none
Scrubbing Video in Windows Media Player

Pergunta

• Does MSFT have any plan to enable video scrubbing in Windows Media Player?  Where I work, we routinely scrutinize video frame by frame and it would be of tremendous help if WMP had the ability to move a single frame at a time using the arrow keys (or some other key combination).  Because of this limitation, we have to almost exclusively use Apple’s QuickTime which allows for quick and seamless scrubbing.  Since we must use QuickTime, that means that most of our videos are .mov files encoded with H.264.  If I have a .wmv to scrutinize, I must first convert.

Interestingly enough, MSFT Expression Encoder 4 has the ability to scrub .wmv video (albeit poorly).  If Expression Encoder 4 can do it, why is this feature not exported to WMP?

• Tipo Alterado DarienHawk67 sexta-feira, 29 de junho de 2012 20:38 Looking for answer from a MSFT rep.
    sexta-feira, 29 de junho de 2012 17:16

Respostas

• Hi,

For this kind of function request or feedback, in fact, this is considered by our develop team. Maybe I cannot give you an explicit answer right now. But  I will forward your feedback to our develop team.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Marcado como Resposta DarienHawk67 segunda-feira, 2 de julho de 2012 04:48
    segunda-feira, 2 de julho de 2012 02:49

Todas as Respostas

• Hi,

For this kind of function request or feedback, in fact, this is considered by our develop team. Maybe I cannot give you an explicit answer right now. But  I will forward your feedback to our develop team.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Marcado como Resposta DarienHawk67 segunda-feira, 2 de julho de 2012 04:48
    segunda-feira, 2 de julho de 2012 02:49
  • That's an acceptable answer.  Thank you.
    segunda-feira, 2 de julho de 2012 04:47
  • It is possible to step through frames in WMP. Switch to Now Playing mode, right-click an empty area, and select Enhancements - Play speed settings. In Play speed settings, stepping can be done by clicking on the left/right arrow buttons.

Unfortunately there don't seem to be any key combinations for this. If you need those you could also use a third-party player like MPC-HC.

Tim De Baets
    http://www.bm-productions.tk

sexta-feira, 6 de julho de 2012 16:22