none
Windows 7 Compatible Fax Modems

Discussão Geral

• While the internet has moved to far faster channels, the old fax machine is still widely used in business, such as with lawyers and bankers.

I have an old Intel modem, 537 is orphaned

Found a Conexant based one and it does work. Driver comes with Windows.

Use for data is obsolete but the fax is still in business.

Windows 7 comes with Windows Scan & Fax so no 3rd party software is needed anymore. Handy since the WinFax team has since been reasigned.

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe

Server: ASRock P4-2GHz, 1.5 GB RAM, Linux Server, need IDE/SATA disks for my chess site

Workstation: Asus M2NBP-VM CSM, Athlon64 X2 4200+ 65W CPU, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA 8600GT, 320GB + 160G backup, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
    terça-feira, 29 de dezembro de 2009 03:31

Todas as Respostas

• I suppose you are talking about modems that work with win7 and can do faxes/connect to dial-up?

If so, I have gotten this modem to work on win7 right off the bat.... SoftV92 Data Fax Modem (PCI\VEN_14F1&DEV_2F00&SUBSYS_8D88141B)

- JoelbX    My favorite threads | Computer tips
          Contact me | 'Gadget' programs
    • Editado JoelbX domingo, 24 de janeiro de 2010 18:00 edit signature :)
    terça-feira, 29 de dezembro de 2009 04:30
  • That is the same driver that the Conexant card was recognized as. That card seems to be fine. I was simply disappointed more at Intel. Guess they are not as corporate as they used to be.

Dial-up is all but dead. Fax is still alive in the legal world. Court filings by fax are routine.

I have one other old modem but it seems to not work at all as it was not even recognized at all. There were lots more modems had this Conexant not worked. The logic I see is there is Software in Windows, so there must be hardware somewhere,

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe

Server: ASRock P4-2GHz, 1.5 GB RAM, Linux Server, need IDE/SATA disks for my chess site

Workstation: Asus M2NBP-VM CSM, Athlon64 X2 4200+ 65W CPU, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA 8600GT, 320GB + 160G backup, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
    terça-feira, 29 de dezembro de 2009 04:41
  • Thanks for your information sharing and supporting Microsoft!
    terça-feira, 29 de dezembro de 2009 10:03
  • Also got this modem working after a trip to Windows Update to get the driver:

Motorola SM56 Speakerphone Modem
    (PCI\VEN_1057&DEV_3052&SUBSYS_30201057)
    terça-feira, 29 de dezembro de 2009 14:52
  • Thanks for your information sharing and supporting Microsoft!
    No problem, I like Windows 7, now if only I could get my 8600 GT to not BSOD 20 times an hour. Thankfully my trusty old ATI card still works.

terça-feira, 29 de dezembro de 2009 21:03
  • And are you running on the latest nvidia drivers? I have had problems with the latest ones.... so in XP I run 185.85 and in win7 190.38 for a 8500GT gfx card.

terça-feira, 29 de dezembro de 2009 22:40
  • I yanked the 8600 GT for the x600 until new working drivers surface. 195.62 is the latest WHQL drivers.

quarta-feira, 30 de dezembro de 2009 00:11
  • I tried using older drivers, keep installing the new ones. So I am using the ATI card and NVIDIA is now removed from consideration for an upgrade.

quarta-feira, 30 de dezembro de 2009 01:33
  • I have a Hardware Modem/Fax Card by APACHE  - Anyone knows if it will work with Windows 7 64 bit ?
    As someone mentioned - I need it to send recieve faxes for the business.

Any suggestions of other compatible Hardware Modems ?

Regards

Nir
    domingo, 24 de janeiro de 2010 16:49
  • I have a Hardware Modem/Fax Card by APACHE  - Anyone knows if it will work with Windows 7 64 bit ?
    As someone mentioned - I need it to send recieve faxes for the business.

Any suggestions of other compatible Hardware Modems ?

Regards

Nir
    Does it work when you put it in the machine?

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe RaidMax Smilodon, 680W, Asus M2NBP-VM CSM AMD X2 4200+, 2GB DDR2-800, x600, more details on my site
    domingo, 24 de janeiro de 2010 20:07
  • I haven't yet recieved the PC (Core I7) with Windows 7 - The card is still in my old PC.

I will need to have the solution as soon as the new PC gets here.

I cannot say if Windows 7 will even recognize its existance.

TIA

Nir
    segunda-feira, 25 de janeiro de 2010 14:18
  • Can you post the hardware ID so we can find exactly what modem you have.

Contact me | 'Gadget' programs           (Join my Folding@home team!)
    segunda-feira, 25 de janeiro de 2010 14:36
  • OK :
    My PC arrived last Thursday:
    Apache A56SP-HCF Hardmodem - Does not get recognized and the website does not have a driver for Windows 7 (nor Vista)

I tried a US robotics Modem but it does not feature voice (which is a must) and I couldn't get the Caller ID to work.

I even considered some external modems (TrndNet and USR) but they require a serial port which my mobo - lacks.
    The USB modem allow no bypass for my phone so if I want to use the line for both Fax AND phone - no no no !

My system is
    Win 7 Pro 64
    I7 9200 CPU
    Asus P6T mobo
    6 Gb RAM

Thanks for any possible solution- Even a new modem hardware !

terça-feira, 2 de fevereiro de 2010 17:29
  • I tried a US robotics Modem but it does not feature voice (which is a must) and I couldn't get the Caller ID to work.
    I realise its a long time since your post but I have a USR Modem (5637) which has issues here in the UK with Caller ID - I'm waiting on USR to come up with revised firmware and they have acknowledged this issue with it. As an interim workaround, if you're in the UK and its this model, you can select unknown country in the advanced configuration tab, reboot and that seemed to do the trick for caller ID for me. This still won't solve your lack of voice capability problem though. I've found a cheap USB Conexant V92 device seems to work fine although I'm unsure if Win 7 Fax and Scan supports Fax Class 2 (most of the work being done by the Fax Modem itself) or whether it's just lowly Fax Class 1 (work done in software and by the CPU).
    segunda-feira, 11 de junho de 2012 17:05