none
Very brief guide to drivers for upgrading a Dell Inspiron 1525 from Vista 32-bit to Vista 64-bit or Windows 7 64-bit.

Discussão Geral

• Very brief guide to drivers for upgrading a Dell Inspiron 1525 from Vista 32-bit to Vista 64-bit or Windows 7 64-bit.

The Dell Inspiron 1525 is an extremely popular model of laptop and is a very good choice for a Dual-Core cpu at a relatively good price point. However, it has one very big drawback, it ships with only a 32 bit OS. Simply put, a dual-core cpu is a 64-bit processor and the operating system that comes with the laptop is Microsoft Vista Home, which operates at 32-bits. You’ve paid for four lanes of highway, but you’re only using two! Upgrading to Windows XP 64 bit, Vista 64 bit, or even the Windows 7 beta (test version) 64 bit operating system is the only way to take advantage of the additional speed you’ve paid for. And it is worth it.

Dell does not support, suggest, or recommend upgrading your OS to anything other than the factory installed OS. So if you upgrade, you’re on your own. If you’re unsure of how this may affect your warranty, I strongly suggest you contact Dell before doing any modification of your OS. I also highly suggest you back up all of your data, either to an online storage spot or to cd/dvd discs where you can easily access it after the upgrade is complete. (NOTE: I recommend you make that a bi-weekly, if not a bi-daily, habit) Backup! Backup! Backup! Next make sure you have all of the original CD’s and installation material that came with your laptop in case you want to restore the original settings later on. There are hundreds of online guides that will walk you through the upgrade process. Google it and you should be able to find one that works for you.

Dell does not offer a readily available list of drivers for 64-bit operating systems. The purpose of this here is simply to give a list of drivers that I downloaded that worked for me. After doing a fresh, clean install of Vista 64-bit, I got out the Driver Installation disk that came with my Inspiron 1525. On that disk, there are several drivers that are already 64-bit compatible. Insert the disk and select Vista 64 bit under Operating System. Click on extract for each driver you want and under the View pane it will tell you if it is 64-bit compatible. Some drivers under the Vista 32 bit section will also show if they are compatible with 64 bit. Install each of the drivers that meet the criteria. Alternatively, you can go to the Dell Website and enter your Service Tag number (from the back of the laptop) and Dell will provide you a list of all drivers that shipped with your laptop. Click on each one and select the Compatibility option to see if it is 64 bit or not. If it is, download and install.

As I said before, Dell does not have a readily available list of drivers that may be needed after a clean install of a 64 bit OS. Here I will offer the drivers that I hunted down that worked for my installation of both Vista 64 bit and Windows 7 beta 64 bit. These drivers are not necessarily listed as being for the Inspiron 1525, but I have installed them and they provide the same functionality on the 1525 as their 32-bit counterparts. To find them, simply go to Dell’s website, in the drop down box next to the search bar select “Support and Help” and type the R number in the search bar. The driver should be the first one listed. Click and download. Once downloaded, double click to install. That simple.

Downloaded Drivers:

R153910

Sigmatel STAC 92xx C-Major HD Audio 64bit

R165805

Dell TouchPad / Pointing Stick 64bit

R166187

Intel Mobile Chipset  32bit/64bit*

R166188

Ricoh r5c833  Card 32bit/64bit*

R166201

Intel Turbo Memory 32bit/64bit*

R173082

Creative Labs Integrated Webcam 32bit/64bit*

R174292

Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN MiniCard*

R181307

Java Runtime Enviornment jre-6u5*

R182065

Dell Recommended Vista Power Management Settings 32bit/64bit

R182249

Dell QuickSet 64bit*

R167854

Marvell 88E80XX 10/100 Ethernet Controller 32bit/64bit*

*available on the Driver CD

Additional variations you may wish to try:

R196522

Dell QuickSet 64bit

R198006

QuickSet 64bit

R200495

Dell QuickSet 64bit

R180762

Dell QuickSet 32bit

R163853

Dell QuickSet 64bit

R174292

Dell Wireless 1490 Dual-Band WLAN MiniCard 32bit/64bit

Important:

Dell Support Center does not work with 64 bit OS.

Dell DataSafe Online works, but not very well. For online backup, try MOXY.

Dell Media Direct 3.5 may be permanently deleted from your system if you upgrade and may not fully re-install even when performing a complete re-install via the reinstallation disk provided by Dell.

A few other things that I’d like to mention. First, is that you may find it difficult for some of your applications or software to work with a 64 bit OS. Try Compatibility mode. This will work for probably 60% - 80% of all software. For the rest, it’s hit or miss. Check the softwares’ website for suggestions. Secondly, if your Inspiron 1525 has a built in webcam, try this: When installing, change the default installation directory from “C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell” to just “C:\Program Files\Dell”. This simple change was all that was needed to fix a very pesky problem which was preventing me from using the Webcam. And if you find any other software giving you a hard time, ie: ScreenSavers, this solution may well work for them too. Third, you may need to re-install the Sigmatel STAC 92xx C-Major HD Audio driver after you install the webcam to get the built-in microphone to work correctly. During one install, I had to do this, during another I didn’t. So I just offer it up as a suggestion if needed.  

NOTE: You can obtain a free test version of Windows 7 beta from Microsoft, but they do warn that its license expires in August of 2009 and you will need to uninstall it after that point. Therefore, I only recommend using Windows 7 for those who are technically inclined. Stick with Vista if you don’t want to, or don’t like to, install a clean copy of the OS every few months. I will strongly urge you to purchase a copy of Windows 7 once it becomes commercially available as I have almost nothing but good things to say about the beta (test) version. I’m pretty sure the bag of chips will be included in the price.

terça-feira, 10 de março de 2009 23:34

Todas as Respostas

• Thank you for sharing it.
    sexta-feira, 13 de março de 2009 10:22
  • Hi Shawshine

Excellent post, thank you for taking the time to share.

Regards,

Thank You for testing Windows 7 Beta

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    sábado, 14 de março de 2009 14:25
    Moderador
  • I'm need this Drivers for windows 7 32-64bit
    sábado, 14 de março de 2009 16:47
  • I also have Dell 1525 with Dell 1395 Wifi Card. My Wifi turns off automaticaly and I need to restart machine. This can happen in 5 minutes to 30 minutes. I am using Windows 7 beta.

Please Help.
    Vinay Chopra
    sexta-feira, 17 de abril de 2009 06:22
  • I also have Dell 1525 with Dell 1395 Wifi Card. My Wifi turns off automaticaly and I need to restart machine. This can happen in 5 minutes to 30 minutes. I am using Windows 7 beta.

Please Help.
    Vinay Chopra

Im in the same boat as you.  Using the x64 version of 7100.  I was wondering if anyone has found a fix or a new driver.
    sábado, 16 de maio de 2009 22:31
  • Try uninstalling the Dell Driver and installing the new driver that Microsoft supplies on it's Windows Update page. Then go to the device manager, select network adapter. Click on the wireless adapter, and select the Power Management Tab and uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn-off this device to save power". Click OK. The driver version I'm using from MS is:

Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN Mini-Card

Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver Date: 10/1/2008
    Driver Version: 4.176.75.18
    Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows
    domingo, 17 de maio de 2009 02:26
  • I have windows 7 ultimate 32-bit & have dell inspiron 1525
    I want video driver for my laptop ..
    plz help me as soon as possible.
    sexta-feira, 3 de julho de 2009 04:42
  • Thanks for this list. I have made the following changes:

32-64bit: SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio_ 27.4.2009_A03 R218148
    64bit: CONEXANT D330 modem driver_19.3.2009_7.75.00.51_R207055
    32bit: Intel Turbo Memory_4.1.2008_R166201 (only install if you want to use Windows ReadyBoost en ReadyDrive (USB enabled), see also http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/itm/
    32 Dell 5520 Vodafone mobile_8.11.2007_R162200
    FIRST R159805 (Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module (Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR), v.BTW Radio On) -> this makes sure Bluetooth is enabled
    THEN 32-64 Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR) Module_4.1.2008_ A00_R140135

Don't install the following drivers, because (after update) Windows 7 installs newer drivers!
    32-64bit: Intel PROWireless 3945ABG_4.1.2008_A05_R164259
    32 Marvell 88E80XX 10100 Ethernet Controller_4.1.2008_A01_R167854

I'm not sure why I should install:
    - Dell Touchpad
    - Java Runtime Environment (what piece of hardware does this driver manage?)
    - Dell recommended Vista Power
    - Dell Quickset

I think you can also identify your hardware (e.g. using Sisoft Sandra) and get the latest driver directly from the manufacturer. Or why shouldn't I?

Please post your own best/latest drivers for Windows 7 64bit!
    • Editado Hond70 domingo, 12 de julho de 2009 22:23
    quinta-feira, 9 de julho de 2009 20:20
    bcoz games r running in low resolution..
    sábado, 11 de julho de 2009 08:29
  • Hey RJ Rohan,

This topic is about the 64-bit version of Vista and Windows 7. So you're question is a bit off topic.
    But just to serve you: surf to Dell.com, click on drivers, look up inspiron 1525, choose your language and choose Vista 32bit.
    The video driver is on the list. How easy can life be...
    Not sure what driver to choose? Fill in your service tag (see the bottom of your laptop) and you'll get your specific drivers!
    domingo, 12 de julho de 2009 22:22
  • Thanks for the share,

I have done the exact same thing with my Vostro 1500 but with XP 64bit instead and I am only short one notch on my drivers list, Ricoh R5C833. I know you have provided the R166188 but that won't do for XP 64bit. I am desparate, can you or anyone lend me a hand here?

Thanks a whole bunch in advance.
    terça-feira, 14 de julho de 2009 06:57
  • Dear StingerNash,

Try R201214 (Ricoh R5C833 for XPS M1530 but for Vista 64bit).
    segunda-feira, 20 de julho de 2009 14:04
  • Thank you man, it worked like a charm! Now only if I had the driver for the touch pad (Synaptics Pointing Device) and a Dell Quick Set Application that can run on Windows XP 64 Bit and my vostro 1500, I am all set!

Unfortunately I ran a search on them both and despite downloading many, none appeared to be effective. I would be most grateful if any one could help me out with those as well.

Thank you once again.

terça-feira, 21 de julho de 2009 04:11
  • This is the latest Quickset driver: R216118
    Just type: http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=gen&c=us&l=en&k=dell+quickset+driver&cat=sup&p=2 and see for yourself.
    And http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=gen&c=us&l=en&cs=&k=Synaptics+Pointing+Device+driver&cat=sup for the touchpad.
    I hope you have learned to look for yourself now.

Good luck!
    terça-feira, 21 de julho de 2009 10:03
  • Thank you shawnshine for the great post!  

I have a Dell 1525 and wanted to know if it can do x64bit.  Now I know it can, and were to get the drivers.

Helps so much!
    quinta-feira, 30 de julho de 2009 13:49
    You can check directly on the Intel website.
    http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/detect.htm . Use the internet explorer and not google chrome. It will detect your chipcard and suggest the driver to download and install.

-Abhi
    segunda-feira, 14 de setembro de 2009 20:13
  • Just wanted to say a BIG thank you for putting this information out there!

I just installed Windows 7 Home 64bit onto my wife's Inspiron 1525 and so far it's GOOD!!!

The default Vista 32bit was suffering from the inability to display Google or Yahoo images and that is now fixed!  The infor to get the Alps touch pad working helped get the scroll functionality back, and the webcam and built-in mic notes you provided made getting Skype working pretty much a breeze.

So once again thanks for this great article and great resource!!!

Cheers,

Scott
    domingo, 1 de novembro de 2009 03:45
  • I have windows 7 64bits 7600 on a dell inspiron 1525 and
     when i put it in standby and i want to start the pc, the will not start and nothing will be showing .. i see that the pc is starting because i see the light on the bord going on but nothing is showing on.
    Is there a solution ??
    segunda-feira, 9 de novembro de 2009 01:22
  • Thank you man, I've been looking for this EVERYWHERE. I love you :D!
    quinta-feira, 12 de novembro de 2009 21:02
  • I have the same problem with taking forever to come out of standby.  The harddrive led blinks for about 2 minutes with a blank screen.  It eventually comes back to life.  I usually press the power button a couple times and close and open the lid.
    terça-feira, 17 de novembro de 2009 04:04
  • Get Dell to work on the Dell 355 Bluetooth driver

The only driver that doesn't work well on the 64-bit version of Windows 7 is the Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR driver: R140135
    Adding bluetooth devices trigger errors in the device manager. I was able to send files to my nokia phone using bluetooth, but with a lot of tweaking.
    See this Google query how many people suffer from this.

Now there might be a solution. Please promote this question on the ideastorm project site of Dell! This is a very good way to get Dell to solve this problem!
    Please surf to Dells ideastorm project and promote this idea.
    sexta-feira, 20 de novembro de 2009 12:11
  • I have upgraded my inspiron 1525 to widows 7 professional 64 bit. The info you provided really helped me. Thank you, I really appreciate it.
    sábado, 21 de novembro de 2009 22:18
  • Huge thanks for this post. I upgraded our 1525 to win 7 home premium 64bit last night and the only issue i can see is the scrolling on the touch pad isn't working. Google search this morning brought me here and I look forward to installing the driver and completing the install. tried Dell tech support last night and they were not very helpful and quite down on the moving from 32 to 64 bit.

THANKS AGAIN!!!
    terça-feira, 24 de novembro de 2009 16:08
  • First i would like to thank you for this usefull gide. I'm using Windows 7 x64 Professional on my dell with 4 GB RAM and i'm having some issues:

- Watching movies in windows media player is slower than vista, for exaple watch a divx movie and do alt+tab, wmp will get slugish.
    - When i'm compiling an ASP.NET project locally in VS 2008 the computer crawls...this didn't happen with windows vista too.
    - When waking up from hibernation/standby the computer sometimes crashes, the screen gets all messed up (faulty intel graphics driver?)

I have a few more but these are the most anyoing,any one experiencing problems in their inspiron 1525?

Thanks.

Carlos Ferreira
    quarta-feira, 25 de novembro de 2009 09:04
  • See my post above (July 21) for the correct driver for your touch pad
    quarta-feira, 25 de novembro de 2009 22:42
  • Strange. All I hear is that Windows 7 on Inspirons run very well. Have you run some diagnostic tools? Is your computer getting hot? Is Vista still running? And no problems there?
    I suggest you check the logs and do some research on Google.
    quarta-feira, 25 de novembro de 2009 22:46
  • As far as i can tell, what's making my dell crash in windows 7 after standby is the graphics drivers, i was using the latest from intel for windows 7 x64.
    Now i'm using windows vista x64 for testing , installed it yesterday just had a bluescreen a few minutes ago "page fault in nonpaged area"... i'm really unlucky with my machine.
    Carlos Ferreira
    quinta-feira, 26 de novembro de 2009 09:33
  • re: I'm not sure why I should install:
    - Dell Touchpad

If you use an external mouse you
     wont be able to turn off the touchpad  then every now and then you will hit the touchpad
    messing up your ty  p  in g
    domingo, 29 de novembro de 2009 10:22
  • Hi, I am running windows7 64 bit on my 1525 and not sure which driver I need to correct a problem with my Panasonic Camcorder SW. The SW works fine on another laptop with win7 so it's not the SW. The moment I click on my camera folder on the HD writer AE1.5 SW, it crashes. Please let me know if I am missing some driver(s). The crash detail says the problem module is the DriveControl. dll

Cheers,
    Jonathan

quarta-feira, 2 de dezembro de 2009 01:04
  • re. upgrading from Vista 32 to Windows 7 64, video driver issues

I found a 64 bit driver for win 7 on the intel site for the chipset in my dell inspiron 1525 that worked for projection, video out etc.  the link is here.  dell site had nothing useful, but intel was on top of it.  my dell inspiron 1525 is now fully upgraded from vista 32 to windows 7 64 (wipe and full install).  this driver was the last step.  --rd

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2800&DwnldID=18228&lang=eng
    sábado, 9 de janeiro de 2010 00:38
  • How many dedicated video memory has been detected?

check it is Desktop -> Screen Resolution -> Advanced Settings -> Adapter tab -> Dedicated Video Memory / System Video Memory!

quinta-feira, 14 de janeiro de 2010 13:35
  • How many dedicated video memory has been detected?

check it is Desktop -> Screen Resolution -> Advanced Settings -> Adapter tab -> Dedicated Video Memory / System Video Memory!

you could also try using the DirectX Diagnostic tool (dxdiag.exe) to get the video RAM information on the Display tab of the DirectX Diagnostic tool.
    sexta-feira, 5 de março de 2010 01:55
  • Great Post! Shawnshine, I have Window 7 ultimate x64 on Dell Inspiron 1525. Recently, I have started getting message in the task bar "Consider replacing your battery" Is there any particular driver I need to update to get rid of this message? Thanks in advance.
    segunda-feira, 22 de março de 2010 02:19
  • So far as I know, the system is doing exactly as it's designed. I've been getting the same message recently as well. The Dell QuickSet  software is simply relaying information about the battery that is detected by the BIOS. You can check the batteries health in the BIOS by pressing F2 as the laptop begins to boot up. Once in the BIOS, look on the left hand side and go down to BATTERY HEALTH and BATTERY INFO. This is were you will see the messagage about the battery. My particular battery is a  6cell that will only hold about an hours charge with all of the power saving settings on. This is normal for these kinds of batteries. Dell does sell replacement 9cell batteries at a premium. However, I believe I've seen after-market 12cell batteries on Ebay for about 1/3 cheaper.  As far as making the message go away, the only thing I've found is to disable the Dell Quick Set software, but you'll lose that additional functionality.  My wife has the same make/model as well, but is running Vista 32 bit. I've swapped batteries to see if my battery gave the same message on her machine. It does. So the only thing to do at this point is purchase a new battery. Hope that helps..

segunda-feira, 22 de março de 2010 23:45
  • So far as I know, the system is doing exactly as it's designed. I've been getting the same message recently as well. The Dell QuickSet  software is simply relaying information about the battery that is detected by the BIOS. You can check the batteries health in the BIOS by pressing F2 as the laptop begins to boot up. Once in the BIOS, look on the left hand side and go down to BATTERY HEALTH and BATTERY INFO. This is were you will see the messagage about the battery. My particular battery is a  6cell that will only hold about an hours charge with all of the power saving settings on. This is normal for these kinds of batteries. Dell does sell replacement 9cell batteries at a premium. However, I believe I've seen after-market 12cell batteries on Ebay for about 1/3 cheaper.  As far as making the message go away, the only thing I've found is to disable the Dell Quick Set software, but you'll lose that additional functionality.  My wife has the same make/model as well, but is running Vista 32 bit. I've swapped batteries to see if my battery gave the same message on her machine. It does. So the only thing to do at this point is purchase a new battery. Hope that helps..

segunda-feira, 22 de março de 2010 23:45
  • If you download the win7_64_1512754.exe video driver from Intel it will not kill the 5.1 channel HDMI audio like the Dell driver does.
    sexta-feira, 26 de março de 2010 14:31
  • If you download the win7_64_1512754.exe video driver from Intel it will not kill the 5.1 channel HDMI audio like the Dell driver does.
    sexta-feira, 26 de março de 2010 14:31
  • I am still having problems with the touchpad.  I installed the above, but it is still not working.  Can someone help me??
    quarta-feira, 7 de abril de 2010 16:43
  • I experienced the same message. I'm afraid I have to inform you that no driver will solve your problem.... It's simply your battery which has gone dead... I've bought a brand new battery (no compatible one, but the original Dell) from http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230347710203 . Good luck!
    quinta-feira, 8 de abril de 2010 11:20
  • Thanks for the help. This article was really needed.
    segunda-feira, 12 de abril de 2010 16:24
  • i love all the toyz vista has, but i am an audi and video freak and a musician, if i record a video off my laptop inspiron 1525 from dell, it will only play in my laptop, i believe dell has these things configured so we are limited to do but so much, i want to use my own windows xp pro instilation disk on my laptop and it doesnt it says not enouph disk space but it works on other computers, wierd i think, i believe vista is a much bigger OS than xp so when i delete the partition it should of worked but it doesnt can you please help me shawnshine im getting sick of vista i know xp has to work if vista will but like i said, dell and vista got there ____ on here, i have a dell inspiron 1525 and i like it but i believe i would have the freedom with my xp pro instilation cd and be able to do all my audio and video functions, and if you cant help me is there anybody that can help me once i get xp on my laptop im pretty good at everything else 
    quarta-feira, 14 de abril de 2010 07:09
  • Ronnie1979,

What you're talking about doing is Downgrading from Vista 32 bit to Windows XP. This thread is for upgrading from a 32bit OS to a 64bit OS. Do a search for "Downgrading Vista to XP". There are plenty of forum threads on that topic. I'm not 100%, but I'm about 90% sure that your problem is due to the fact that your either using an XP upgrade disc (which won't work since your downgrading Vista) or The installation disc you have is a OEM disc (ie: a disc that came from the manufacturer with a new pc and will only work for that computer). If you have a geniune  copy of XP Pro (and not an upgrade disc) you will need to delete your partition and do a clean install of the OS. Vista is not backwards compatable with XP and a clean install is the only way to downgrade that I know of. But again there are lots of other threads that cover that topic and may have differing views. Remember, 1st, always, and forever: BACKUP your Data before playing with OS upgrades/downgrades/sideways.

quarta-feira, 14 de abril de 2010 13:53
  • i am creating backup disk now but i purchased windows xp professional and it works on other computers and laptops, and i cant use it for myself lol smh which sucks, so yes i am tryin to down-grade from vista home to win xp pro 64 bit is there a way to change the bios or something this dell was pretty expensive and i purchased a lagitament copy of win xp pro it works well with any other computer not running vista with dell's ____ involved, is there a way, tryin to do a clean install sucks but is the only way, but when i delete the partition it says there isnt enouph space press F3 to exit setup, now if im not mistaken i deleted the partition and yet was still able to select the option to open windows normally, wich means the partition wasnt deleted right? I got a cool lapap and to me vista is cool but i love xp, and all my other computers are using my win xp pro, also my girlfriend has the samething i got but it was running win xp home 32 and i was able to upgrade it with my win xp pro disk please mann i need your help
    quinta-feira, 15 de abril de 2010 03:36
  • Again,it bares repeating, this is off topic for the thread. What you need to do is search for "downgrading Vista to XP". There are lots of threads that can walk you through that.  It sounds like you are trying to install the Windows XP OS while you are running Vista. You won't be able to do that. You have to set the boot option in the bios to allow boot from Cd-rom.  Reboot the laptop with the xp disc in the cd tray. When it starts to boot it will ask you to press any key to boot from CD. Then follow the on-screen instructions. If you follow this, you'll be able to delete the partition and do a clean install. Your other option is to set up dual boot mode so that you can run Vista or XP. Again, there are lots of tutorials out there can walk you through that.
    quinta-feira, 15 de abril de 2010 23:16
  • Another possible option would be to download an fdisk tool that you can load onto a thumbdrive. Make the thumbdrive bootable. Set the bios to allow booting from thumbdrives. Boot into the thumbdrive and use the fdisk tool to delete the partition. Then go back and boot into the windows xp cd and install. If you still have problems, download Hiran's BootCD and use one of the included Partition tools. http://www.hirensbootcd.net/download.html
    quinta-feira, 15 de abril de 2010 23:41
  • I'm using Dell Inspiron 1525 with windows vista 64bit. after installation my DVD/RW is not working. so i tested in dos through pre boot test. it shows me error code: 2000 146. i am unable to load any CD/DVD. The hardware is working properly but driver is not supporting for this hardware.

please give suggestion to solve this problem and links to download the drivers that can support for Vista 64bit.

segunda-feira, 7 de junho de 2010 02:29
  • I'm using Dell Inspiron 1525 with windows vista 64bit. after installation my DVD/RW is not working. so i tested in dos through pre boot test. it shows me error code: 2000 146. i am unable to load any CD/DVD. The hardware is working properly but driver is not supporting for this hardware.

please give suggestion to solve this problem and links to download the drivers that can support for Vista 64bit.

Hi Sandy

You need to go to the Dell support website. You can set up an account there specifying your Service Tag and Express Service Code.

After you do this, you will see a link to all of the available drivers for that specific system.

Dell Support Home Page

Dell Support Forums

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    segunda-feira, 7 de junho de 2010 05:04
    Moderador
  • i am using windows 7 64-bit on my dell inspiron 1525 laptop.

i need the video driver for it.

sábado, 3 de julho de 2010 10:40
  • i am using windows 7 64-bit on my dell inspiron 1525 laptop.

i need the video driver for it.

sábado, 3 de julho de 2010 10:41
  • I installed R182065 and now my 1395 wifi card won't connect to my AP.

Also my firewall won't turn on manually or otherwise.

Happens on dell insp 1720 too.

How can I uninstall the power scheme and undo all it's effects?

I'm pretty sure that's the last thing I did. But I am interested in any resolution to WIFI not connecting - I have gone through all the standard wifi suggestions.

It was working fine until I installed the DellPwrCfg (R182065).

BTW the R182065 isn't needed at all for the 1525.

win 7 - dell 1525

domingo, 4 de julho de 2010 18:37
  • I just installed the 64 bit, dell input driver r244796, on the Dell Inspiron 1525, and the scrolling does work.  This should work for 64bit Vista or Windows 7.  Here's the link for the download....

ftp://ftp1.dell.com/input/R244796.EXE
    quinta-feira, 22 de julho de 2010 17:59
  • @Ronnie1979: have you tried changing the settings of the BIOS? particularly in SATA Operation listed in Ondboard Devices, change it from AHCI to ATA. Let mo know if it works. I know your post is a few months back, just want to help.("Vote as Helpful" if it works)

@shawnshine: this is a great post. Im planning to install Win7Prof x64 from Win7Prof x86, I hope I will not encounter any problems regarding the drivers, as what others have experiened.

Many Thanks.

domingo, 1 de agosto de 2010 14:08
  • I had problems with the video driver on my first install with freezes/blue screen (igdkmd64.sys or something like that) so I reinstalled and now I've been going fine (fingers crossed) for a couple weeks.  The second time around, I didn't install WinAmp or Comodo Antivirus and I didn't mess with the default windows Power settings.  I don't know if those have anything to do with it but those were my main two changes that I can remember compared to the first installation.

What I did do was a clean install of Windows 7 professional 64 bit followed by all the recommended Windows 7 updates.  Then I installed a few pieces of software that I wanted to use such as GIMP, OpenOffice, VLC, Skype, Thunderbird, etc. as well as things like Adobe reader, Flash player, printer drivers, etc.  Finally, I ran R218148 (to fix microphone?) and R188776 (to fix card reader?) and last Win7_64_1512754 (the chipset for intel graphics/sound).  I was careful on my second installation to restart after every installation/update instead of installing a bunch of stuff and restarting just once or twice... in case that made a difference.

It was very frustrating initially but hopefully the problem is resolved.  I wish there was a clear explanation and solution for this problem but I don't think it's worth it, financially, for any of the involved parties to put effort into that type of a fix.  I guess that's one of the prices we pay for the breakneck speed of technology development/turnover nowadays.

Hope this helps someone!

domingo, 1 de agosto de 2010 15:13
  • If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that leaving the power settings alone or not using Comodo antivirus were what fixed the problem but I really don't know.  If anyone has any ideas about what might be the culprit, I'd be curious to know.
    domingo, 1 de agosto de 2010 15:17
  • I downloaded the most recent drivers to the dell inspiron 1525 for XP,Vista, and windows 7.

All drivers are placed by the recommended install order.

Get it here: http://www.easy-share.com/1911898641/Drivers.zip

Carlos Ferreira
    segunda-feira, 16 de agosto de 2010 11:05
  • I know this is somewhat unrelated to 1525, but I've been looking for Inspiron 518 windows 7 64-bit drivers and I can't find them anywhere. I've read people saying they've successfully installed it on 518 without a hitch, but no mention of where they procured drivers for it. Anyone have any ideas where I can find them? If not, does anyone at least know if drivers for 64 bit windows 7 are interchangeable between Inspiron desktops? Thank you.

sábado, 28 de agosto de 2010 23:38
  • thats awesome, thanks

quinta-feira, 11 de novembro de 2010 08:36
  • Dell Inspiron 1525 driver and software manufacturers (dell) issued by the current versions of operating systems required to install the connection link
    quarta-feira, 5 de janeiro de 2011 12:25
  • Dell Inspiron 1525 notebook driver and software link. good luck
    quarta-feira, 20 de julho de 2011 19:20
  • Pls Give me Audio . VGA Driver Win-7 32 biT
    terça-feira, 29 de novembro de 2011 15:20
  • i upgraded my inspiron 1525 to win 7 64 bit .... everything is working apart from internet .... not ethernet connection not wifi////used all the drivers mentioned by shawnshine .....but still no progress.....it says that its connected but no internet access....when i go to diagnose problems and click on troubleshoot it just says that windows cannot find a solution to the problem...if i coonnect it thru a cell phone or data card it works fine ....so stuck
    sábado, 24 de dezembro de 2011 04:07
  • Hi,

Thanks for the detailed guidance.

I had upgraded my Dell 1525 vista to Windows 7 32-bit Enterprise edition. Everything works just fine but my external webcam. Despite of installing win 7 drivers for the cam, it just doesn't work! There is also screen resolution warning prompt every time I play a game on it. I think both the issues have to something to do with the non-compatibility of the OS with the hardware. 

I'm thinking of installing Win XP as a dualboot (to play games and use webcam) but some forums say that I cannot install XP with a higher version already installed. though, some forums do give a step-by-step procedure to do the same by partitioning the C drive.

What are your views on the same?

Cheers!

sábado, 14 de abril de 2012 09:59