none
high definition audio controller driver

Pergunta

• In the device manager there is a little yellow triangle by the high definition audio controller driver.  When I try to update the driver software it says "windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date."  However, it is not working.

Any ideas?

sábado, 9 de junho de 2012 06:10

Respostas

• A. What update have you used? From Microsoft? I strongly recommend, especially in notebooks to use drivers submitted by computer vendor. Download and install it.

B. In notebooks information is on bottom of the notebook body. Vendor and model would suffice for identification. If you have workstation with unknown origin/model/vendor, the you can use program that will list components, eg. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

C. Important information is in Device Manager. many information gives systeminfo command (redirect it into file and read this file by notepad)

D. Plug in headphones or active speakers and configure in Control Panel.

Remember that this is forum for IT profesionals and better platform for common user problems is Microsoft Answers.

Regards

Milos

segunda-feira, 11 de junho de 2012 05:53

Todas as Respostas

• 1. Would you specify your hardware?

2. If the audio chip in onboard (motherboard), then you can address vendor's support forum. Chances are, that there is hw specific problem.

3. Try to update audio with driver specific to chip vendor

4. Hope that you install chipset, audio, video and NIC drivers just after vanilla plain system installation. This is important in notebooks.

5. Are there any traces in event logs?

6. You can disable driver checking in boot menu (F8).

7. Try to repeat your installation in clean and safe boot mode.

Regards

Milos

sábado, 9 de junho de 2012 08:20
  • Where do I look to determine what my hardware is?  I see no description in the driver details, it only says high definition audio controller.  I get the message  "windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date"  when I try to update the driver, but the message when I scroll over the lower right volume icon says "no audio output device is installed". 

domingo, 10 de junho de 2012 01:13
  • You have to know and tell us what hardware you have for us to help. 
    There is actually no proper driver installed for the device and Windows could not configure it with the generic driver. All you have to do is have a complete knowledge of all your hardware and then check all the driver discs you have. High Definition Audio Controller can be related to many things. You may have a Realtek, VIA, Creative etc sound card as well as a graphics card with HD audio support. Drivers will vary of course.
    domingo, 10 de junho de 2012 20:04
  • A. What update have you used? From Microsoft? I strongly recommend, especially in notebooks to use drivers submitted by computer vendor. Download and install it.

B. In notebooks information is on bottom of the notebook body. Vendor and model would suffice for identification. If you have workstation with unknown origin/model/vendor, the you can use program that will list components, eg. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

C. Important information is in Device Manager. many information gives systeminfo command (redirect it into file and read this file by notepad)

D. Plug in headphones or active speakers and configure in Control Panel.

Remember that this is forum for IT profesionals and better platform for common user problems is Microsoft Answers.

Regards

Milos

segunda-feira, 11 de junho de 2012 05:53