none
16 bit programs

Pergunta

• I have an old 16-bit program that is very popular. Catch - it needs a plug-in that is also 16-bit.
    I can load the program in Windows XP Mode and get most of the plugin to work, enough to be satisfied with.
    For some reason I can't load the program at all in Virtual PC (also XP) - it's cd thinks gives me a "not a valid 32bit program" and when I share the non-virtual cd back through it just quits.

So, my question is how can I either get this thing installed on VPC (preferred) or copy the Windows XP Mode so I don't have to set it up on everyone's machine over and over?
    Thanks

(P.S. no, I'm not running the two at the same time)

quinta-feira, 2 de fevereiro de 2012 19:54

Respostas

• If the cd has copy protection the emulated optical drive in Windows Virtual PC may be the problem.  Several such disks I know about cannot be used in WVPC due to some permissions issues (not involving running as Admin).  What is the full name of Catch and who is the publisher?  What does the plugin do?  Is any special hardware required?  As Rick says, we need specifics.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.

quinta-feira, 2 de fevereiro de 2012 21:04

Todas as Respostas

• If you want someone to give your question serious consideration, you are going to have to be much more specific about everything involved.  Just asking how do I get this program to run does not mean a thing.  How do you answer an abstract question?

You need to post details.

As much detail as you can think of.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    quinta-feira, 2 de fevereiro de 2012 20:41
  • If the cd has copy protection the emulated optical drive in Windows Virtual PC may be the problem.  Several such disks I know about cannot be used in WVPC due to some permissions issues (not involving running as Admin).  What is the full name of Catch and who is the publisher?  What does the plugin do?  Is any special hardware required?  As Rick says, we need specifics.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.

quinta-feira, 2 de fevereiro de 2012 21:04