none
Windows 7 freeze, crash with no reason... on different computers with the same image..

Pergunta

• Hello, 

I have same the same issue with 2 Toshiba Laptop. My first Toshiba Tecra A11 (6 months older) is installed with Windows 7 Ultimate SP1. I'm a software developer. I have no games or other software installed on my laptop that I don't needed for my work. 

I looking for few days what is the source of these crashs and didn't find a solution.

I made an Acronis image of the my first Toshiba Tecra A11. I put it on my another Toshiba Satellite Pro C660. Before to finish to install all new Toshiba Drivers, this new computer crashed as the Tecra. Since I installed all new driver (2 days), it crashed many times. 

On my Toshiba Tecra A11, it freezes. No keyboard, no mouse. Freeze. On my second laptop Toshiba Satellite Pro with the same image but with updated drivers, it crashes with a blue screen (I believed it was Blue screen was the past...)

I have no more time to look for what is the source and resolve this issue and unfortunately I have to do (now) with this issue. I'm worry about these OS (Windows 7 Ultimate) , I remembered that my windows NT 3.51 was crashed but not Windows 2000. It a beautiful OS (W7) but it crashes and it takes to me a lot of time (and money) each time it crashes (Lost files, lost time to reboot, client await on phone to reboot is done, etc.). I worked for few months with the first laptop (Tecra A11) without this issue. It's seems it's probably is an OS issue. I looked for in Event Viewer and nothing to help me to understand what's is the source of these crashs. Nothing in other forums.  

If someone (i.e. Microsoft support) have good news about this crash I'm interested. 

Sincerely yours

Mazag

segunda-feira, 9 de julho de 2012 15:33

Respostas

• May I know where do you get the Windows 7 image?  Is it an OEM media from Toshiba?

It seems a driver or compatibility issue.  You may upload dmp files on Skydrive and let us analyze for you. In the meantime, have a hardware troubleshooting.

The log file will be %systemroot%\Minidump which is normally C:\windows\Minidump

How to read the small memory dmp files that Windows creates for debugging

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315263

Ivan-Liu

TechNet Community Support

terça-feira, 10 de julho de 2012 06:35