none
I have a "No Audio Output Device is installed" sign in my notification area with a red cross over the speaker.

Discussão Geral

• The "Detecting Problems/Playing Audio" window on clicking the speaker with the red cross shows: Audio device is disabled - Not fixed.

I run Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit OS) on an Intel CPU and Mercury motherboard. I've tried all the possible solutions online, none helps.

quinta-feira, 23 de fevereiro de 2012 16:48

Todas as Respostas

• You will have to go to the Mercury website, identify your motherboard, and download the Windows 7 audio drivers for your particular motherboard.

Microsoft does not write the drivers for third party hardware, that is the sole responsibility of the manufacturer.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

quinta-feira, 23 de fevereiro de 2012 17:51
  • I have already done that, installed them. Doesn't work!
    sexta-feira, 24 de fevereiro de 2012 05:31
  • Is the audio disabled in the BIOS?  Is the audio disabled in the Device Manager?

If not, then you either have a bad audio driver or your audio chip is defective.  Do you have the correct speakers selected for output?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

sexta-feira, 24 de fevereiro de 2012 12:15
  • The audio is enabled in BIOS and device manager, and the drivers are up to date. Yet it doesn't work. There are other users on discussions for the same issue, albeit its for vista. I've tried the "sleep" trick, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers several times, yet it doesn't work!
    sábado, 25 de fevereiro de 2012 15:14
  • What is the exact make, model, and series of your Mercury motherboard?

It is virtually impossible to make intelligent accesments of your situation without specific details about your hardware!

sábado, 25 de fevereiro de 2012 17:49
  • The model of my mercury motherboard is called PNMCP73V.

The download page for the drivers for this is http://www.mercury-pc.com/downloads_list.php?productid=766 . I've downloaded the drivers that say sound and audio, but they make no difference.

sexta-feira, 2 de março de 2012 14:35
  • Now that you have finally identified your audio hardware, I can tell you the drivers you have been downloading are not for Windows 7, they are Vista.  You have an IDT 92HD202 audio chip which is no longer supported and there are no Windows 7 drivers published for it.

Microsoft does not write any drivers for third party hardware, that is the sole responsibility of the hardware manufacturer or vendor.

Your only hope is that you can install the drivers in the compatibility mode.  If that works fine, if it doesn't there is nothing else that can be done.

Uninstall any instances of the drivers you currently have installed.  Reboot the computer.

Find the folder with the setup files and Right Click on the setup.exe, select Properties, then click on Compatibility tab, click on the box for Run this program in compatibility mode, select Vista SP2 from the drop down menu, click on Apply, the close by clicking on Close.  Right click on the setup.exe again, and select Run as Administrator.

I cannot guarantee this will fix your problem, but there are no other solutions available unless you can find an IDT Windows 7 driver for your audio chip.

sexta-feira, 2 de março de 2012 15:39
  • I did what you said but here's the problem. When I remove the current drivers and reboot, Win 7 automatically installs some drivers. When running my driver setup (in Win Vista SP2 compatibility, as administrator), it gives the following error:

ExitError:Error=Device Object not present, restart the system and run the setup again

So the problem remains unsolved!

quarta-feira, 14 de março de 2012 08:09