none
The dreaded "Video Error-File Not Installed" When trying to watch LiveTV in WMC

Pergunta

• I'm getting the following error message when trying to use Live TV in WMC:

Video Error

Files needed to display video are not installed or are not working correctly. Restart Windows Media Center or restart the computer.

On this system my tuners are the Hauppauge HVR 2250 and the Hauppauge HD PVR.  It took awhile to set up, but when I click play on a channel I get 10 seconds of video, an audio loop of the same sound over & over followed by the above error message.

I ran into this problem once before on my Home Theater HTPC when trying to access the ATI Cable Card solution.  To get that to work I had to uninstall and reinstall Playready.  I tried 3 different ways of doing this on my new build & it did not fix the problem.  The only fix I didn't try was the one on Ceton's website that involves a whole lot of deleting of folders.

Since this current build doesn't have a cablecard installed, and gets the non-clear QAM stations from settop box through HD PVR, would it still be the Playready needing to be reset?  The symptoms look identical to when I had the previous problem.

These same files play in the BeyondTV that I'm trying to migrate from, so all codecs appear to be onboard.  I am using the latest HDPVR MediaCenter driver from the Hauppauge website & the latest drivers on the HVR-2250.

Thanks for any help!

segunda-feira, 9 de julho de 2012 14:58

Respostas

Todas as Respostas