none
Windows 7 Explorer Address Bar Drop Down results

Întrebare

• In Windows Explorer (file explorer not IE), when you start typing in the Address Bar, similar previous results are displayed.  This a great feature so I don't have to type or save a bunch of favorites. I use this when going to various network locations without having to navigate through each server's file system.

With Windows 7, it displays my previous network locations that I have been to, but then a second later it expands to include every network location - making this previously cool feature completely useless.

Is there any way to restore the Address Bar Drop Down selections to previous functionality without including all network locations?

29 martie 2012 18:44

Răspunsuri

• Thanks, Kims.

This is what I was thinking - another useless, stupid new Windows "Feature" that causes more problems than it could ever solve and can't be disabled.

Unfortunately, our network has thousands of computers.  This dumbass "feature" locks up my computer for a second while looking at every network location and keeps me from using my saved history (making the History feature useless).  This is one of the reasons I will NEVER BUY A WINDOWS PHONE and certainly would NEVER GET A CAR WITH WINDOWS.

Apparently Microsoft wants corporations to find another operating system to use - hopefully Google will create one soon.

I used to love Microsoft but get more and more frustrated with them everyday.

Unfortunately, Windows 7 Explorer no longer allows users to create Favorites (which I NEVER used for a network location before but would be helpful now that the Address bar is useless) so my only real option is to create dozens of links on my desktop.  F.U. M$. Does anyone who updates and tests your products ever actually use them in real life? (This is a rhetorical question as I know that no one from Microsoft reads or cares about user problems).

Bryan..

2 aprilie 2012 18:00

Toate mesajele

• Hi,

Based my research, this is the new feature by design. It only shows the network locations’ main directories. We still can control the access permission about it.

If you want to delete the access history in Windows Explorer, please reference the link below:

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-remove-unwanted-items-from-addressbar-history-in-windows-explorer/

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Best Regards,

Kim Zhou

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

2 aprilie 2012 09:00
  • Thanks, Kims.

This is what I was thinking - another useless, stupid new Windows "Feature" that causes more problems than it could ever solve and can't be disabled.

Unfortunately, our network has thousands of computers.  This dumbass "feature" locks up my computer for a second while looking at every network location and keeps me from using my saved history (making the History feature useless).  This is one of the reasons I will NEVER BUY A WINDOWS PHONE and certainly would NEVER GET A CAR WITH WINDOWS.

Apparently Microsoft wants corporations to find another operating system to use - hopefully Google will create one soon.

I used to love Microsoft but get more and more frustrated with them everyday.

Unfortunately, Windows 7 Explorer no longer allows users to create Favorites (which I NEVER used for a network location before but would be helpful now that the Address bar is useless) so my only real option is to create dozens of links on my desktop.  F.U. M$. Does anyone who updates and tests your products ever actually use them in real life? (This is a rhetorical question as I know that no one from Microsoft reads or cares about user problems).

Bryan..

2 aprilie 2012 18:00