none
Mouse erratic behavior in Win 7 64

Pergunta

• I've been using my current set up for at least 6 months and the issue has only arisen in the last 2 weeks.   Set up:

Intel i7 2600 3.5ghz

Foxconn H67M motherboard

GeForce GTX 560

8 gig 1333 memory

Win 7 64 bit sp1

USB Microsoft 5-button Intellimouse

Basically, the mouse drops out constantly for anything between 1 second and a minute; at times it might drop out all together and a re-boot required.  If I have the 'devices and printers' window open, the icon for the mouse disappears when the drop outs occur.  I tried a full Windows re-install after formatting the hard drive and even with a clean install, this made no difference whatsoever.  As I said, I've been using this system for at least 6 months with no issues, it just inexplicably started causing problems in the last 2 weeks.  Windows is reporting no problems, even when the mouse disappears from the devices.  I've tried changing the USB power settings to no avail.  I've tried the Win 7 hotfix update also, no change.

I'm wondering if there was a recent Windows update that might have caused this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Editado MrStoob domingo, 1 de abril de 2012 13:47
    domingo, 1 de abril de 2012 13:36

Respostas

• Hi,

Please logon with Safe Mode to see if the same issue occurs.

Also try to update mouse driver and BIOS, chipset to the latest version for test.

If the issue persists, try to reinstall USB controller:
    To remove and reinstall all USB controllers, follow these steps:
    a.    ClickStart, clickRun, typesysdm.cpl in theOpen box, and then clickOK.
    b.    Click theHardware tab.
    c.    Click theDevice Manager button.
    d.    ExpandUniversal Serial Bus controllers.
    e.    Right-click every device under theUniversal Serial Bus controllers node, and then clickUninstall to remove them one at a time.
    f.    Restart the computer, and then reinstall the USB controllers.
    g.    Plug in the removable USB storage device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

terça-feira, 3 de abril de 2012 03:37
    Moderador

Todas as Respostas

• Having tried a 2nd USB mouse and got the same erratic results, a friend brought round his laptop and lo, BOTH mice had dodgy leads.  Hence me thinking it was a system issue.  Thanks anyway.
    • Sugerido como Resposta Kamin of Ressik terça-feira, 4 de dezembro de 2012 19:06
    segunda-feira, 2 de abril de 2012 18:53
  • Hi,

Please logon with Safe Mode to see if the same issue occurs.

Also try to update mouse driver and BIOS, chipset to the latest version for test.

If the issue persists, try to reinstall USB controller:
    To remove and reinstall all USB controllers, follow these steps:
    a.    ClickStart, clickRun, typesysdm.cpl in theOpen box, and then clickOK.
    b.    Click theHardware tab.
    c.    Click theDevice Manager button.
    d.    ExpandUniversal Serial Bus controllers.
    e.    Right-click every device under theUniversal Serial Bus controllers node, and then clickUninstall to remove them one at a time.
    f.    Restart the computer, and then reinstall the USB controllers.
    g.    Plug in the removable USB storage device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

terça-feira, 3 de abril de 2012 03:37
    Moderador
  • I am having the same problem as mentioned above. I have tried updating drivers and swapping devices but mouse is erractic and jumps all over the screen when typing.
    sexta-feira, 6 de abril de 2012 19:01
  • you try the solution described there (basically to turn off power saving on usb hubs/devices), worked for me after months of pulling my hair out...http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/21322-windows-7-usb-mouse-freezes.html

sábado, 9 de junho de 2012 08:31