none
My Windows 7 Ultimate {32bit} does not install driver for my LG HDD HXD5 320GB

Întrebare

• My windows 7 does not install driver for my LG EXTERNAL HDD HXD5 320GB & its attached using a USB.

It works perfectly on Other computers having Windows 7 & Windows XP & Windows Vista, just doesn't work on mines.

I have had internet connected when it was installing hence it got the opportunity to search Windows Update for it but it fails :(

It works even on my computer ( I have DUAL OS) on windows XP SP3 but i need it to work in Windows 7.

Please help Thanks :)

& i have already tried tried the solution which was proposed for another topic in this forum on which it was to Uninstall the driver using Device Manager and unplug the HDD and attach again and let the computer detect and install it again, my computer does detect it but fails to install the drivers.

My Computer has a 2GB of RAM & 2.40GHZ (32bit) with an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor and had come with Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit installed, & i upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit which is completely updated to all the Updates that Microsoft had offered (using the built in Windows Update in Control Panel)

I have got screen shots of it too. http://shumayal.fileave.com/HDD.zip

PS: Same is the case with some of my USB Flash drives, but in their case they don't get detected at all but get in Windows XP SP3 (which is another OS on my pc) as well as on windows 7 and other OS on OTHER COMPUTERS but not mines in Windows 7.

• Editat de shumayal 1 august 2010 10:22 added link
    1 august 2010 10:19

Răspunsuri

•  Thanks for your replies everyone, unfortunately they did not solve my problem. It was not a problem with my Motherboard or whatsoever & nothing required updating.

I got my problem solved myself. As i mentioned that many of my USB Flash drives did not work but i made them work in a pretty weird way. I downloaded a Cruzer Micro driver (since this is what the device manager named my device) by googling it. They had only driver for one version of windows ofcourse! as they claimed & even Microsoft Claims that the later version of windows don't need as they are Plug & Play or whatsoever. I downloaded the Windows 98 Driver and installed it, again, ofcourse it won't install so i used the Windows Compatibility & set it to "Windows 98/ME" & Installed successfully, rebooted and inserted my USB Flash (SanDisk Micro 8gb) & it could not find it on Windows Update as usual & showed FAILED as usual. I went to device manager & chose "Update Manually" & chose the directory "C:\Windows\system32" & it seached & installed the driver automattically, Thank God :)

Similarly, I did for my other USB Flash drives (update manually) as well as the External LG Hard Disk & they magically seemed to install using the driver of Sandisk Cruzer Micro ! Because even before I tried doing the same, it would not find any driver.

• Marcat ca răspuns de shumayal 23 august 2010 06:41
    • Editat de shumayal 23 august 2010 06:42 "Motherboard not updated" was NOT A FACTOR
    23 august 2010 06:41

Toate mesajele

• Just a thought, when you mention "My windows 7 does not install driver for my LG EXTERNAL HDD HXD5 320GB & its attached using a USB." Are you able to see the external hd on my computer, same goes to disk management?

Also have you try inserting onto other usb port as well?

2 august 2010 01:21
    Membru care oferă răspunsuri
  • Yes, it shows in the DEVICE MANAGER (sorry, its not Disk Management), but it does not show in My Computer. I have mentioned it above, it shows in the Device managerwith the yellow smaller circle on the small icon, like a caution sign indicating a problem

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

& yes i have tried using other USB ports, same problem :(

• Editat de shumayal 2 august 2010 18:39 wrote Disk management.. corrected it to Device Manager
    2 august 2010 18:38
  • Hi,

I recommend you try to update the BIOS and the motherboard chipset drivers for Windows 7 firstly.

After that, please refresh the USB Stack:

Control Panel – Device Manager – USB Serial Controllers – Right Click on EVERYTHING and UNINSTALL all except the category itself – Reboot . This refreshes the drive and the USB stack

Then, right click on the LG EXTERNAL HDD HXD 5 320GB in Device Manager and select Update Driver Software.

You may also try the Windows 7 built-in Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hope it can help you!

Best Regards,

Miya Yao

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    3 august 2010 09:51
  • Uninstall the yellow exclamation from device manager and reboot your comp and see whether device manager detect and assign a driver for it
    4 august 2010 23:47
    Membru care oferă răspunsuri
  • I have already tried it. i have mentioned it ALREADY above.
    6 august 2010 10:57
  • Hi, thanks for your post,

Can you please tell me how can I update my BIOS and motherboard chipset?  I don't think they require update (if there is any) because Windows 7 upgrade advisor did not point it out.

6 august 2010 11:13
  • Hi,

Update your BIOS, please refer to http://www.wikihow.com/Update-Your-Computer's-BIOS , and update the motherboard chipset http://www.articlesbase.com/hardware-articles/how-to-update-motherboard-drivers-manually-and-automatically-2832198.html

Please note: we provide the third party link for technical use only. There may be some changes without notice, Microsoft doesn’t guarantee any accuracy on contacting information.

Regards,

Miya Yao

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marcat ca răspuns de Robinson Zhang 13 august 2010 09:28
    • Anulare marcare ca răspuns de shumayal 23 august 2010 06:41
    9 august 2010 02:46
  •  Thanks for your replies everyone, unfortunately they did not solve my problem. It was not a problem with my Motherboard or whatsoever & nothing required updating.

I got my problem solved myself. As i mentioned that many of my USB Flash drives did not work but i made them work in a pretty weird way. I downloaded a Cruzer Micro driver (since this is what the device manager named my device) by googling it. They had only driver for one version of windows ofcourse! as they claimed & even Microsoft Claims that the later version of windows don't need as they are Plug & Play or whatsoever. I downloaded the Windows 98 Driver and installed it, again, ofcourse it won't install so i used the Windows Compatibility & set it to "Windows 98/ME" & Installed successfully, rebooted and inserted my USB Flash (SanDisk Micro 8gb) & it could not find it on Windows Update as usual & showed FAILED as usual. I went to device manager & chose "Update Manually" & chose the directory "C:\Windows\system32" & it seached & installed the driver automattically, Thank God :)

Similarly, I did for my other USB Flash drives (update manually) as well as the External LG Hard Disk & they magically seemed to install using the driver of Sandisk Cruzer Micro ! Because even before I tried doing the same, it would not find any driver.

• Marcat ca răspuns de shumayal 23 august 2010 06:41
    • Editat de shumayal 23 august 2010 06:42 "Motherboard not updated" was NOT A FACTOR
    23 august 2010 06:41