none
Computer will not boot after Microsoft EUUPDATE.EXE

Pergunta

• I have Windows 7 SP1 running on a Dell Latitude E6510 laptop.  I installed the software to connect to my Kodak Office ESP 2150 printer. 

All was well until an error started popping up, "The UI File is missing."  As per an article on Kodak's support site, I downloaded and installed Microsoft's European Union update (EUUPDATE.EXE) from Microsoft's downloads site.  (Why my printer needed an update for Europe, I have no idea.)

After installing this EUUPDATE.EXE, my computer will not boot at all.  I get the splash screen,  the POST, then nothing but a blinking cursor.

It is definitely not a hardware problem.  When I pulled the hard drive from another Dell E6510 and put it into mine, it booted fine.

How can I recover from this?  Is there some file I can remove or something? 

Thank you for your help with this odd problem.

terça-feira, 14 de fevereiro de 2012 19:45

Respostas

• Hi,

is there an error that appears?  check that your boot configuration is properly configured also try to boot  your pc in safe mode and uninstall the latest update installed  and check your event log if there is an error related to this problem, and if you can not boot your computer in safe mode you can run a repair system by using your installation media.

Oussama Oueslati | System Engineer | vNext Consulting

terça-feira, 14 de fevereiro de 2012 23:39

Todas as Respostas

• Hi,

is there an error that appears?  check that your boot configuration is properly configured also try to boot  your pc in safe mode and uninstall the latest update installed  and check your event log if there is an error related to this problem, and if you can not boot your computer in safe mode you can run a repair system by using your installation media.

Oussama Oueslati | System Engineer | vNext Consulting

terça-feira, 14 de fevereiro de 2012 23:39
  • Thank you for your reply.  I had already tried to go into safe mode, but it wasn't even bringing up Windows, so safe mode wouldn't come up either.  In the end, it turned out to be a bad motherboard.  Once that was replaced, all was well.  The fact that it started immediately after applying that update must have been purely coincidental.

Thank you.

quinta-feira, 23 de fevereiro de 2012 09:59