feira, 13 de julho de 2012 15:08