none
Microsoft Office Keyboard

Întrebare

• My MS Office Keyboard's scroll wheel does not work under Vista Ultimate 32-bit and the latest Intellitype version doesnt list this keyboard anymore.  The last version it was in was 5.0.  Is there a way to get the 5.0 version of Intellitype installed?  If tried running it under XP compatibility, but Vista shuts the program down.  Any help would be appreciated, this is a great keyboard and its only a few years old.
    11 februarie 2007 05:59

Toate mesajele

• Anyone have any ideas?  I've tried the "fix" posted at http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=52371, but it doesn't work and all i get are problems with Vista telling me the program has problems and my power management settings seemed not to work.  Why would MS drop support on a product only a few years old?
    12 februarie 2007 05:00
  • I have the same problem, and I like the office keyboard... I cannot get the excel and word buttons to work and like you said it is not in the latest intellitype software.
    17 februarie 2007 22:28
  • I have the same problem, tried installing the drivers from the suggested files that I thought might be similar to the office keyboard but no luck.  I will be checking back to the update sight every other day to see if they make a release.
    18 februarie 2007 12:04
  • Also tried the same fix... didn't work for me either.  When I go to run the program in the last step I get a DEP error on RUNDLL32.

I hate that MS removed support for this keyboard in IntelliType 6.1.. it's my favorite keyboard on two of my workstations... especially for web browsing, I usually keep one hand on the mouse and the other on the "Back/Forward/Scroll-Wheel" area of the keyboard.

Microsoft.... PLEASE HELP!... Don't abandon this keyboard... there are still people that use it!

Mine is connected via the USB port & the following entries show up in my Device Manager:

Human Interface Devices - Microsft Office Keyboard Consumer Controls(driver ver. 6.0.6000.16386)

Human Interface Devices - Microsft USB Office Keyboard (driver ver. 6.0.6000.16386)

Human Interface Devices - Microsft USB Office Keyboard Hot Keys(driver ver. 6.0.6000.16386)

Keyboards - Microsft USB Office Keyboard (driver ver. 6.0.6000.16386)

Obviously Vista recognizes the keyboard, but we have no way to configure any of the hot-keys.

The only hot-keys that seem to work for me are: Back, Forward, Web/Home, Calculator, Mute, Volume-, Volume+ ; but none of them show any activity on the monitor (the OSD function).

BTW, I have 2 of these keyboards... the first one was a gift from Microsoft for attending a Microsoft Small Business Event a few years ago... I loved it so much, I bought a 2nd one for one of my other PCs... don't really want to have to abandon them both.

18 februarie 2007 13:51
  • I also have this keyboard and would like to see it supported.
    18 februarie 2007 20:09
  • Try this fix, it was posted to another group thread.  It uses Intellitype 5.0.  The instructions show using the French version, but it should work with the English version.  I have not tried it myself yet.

Same pb with Office Keyboard on Vista.
    Now the wheel is working after I forced the installation of IntelliType Pro 5.0 (old version).
    - Unzip ITP5_0Fra.exe (direct execution not possible on Vista. Fra=language)
    - In property of \ITP_0Fra\IType\Setup.exe, set Compatibility mode = Win2000
    - Launch this Setup (not the \ITP_0Fra\Setup.exe !)
    - In C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro, set Compatibility mode = Win2000 for ALL the exe.

Only pb, there is an error message when trying to access to the configuration of the keyboard in Control Panel (RunDll32...). But at least all the keys are working (Cut, Past, Copy, Web... and wheel)
    19 februarie 2007 17:36
  • I tried the English version with succes.
    20 februarie 2007 14:47
  • I still haven't tried this myself, but I will today.  It is just a shame though that we have to go through these hoops to use the Office Keyboard.  I'm sure it wouldn't take a MS programmer long to add this keyboard to the intellitype program.  it seems a shame that MS would drop support completely for a keyboard only a few years old.
    21 februarie 2007 16:08
  • How do you obtain the software?
    21 februarie 2007 22:31
  • Intellitype can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3d0ba152-5d92-4772-a2fd-5ab35c750685&DisplayLang=en

I tried it and it works... yay my word and excell buttons work again. However like previous posts if you go into control panel keyboard and try to get to the config it crashes right away but at any rate the default settings are better than it not working at all.

22 februarie 2007 01:01
  • Have the same problem.. currently use the latest 6.1 software.. have used the "Keyboard Elite for Bluetooth" to get some of the Office Keys working.. However, still have the scroll wheel problem...

MICROSOFT, please, add support for these old keyboards back in!!

Thanks

26 februarie 2007 20:06
  • Mountainhome,

Try the "fix" I posted a few days ago, which forces the installation using WIN2000 compatibility mode.

I tried it and it works.

Mike

P.S. A big thanks to BarCode who posted the fix in another forum.  I know this fix has helped me and a few others regain the use of the scroll wheel again.
    26 februarie 2007 20:37
  • doesn't seem to work for vista 64-bit! 
    4 martie 2007 02:45
  • I tried both the fr and the en version of 5.0 and with both it sure looked like it was installing but then I got the following error: "The feature you are installing is on a network resource that is unavailable. ...enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package ITPro2_2.msi." I "Browsed" and tried all the .msi files in the ITPro versions I have downloaded 2.2, 5.0, and 6.1 and none worked.

I do have one quirk: IntelliType Pro 2.2 shows that it's installed in my Remove window but when I try to remove it it only allows for "Change." When I press the "Change" Button it says "Setup cannot continue because 2.2 is not supported on this OS." I've tried all MS's suggestions, encluding searching for remnants of it in regedit to no avail. It was transferred during the upgrade from XP Pro to Vista Ultimate.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Thank you,

Kerry

4 martie 2007 09:07
  • mhornet,

I just needed to say thank you for this post. I was on my way to buy a new keyboard because I could not get my office keyboard to work, but then I found this post. This keyboard is the best one I have owned and I did not want to replace it. I see a lot of people feel the same as I do, so I wonder why Microsoft does not come out with a new driver for Vista <Ultimate>??? Maybe a way for them to try and sell more hardware...like we didn't spend enough money on the OS.....

Anyway, I thank you.

Cheers.

9 martie 2007 04:32
  • Hi guys,

I tried it as well, but what I download on the link indicated is not a zipped file, it is already an exe file, I can't unzip, so my only option is to run it and it odesn't work. Can you please pleas pelase help me the prospect of not being able to lose my keyboard is so frustrating.

Thanks

Chiareta

19 martie 2007 22:16
  • I have to say I have spent far more time trying to resolve this I should have, having chased  many links and tips to get the scroll wheel working on my Office Keyboard. The result is success - but it is far more complex than some of the posts suggest.

First, you need to install the IntelliType 5.xxx software so it is in your Vista programmes folder. You then have to open the folder and all the root directories within iy,seeking out each and every .exe file . These need to be right clicked to get to properties and then the compatability tab clicked so you can force it to be compatible with Windows XP. Leave just one unchecked and it does not work.

The next job is to set up the driver from within the programmes folder. It took me ages but now my Office Keyboard operates in Vista. I have RSI, so this little job was a deal breaker for me. There is no other keyboard that suits me like this one; I was about to revert back to XP.

Hope it works for you. I still have a dual boot just in case!

James

28 martie 2007 07:03
  • Well, I looked around the web and stumbled upon this thread. Upon reading it I thought, "duh!!" and promptly installed the 5.0 drivers under WinXP(SP2) compatibility mode. Works first time. The problem with the control panel dll still exists (MS reports it as a "known compatibility problem"), but all keys function perfectly.

Just a warning, I think that maybe running the overall setup (the one you download) under compat mode may not work. Instead you'll have to uncompress it indeed. Then go into \ITP5_0Eng\IType and run Setup.exe from there under the compatibility option.

Cheers

Gryzor

29 martie 2007 11:36
  • To whoever idiot @ Microsoft that made the decision to discontinue the support for the office keyboard in Vista, thank you man, really good job, congratulations, and let’s make more and more idiotic decision in the future, one is not enough.

All what I want for a keyboard is a scroll on the left side and a copy and paste buttons there too, and the office keyboard is just perfect for the job.
    I don’t want to scroll and copy and paste using the mouse!

Discontinuing it was a stupid idiotic decision, whoever did it was on drugs I guess, and discontinuing its drivers is another idiotic decision on top of the first one.

There are no office keyboards left, all what is there is multimedia, hey you, the keyboard designers, yes the people on drugs, I am going to work to do work, not watch multimedia!

27 aprilie 2007 11:51
  • Well, certainly quite a reaction Big Smile

But I have to agree, I don't see why on earth they would drop this keyboard from their driver sets!!! Furthermore, I hate it that there are only multimedia keyboards out there - or the newer keyboards with a Zoom In/Zoom Out function in the place of the scroll bar. How useful is that - zoom in and out???? As if you cannot perform it with a scroll bar? *this* is idiotic... and why not let the user decide whether it'd be used for zooming or for scrolling? Darn...

27 aprilie 2007 12:30
  • Sorry for the comment above, maybe too much, but someone should have said that long time ago.

I really don’t understand the zoom buttons on the new keyboards, everyone out there has just implemented the zooooooom, hey people, windows by default does not support zoom, there is nothing there that you can relay zoom, well, there are 2 or 3 products implemented zoom in their own way.

For me zoom means make the applications smaller and larger, show more applications on the desktop, zoom inside every application, and that is not actually there; but scroll is Smile

I went to best buy two weekends in a row looking for a new keyboard for work, instead of that office keyboard that is not supported in vista anymore, and I can’t find a decent one.

All the manufactures out there are selling multimedia keyboards, Microsoft, Logitech, … noname, all of them are either gaming or multimedia.
    What about the businesses?  I am a software developer, I use the Microsoft Office Keyboard and I customized it to work with Visual Studio, and it is doing the job well; well almost but better than nothing.

Now there is nothing for business, man, even office depot is selling multimedia keyboards Smile

Man, who am I kidding, I am going to buy a Multimedia Keyboard and customize it too, zoom out will be compile the code, and zoom in will be debug the code, volume + will be show me the compile errors, and volume – will be show me the warning errors Big Smile and so on; better than waiting for something that will never come.

27 aprilie 2007 13:04
  • did you ever get a resolution to this.  i can't get this keyboard to work either and i love it! 

28 octombrie 2007 23:25
  • No, I have no solution for this problem. MS, it's a shame, we pay many $ or € in my case for this wonderful Vista Ultimate, and then they do not support "their" own built keyboards!!

I'm still monitoring this thread but I am afraid we will never get a solution. I called MS but they also were unable to help me.

-pb

29 octombrie 2007 07:42
  • Yes it works. I have used it on many Vista installations up to now.

As described before, you'll have to download the older version (v5?). Then you'll have to run it in compatibility mode for WinXP (maybe also running it as an admin helps).

Note that when you unzip the drivers you'll find two setup.exe files, one within a sub-folder. I think that's the one you need to run, as the top-most folder setup will not work for some reason!

Hope that helps?

29 octombrie 2007 07:44
  • It worked fine for me as well, using Vista Home Premium 32bit. Perhaps a step-by-step will help others.

1. Download Intellitype Pro 5 from the link given earlier in this thread - here it is again for convenience:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3d0ba152-5d92-4772-a2fd-5ab35c750685&DisplayLang=en

2. Right-click on the downloaded ITP5_0Eng.exe file and select Properties.

3. Select the Compatibilty tab. On that tab, in the 'Compatibility mode' box, place a checkmark in the 'Run this program in compatilbility mode for' box, and select Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

4. Click on OK to close the Properties screen, then double-click on the ITP5_0Eng.exe file to start the installation.

5. In the first screen to appear, DO NOT attempt to change the default location shown (C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro) - if you try, the installation program crashes (or at least, it does for me). Just click on Next.

6. From here, what happens on your system may differ, but this is what happens on mine. The installation program starts and shows files being extracted. it then shows an error message - "Setup cannot continue because this software version is not supported...". Don't panic! Just click on the OK button to close that dialog box.

7. The *real* setup files will now have been installed in C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\. Browse to that directory, then go to the \IType subdirectory. In that sub-directory you will find a file called setup.exe. Change the compatibility mode for this file to Windows XP as well, as we did in step 3 above.

8. Run that setup.exe program. When it completes, you may see yet another dire warning that the program is not compatible. Ignore it, just close the dialog box.

9. That should be it, job done! Try your extra keys and the scroll bar now, see if they work.
    8 ianuarie 2008 17:40
  • I found this file at microsoft download,  My Microsoft office keyboard Model # RT9450

File name is ITP32ENG.exe  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=DF48E271-8973-4F20-8C16-252DFB7D8F9E&displaylang=en  Everything work good. 

IntelliType Pro 6.1 Keyboard Software for Windows

31 ianuarie 2008 03:23
  • Halleluyah!!  I was about to buy a new keyboard but found this thread.  It took a couple tries but my scroll bar and cut, copy, paste buttons now work.  The 6.1 version didn't show the office keyboard so I went with the 5.0 version.  Nice job everybody!!

29 februarie 2008 15:58
  • Stallion - the Microsoft Office Keyboard (RT9450) is not on the list in Intellitype 6.1 installer - which one did you select to get your 9450 working?

I just tried versions 6.1, 5.5 and 5.0 and none of them work with the RT9450 - even with compatibility set to XP SP2.

Any ideas?

Stallion123 wrote:

I found this file at microsoft download,  My Microsoft office keyboard Model # RT9450

File name is ITP32ENG.exe  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=DF48E271-8973-4F20-8C16-252DFB7D8F9E&displaylang=en  Everything work good. 

IntelliType Pro 6.1 Keyboard Software for Windows

2 martie 2008 19:37
  • Stallion123,

The Microsoft Office Keyboard (RT9450) is not on the list in Intellitype 6.1 installer. Which keyboard did you choose so your Microsoft Office Keyboard (RT9450) worked?

Thanks

5 martie 2008 22:25
  •  

Just to update everyone,

I found that you can select "Digital Media Pro" from the IntelliType Pro 6.1 Keyboard Software for Windows, here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=DF48E271-8973-4F20-8C16-252DFB7D8F9E&displaylang=en for the Microsoft Office Keyboard (RT9450) and every function will work except the scroll wheel.

Moose

5 martie 2008 23:16
  • I just found this thread while looking for some sort of 3rd party driver for this.  Anyway, as great as it is to read of ways to have all the buttons and scroll wheel working, one of my favorite features was that I could customize all the buttons.  Now, from what I read, it's just not possible under the different solutions presented here.  But, if someone in XP could confirm something like specific registry entries defining customized actions for these buttons, it'd be great.
    23 martie 2008 02:28
  • search for older version as I had installed v2.2 and it works with XP. I did not try with Vista yet!

14 mai 2008 13:46
  • Hi SimplyUp

Thanks for such an extensive brillinatly composed step by step guide 10/10 . Just thought I would let you know, as I see no one has added anything on this for a while. It works in Vista 32bit yipeeeeeeeeee.

As per many of you I have spend a lot of time looking for a keyboard which has copy paste and scroll, and their is nothing out there.

The only glitch I found with my keyboard paste key is when I used it in Windows Mail it pastes the copied text twice, but I can live with that.

Its a real pity Microsoft failed to provide support for such a great Keyboard.

Thanks

Mark

6 iulie 2008 09:01
  • I also am not willing to give up my Office Keyboard! Running Ultimate 64-bit and everything works except the scroll wheel. (thnx to previous post work around). Has anyone got the wheel to work? I agree with above response that all keyboards MS makes now is for show, not work. Will a backlit, bluetooth, rechargeable keyboard (where's the cup holder?) open up Excel faster? Maybe if MS gets their left thumb out of their a**, they would find just how great and useful the 'cut, copy, paste' buttons are. (those without a Office keyboard, those buttons are on the left side).

I just needed to vent that out.

26 iulie 2008 02:29
  • Ditto, what's with the scroll and office buttons on left side!?  It's the reason why I bought the keyboard in the first place! 

I got my keyboard to work using 32 bit Vista and the older version of Intellitype but not 64 bit because the old intellitype wouldn't run.

3 august 2008 19:48
  • That's great !! It works. this is the best KB I have ever used. is there a reg tweak to change key settings? Web/Home opens IE and i want Firefox. Mail opens IE instead of Office Outlook 2007.
    10 august 2008 15:52
  • If your running Intellitype for 64-bit, you can edit the buttons. Even if it shows your keyboard is something else, the edit buttons work, atleast on mine it does.

Also a curious note, I played with Intellitype 5.0 (32-bit) and there is a file called MSkey.exe that runs a 'test' on keyboard buttons. and guess what.... the scroll wheel is seen and works (I'm running Vista Ultimate 64-bit). So if it works in that application but not else where, my thoughts something needs to be tweaked between version 5.0 and 6.1. I'm working on it in my spare time, if I can compile a working fix so ALL the Office keyboard functions work, I'll post it here.

17 august 2008 14:53
  • Unbelievable!  I would love to use Vista, but this is a show stopper for me.  I have 64-bit Vista set up on a hard drive ready to go, but every time I fire it up, I run into this problem and within 1 day I go back to XP.

I don't understand this at all.  If Microsoft won't support us with a new driver, at least offer us a new functional keyboard.  I would buy it in a second if it would solve my problem.

I just can't believe that we are nearing the end of 2008 with no resolution on this!  This is very frustrating!  How can Microsoft abandon the workers like this?  I understand going after the multimedia crowd, but not 100%, not with absolutely no support for those of use who actually use computers for work.

It is just unbelievable!!!  Is Apple making the same mistake?  Maybe I'll take a look.

16 septembrie 2008 04:27
  • Thank you MASTER...

1. I extracted the ITP5_0Eng in the same directory

2. Forced compatibility to WIN200o in every file setup.exe in this directory and sub directories

3. Run the setup.exe file in IType directory

22 octombrie 2008 04:14
  • FJOR, did you run this on Vista64? I did the same steps as you but it would not work (scroll wheel not recognized).

3 noiembrie 2008 14:22
  • Deftech can you help.

I have just upgraded to Vista 64-bit ( Business ) and tried the instructions given earlier in this post but have had no success. The only keys working on the left of my Office Keyboard are the Back and Forward. The Word, Excel, Calendar and Files buttons also don't work.  ( I have tried 2 methods. 1. changing all the .exe files within the software to XP compatibility and 2. only changing the 2 setup files to XP compatibility as both methods were mentioned )

Can you explain exactly what you did to get your keyboard working with Vista 64-bit.

Previously I used XP 32-bit and had the keyboard working perfectly using driver 5.0.

24 noiembrie 2008 08:26
  • I have got it to work on Vista 64bit (all the keys except for the scroll wheel) but accident.  I installed the latest version ( I think 6.1) for my new keyboard which I bought as a replacement for the office keyboard since it was not working.  It was a MS Ergonomic 4000.  After installing that I plugged in this one and now everything works except the scroll wheel, which I can live without...  But I really did like it....
    13 decembrie 2008 07:50
  •  

For those of you still struggling, as I did for months, in finding a way to make your Office Keyboard to FULLY function in Vista here is a method that will work. It will take you some time, but a little more time spent to have the keyboard and all settings available for use will be worthwhile.

The first thing to do is to download and "Save" the installation for version 5. The link below to the Microsoft website is the first step.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?pocId=&freetext=MICROSOFT%20OFFICE%20KEYBOARD&DisplayLang=en

Scroll down to: IntelliType Pro 5 Keyboard Software for Windows XP  and Windows 2000.

The proper procedure now is to "Save" the Pro 5 to any folder, preferably not on C drive where your OS is located, but if you do then create a new folder to place the download into.

If you are like me you have downloaded or loaded several different versions of IntelliType Pro setup programs. Further, when you attempt through add/remove programs to eliminate the prior version listed you cannot uninstall; maybe delete but that only deletes the surface problem not the registry problem where the program still resides. So you must get rid of all prior installed versions; I would recommend removing a prior installation of Version 5 as well.

To do this open “run” and enter “regedit”. This will lead you to the registry. Yes, if you don’t pay attention you could foul something up but you can always restore to an earlier date and get yourself up and running again. Condense the various categories so only the title of the category shows. Highlight “My Computer” (don’t click it) then open “Edit”. The menu drop down has “Find” so click it. Now type in the blank space “Microsoft Office Keyboard”. The reason we highlighted “My Computer” is that we want the search of the registry to start at the beginning of all available folders and work its way through the entirety of the folder tree.

The search will begin when you click “Find Next”. Delete every occurrence found in this registry search that is associated with any version of Office Keyboard. I had one sub- folder open (can be seen in the left pane the precise folder that is open) that was obviously dedicated to this program, thus I deleted the “folder” not just the contents of the folder. I did not delete any other of the sub-folders that preceded the one that was opened and that numerous entries of Office Keyboard associations and I didn’t want to sit there deleting about two dozen entries one at a time. It was obvious this opened sub-folder was nothing but Office Keyboard related paths and values.

Indeed, this sub-folder was the only location of Office Keyboard within the entire registry.

Next we go to the Control Panel and click “Keyboard”; the Keyboard Properties box will open. Now click the “Hardware” tab; this will open a box that lists “devices” and “Microsoft USB Office Keyboard (IntelliType Pro and version will be shown within the parenthesis)”. A button titled “Properties” should be shown. Click this button. Another box will open entitled “Microsoft USB Office Keyboard” (IntelliType Pro) Properties. Click the “Driver” tab. Go down to the bottom button and click “Uninstall”.

Once the uninstall has finished close out and go back to the Control Panel. This time click on “System” OR as my control panel shows a “Device Manager”; clicking this is a shortcut to where we would go if you click “System” then click “Device Manager” listed to the left under “Tasks”.

In Device manager find “Keyboard” and click it open. “Microsoft USB Office Keyboard (IntelliType Pro)” should be listed. Now double click the name (or you can right click to select “Properties”)and the properties box will open. Once again you will see a “Driver” tab. Again down below is a “Uninstall” button. As before click it to uninstall and when this process is finished close out everything including the Control Panel.

For the next few steps you will not have a keyboard, nor should you need it.

First unplug your keyboard from whatever USB socket it is in.

Second “TURN OFF THE COMPUTER – DO NOT USE RESTART!!” DO NOT RECONNECT THE USB FOR THE KEYBOARD AFTER REBOOTING!! The processes to follow will be accomplished without the keyboard!

Wait about one or more minutes before rebooting. Once you back to your desktop go to where you saved your downloaded Version 5 program installation. The name of your downloaded installation should be: ITP5_OENG.exe – DO NOT LEFT BUTTON CLICK IT!! Right click and a menu opens. Click “Properties”. Click the “Compatibility” tab. Select “Windows XP Service Pack 2”.

Copy the installation execute file and paste directly into the “Program Files” folder (C:\Program Files). Do not open “Program Files” just hover over it so the title is highlighted then past the installation file into “Program Files”.

Now condense the tree so that only your drives and/or partitions are displayed. Re-open C drive and single click “Program Files” so that all files within are displayed only in the right panel. Scroll down to the installation execute file for version 5. Check to make sure the compatibility is still “Windows XP Service Pack 2”. Do not click to install until this compatibility is selected.

Once the compatibility issue is correct click to start the installation. (REMEMBER YOUR KEYBOARD MUST STILL NOT BE RECONNECTED BEFORE THE PROGRAM IS INSTALLED!!) The keyboard was disconnected before you shut down the computer and you do not reconnect the USB until after the following steps. If you have reconnected your keyboard before the installation of the program then you must disconnect, power off and repeat the steps shown above.

During the installation you will get the notorious warnings from Vista. Ignore them and continue to install per the installation instructions. Eventually you will have installed the program including the “Launch” capability that allows you to revise key settings etc. Right now all we want is to complete the installation and nothing more.

Once the installation process has been completed shut down your computer again. Wait for about a minute then boot up.

DO NOT RECONNECT YOUR KEYBOARD!!

When your desktop is back now we are going to get rid of the nuisance that drives everyone to the wall who is trying to run a legitimate program. To exemplify this attempt to open the “Microsoft Keyboard” icon that was placed on your desktop during installation. As you do here comes the Vista warning. Click “Run program” and now you have the problem solved, right? Not yet. The “Keyboard Properties” box will be displayed and when you try to go further you may be able to or not. If you cannot go any further we need to get rid of the nemesis known as DEP which is that feature of Vista that keeps legitimate programs you’ve always used from functioning, such as our keyboard.

What is “DEP”? Simply, Data Execution Prevention. Read about it and the next step we perform may cause fright, but this prevention is what Vista uses to cause us nightmares because we can’t use at all or only partially programs we have been using for years, or in this case our keyboard. DEP works on the premise that anything that tries to function that it is programmed not to allow is treated as a protection against a virus invasion. In other words, any program that attempts to run as it always has in Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 98 and such suddenly are rendered useless in Vista. Thus when your program tries to use the path(s) it has previously Vista thinks it must be a virus because of the settings within DEP, thus Vista shuts the program down and you are stuck either without the program or function at all or your program is operating with only a portion of its capability.

To go around this problem you have two options: Live with the misery, or modify DEP, or eliminate its insanity. DEP will allow selected programs to function if you have “authority” to do so; however after I attempted to list every known Version 5 file for exemption the problem remained. So I eliminated DEP! I have virus protection and all the programs I use are legitimate and if downloaded from the internet, only known and reputable sites are used. So my fear of a virus is nil. I just want my legitimate programs and devices to function properly and fully.

Click Start, then Run. Type in cmd. When the command prompt displays enter:
    bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn

If you get nervous sometime in the days ahead about DEP no longer functioning you can repeat the process described only this time: bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

But of course your programs you like may not function again, or you will not be able to reset your keys on your keyboard unless you go back in to reset DEP as shown.

After having rid ourselves of the dreaded DEP we again shut down the computer and wait for about one minute. While we are waiting you can now reconnect your keyboard to the preferred USB connection. Now reboot and go to your desktop Microsoft Keyboard icon, click it and our DEP friend appears but click “run program” and enter “Keyboard Properties” and set your keys! Or leave them in their default usage setting. All keys will function; both upper and lower use of the function keys; all the buttons will function: Word; Excel; Web/Home; Mail etc. The scroll wheel will work; the application toggle will work. Even the Sleep button!! Which is what you can now do at nights because your favorite Microsoft Office Keyboard is no longer neutered…or spayed by Vista!!

15 decembrie 2008 07:26
  • Deftech deftech deftech, did you get it????????

Did you compile something workable!?!?

On Vista64 Ultimate there's no way to make this wonderful and unique keyboard fully functioning... :(

Too bad

11 ianuarie 2009 16:57
  • I recently setup a system with Windows 7 RC and downloaded the IntelliType Pro 6.1 version for my MS Office Keyboard (about 5 years old), and all buttons are working fine.  Except for the scroll wheel, which I don't use anyway.  Calculator, copy, paste, web, office products, volume, all of it working.  So I'm sure it will also work with Vista. 
    16 mai 2009 23:22
  • I just selected a keyboard in the list (Multimedia I believe) when installing the program that seemed to be the closest to the Office model.  It was not listed in 6.1, but all buttons work except for the scroller and I didn't care about that.
    17 mai 2009 07:10
  • THIS WORKS FINE!

Thanks a lot, I ve used this key-board for many years now and I am very happy to be able to keep on using it on Vista
    10 iunie 2009 09:43
  • Try the new Intellitype 64-bit and use the Digital Media Pro Keyboard
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/DownloadResult.aspx?category=MK&type=Keyboard&name=pk_dmkp&os=Win7_64&lang=en
    25 iulie 2009 10:29
  • Has anyone actually tried this new driver with Vista64? Does it fix all/some of the known the issues including the scroll wheel?
    17 august 2009 20:52
  • I'm using Vista Home Premium 64-bit. The driver Seabridgeman mentioned, with Digital Media Pro Keyboard selected, makes everything work on the MS Office keyboard (Model RT9450) EXCEPT the scroll wheel, which (especially as a lefty) I use constantly. So it's nice to have the other stuff but I REALLY want the scroll wheel. To me, this remains the best keyboard for work stuff.

If there is any other driver or tweak that would get the scroll wheel working for this keyboard in Vista 64, I'd try it. I'd probably even sacrifice button functionality to get the scroll wheel back.  Help?
    24 august 2009 16:52
  • I'm using Vista Home Premium 64-bit. The driver Seabridgeman mentioned, with Digital Media Pro Keyboard selected, makes everything work on the MS Office keyboard (Model RT9450) EXCEPT the scroll wheel, which (especially as a lefty) I use constantly. So it's nice to have the other stuff but I REALLY want the scroll wheel. To me, this remains the best keyboard for work stuff.

If there is any other driver or tweak that would get the scroll wheel working for this keyboard in Vista 64, I'd try it. I'd probably even sacrifice button functionality to get the scroll wheel back.  Help?

Me too, me too!!!!!!

For a developer who is forced to scroll up and down dozens and dozens of code lines, the scroll wheel it's a bless!

I'm close to be desperate... there's no keyboards on the market like this, only useless multimedia (multimedia... who cares!?!?!?!?!?!?!) keyboard.... :(
    13 septembrie 2009 10:15
  • I just installed Intellitype Pro 7.0 32 bit on Windows 7 Ultimate.  Everything on my Office keyboard Model RT9450 works except the scroll wheel.  Fortunately, I use the scroll wheel on my Intellimouse Optical mouse.  I selected the Multimedia keyboard. 

In the event that someone at Microsoft is reading this, please pass on to someone that cares, business people like their Office keyboard.  It doesn't appear that anyone has replaced it with something similiar.  How hard would it be to develop drivers for it? Especially since the multimedia keyboard has everything working except the scroll wheel.  Sounds like a 15 min. tweak for talented developer.
    24 septembrie 2009 23:17
  • I can't tell you guys how much better I feel knowing there are other Office Keyboard devotees out there. For me as a developer, the cut/copy/paste keys on the left side are like a 3rd hand, I simply can't function without them.  Not having the scroll wheel will be a bit annoying, but I do use the mouse wheel more.  It does just boggle my mind how they dropped support for this fantastic keyboard so quickly, and that there is NOTHING comparable out there (I've ordered and returned several others with cut/copy/paste buttons, they all sucked).  Looks like Intellitype 7 will work for me on Windows 7, at least for everything but the wheel.
    7 octombrie 2009 13:17
  • I'm amazed to see others that appreciate this keyboard as well. To put it in a few words, I just wasn't able to find a better keyboard.
    A little input in case anyone wants to customize it any further or wants to get around some limits due to the lack of software continuity.

In this example I have the "Cut" button assigned as Close (it sends out ALT F4 signals, verifiable through IE7Pro's Shortcut Keys, Modify function). Where it does work and closes any other window or program, in IE8, it does absolutely nothing with IntelliType Pro 5.0.

From HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\IntelliType Pro\EventMapping , because the Cut key was modified, is the only one listed and identified as 34. By expanding this folder, its Command is revealed as 309 which is the equivalent of Close/Alt F4. I wish there was a clear list of commands available (201 is Copy, 308 is New, 307 is Open... though, they're available in the IntelliType software sans the code).

In order to customize this button for Internet Explorer, open (in Notepad preferably) Commands.xml (backup file first) located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro and navigate to the following scenario:

<Application UniqueName="IEFrame" AppName="Internet Explorer">
       <C307 Type="1" wParam="0x00113" />
       <C308 Type="1" wParam="0x00100" />
       <C310 Type="1" wParam="0x00104" />
       <C311 Type="1" wParam="0x00102" />
       <C309 Type="5" KeySeq="ctrl w" />
       <C315 Type="1" wParam="0x00443" />
       <C401 Type="0" />
       <C100 Type="1" wParam="0x0a121" />
       <C101 Type="1" wParam="0x0a122" />
       <C102 Type="1" wParam="0x0a220" />
       <C106 Type="1" wParam="0x0a125" />
       <C104 Type="2" lParam="0x05" />
       <C105 Type="2" lParam="0x06" />

From here on it's much easier, once 309 was identified for the Cut Button or Close/Alt F4 command in the registry, it can be 're-modified' just for IE8, and in this case I've used CTRL W which is Close Tab (it closes any open Tab or if single Tab is open, it closes IE8). Please note that also its Type was modified from 1 to 5 which, from looking at other entries, is a must when assigning a direct key or 'KeySeq' and not some other function.
    Restart Type32.exe for this to take effect or restart system.

For the no wheel support, is that with all programs or just some of them?

8 octombrie 2009 17:01
  • Hi all,

Here you have another user in love with this WODERFUL keyboard... following one of the above mentioned process, I managed to use it under Windows Vista for a couple of years... but yesterday I made a terrible mistake: I updated from Vista to Windows 7... as a result, there is NO way you can even try to install any 5.X vers of Intellige Type software. I have spent almost 2 hours trying almost averything you can imagine with no sucess at all... It seems M$ want us to buy a new keyboard every year... same on them...
    23 octombrie 2009 16:31
  • Here you have another user in love with this WODERFUL keyboard... following one of the above mentioned process, I managed to use it under Windows Vista for a couple of years... but yesterday I made a terrible mistake: I updated from Vista to Windows 7... as a result, there is NO way you can even try to install any 5.X vers of Intellige Type software. I have spent almost 2 hours trying almost averything you can imagine with no sucess at all... It seems M$ want us to buy a new keyboard every year... same on them...

I'm with you, as the Cut/Paste/Copy keys are an extension of my left hand. I downloaded the version 7 Intellipro software "for Windows 7" and had to select the keyboard for which I needed the software. Since there Office Keyboard of course was not listed, I tried the Natural Keyboard. Everything works fine except for the scroll wheel, which is okay because I use my mouse scroll wheel anyway. The Cut/Paste/Copy keys work fine, as do the "back/forward" buttons, and the hotkeys to various Microsoft programs (Word/Excel/etc.) at the top of the keyboard. Even the volume key works. Whew!
    25 octombrie 2009 20:14
  • I finally found the version that worked on windows 7 64bits... Here are the links for everyone purpose...

IntelliType Pro 7.0 for 64 bits
    http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?familyid=38BEAB49-1BC0-41D2-82E9-1F55A83754D1&displaylang=en

IntelliType Pro 7.0 for 32 bits
    http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?familyid=037D3424-B217-42E4-BC90-45B4882D8CD2&displaylang=en

BUT, eventhough using 'Keyboard Elite for Bluetooth', the scroll wheel doesn't work.

I'd really like to be able to use the scroll wheel... It worked on IT 5.0, when I was still on XP... Can't we just import that keyboard into 7.0?
    29 octombrie 2009 17:21
  • Here you have another user in love with this WODERFUL keyboard... following one of the above mentioned process, I managed to use it under Windows Vista for a couple of years... but yesterday I made a terrible mistake: I updated from Vista to Windows 7... as a result, there is NO way you can even try to install any 5.X vers of Intellige Type software. I have spent almost 2 hours trying almost averything you can imagine with no sucess at all... It seems M$ want us to buy a new keyboard every year... same on them...

I'm with you, as the Cut/Paste/Copy keys are an extension of my left hand. I downloaded the version 7 Intellipro software "for Windows 7" and had to select the keyboard for which I needed the software. Since there Office Keyboard of course was not listed, I tried the Natural Keyboard. Everything works fine except for the scroll wheel, which is okay because I use my mouse scroll wheel anyway. The Cut/Paste/Copy keys work fine, as do the "back/forward" buttons, and the hotkeys to various Microsoft programs (Word/Excel/etc.) at the top of the keyboard. Even the volume key works. Whew!

Wow! I tried this and worked fine, so thank you very much mate... (the scroll wheel not working is not a real issue for me neither)...

Cheers
    31 octombrie 2009 20:33
  • I'm still convince that there can be a way to make that wheel works... Perhaps adding the Office Keyboard into the XML list...

I sure hope I aint the only one scrolling mostly with the wheel on the side... I kinda got used to that and I'm pretty lost without it! lol
    31 octombrie 2009 21:30
  • I'm still convince that there can be a way to make that wheel works... Perhaps adding the Office Keyboard into the XML list...

I sure hope I aint the only one scrolling mostly with the wheel on the side... I kinda got used to that and I'm pretty lost without it! lol

Best KB ever made.  Even bought one from eBay because scroll on left is awesome and you can spin it.  Used IntelliType Pro 7.0 64-bit for Windows 7 and picked Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard (because it has a left scroll).  Everything works except for scroll :(  Software thinks the wireless batteries are in great shape.  Have spent hours trying to solve this, so if someone comes up with a fix or even how to reassign some of the keys it would be very much appreciated - [edit] reading backwards it appears GheorgheB has figured out remapping - Thanks.
    15 noiembrie 2009 05:42
  • Hi, PolluxAKS4 - I tried your method, but ran into a couple of problems:

1. When I tried deleting the related files in the registry, it was not obvious to me at all which were the ones to go. (You wrote, "It was obvious this opened sub-folder was nothing but Office Keyboard related paths and values. ") Also, the search reveals only one instance of Microsoft Office Keyboard files at a time; each time I do a fresh search a new file is revealed! How can a mere mortal tell for sure which files or folders to delete?

2. Eliminating the DEP is impossible the way you order the procedure: how can one "enter: bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn " if one hasn't yet reconnected the keyboard?!

BTW, I should also warn anyone who attempts Polluxaks4's procedure to temporarily disable your welcome password right at the beginning, or else when you disconnect your keyboard and restart the computer you will not be able to get back to your desktop!

Anyway, in short, I would appreciate someone telling how to fully and completely uninstall the ITP5_OENG.exe software. Actually, I have the ITP5_OEfr.exe installed, because that was the thing that worked for Vista. When I uninstall from Device Manager and then delete everything from C;/Program Files I still find Microsoft Keyboard in the Control Panel/Uninstall Programs area, with only the "change" option available, and if I click on that I quickly find that it has NOT been deleted from the computer because there it is, reinstalling the driver!

Help would be much appreciated from anyone because I am sadly replacing my beloved old Office Keyboard. Not only is it a shame to use the keyboar without the scroll, but I also have a sneaking suspicion the device/software is interfering with the SLEEP and WAKE functions of WIndows 7. Anyone else have this experience?

Thanks,

DR
    16 noiembrie 2009 21:43
  • Hi all. I have Windows 7 now, and still my Mircosoft Office Keyboard. The trick of my previous post for Windows Vista doesn't work under Windows 7. So i found something new to have the keyboard working completely, scroll wheel included . [Edit] keyboard is plugged on PS/2 with adaptator, it doesn't work if plugged directly on USB.

1. Install Mircosoft IntelliType Pro 7 (last version), select Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard or Digital Media Pro. All special keys should work, appart the scroll wheel.

2. Install AutoHotkey from http://www.autohotkey.com/

3. Write this script for AutoHotkey:

; --------------------------------------------------
    ; Lines that start with a ; semicolon are comments.
    ; Microsoft Office Keyboard RT9450: Making the ScrollWheel work under Windows 7. ScrollUp/Down Normal, Fast, Faster, Fastest

sc10B Up::Send {WheelDown}
    sc111 Up::Send {WheelDown 3}
    sc112 Up::Send {WheelDown 5}
    sc11F Up::Send {WheelDown 7}
    sc10B Down::Send {WheelUp}
    sc111 Down::Send {WheelUp 3}
    sc112 Down::Send {WheelUp 5}
    sc11F Down::Send {WheelUp 7}

Return

4. Make this script start at Windows startup with a shortcut in Start menu.

This is working fine for me. The wheel sends 4 special codes depending of the speed you turn it, simulating a key up or down press. These codes are redirected to WheelUp/Down by AutoHotkey, with the number of steps. You can tweak the number following WheelUp or WheelDown.
    • Editat de BarCode 01 2 decembrie 2009 15:27
    • Propus ca răspuns de Big Al11 4 decembrie 2009 17:44
    29 noiembrie 2009 20:10
  • Hi Barcode 01

Can you explain in more detail how you got the script to work.  I have tested out a sample script with autohotkey and it works fine.   But I can't get it to work the scroll wheel.  

I had a look at the View Key history and nothing is coming up for the scroll wheel - I can see the code for all the other keys.  It is like that it does not exist.  
       I sure would like to get it to work. 
    29 noiembrie 2009 23:13
  • I am using the keyboard plugged on PS/2 with the adaptor. Not sure if it works if plugged on USB directly.
    I'm using it with the USB plugged directly, and the keyboard side scrolling doesn't appears in the key history... nor does the mouse wheel activity.
    That may be a clue that something isn't working quite right but I'm not used in working with Keyboard Macro software.
    30 noiembrie 2009 14:24
  • You have to plug the keyboard on round PS/2 , using the USB to PS/2 adaptator. Then reboot the PC once for it recognizes PS/2 device. The wheel will work.
    1 decembrie 2009 23:29
  • Barcode: You are a STAR!!

This was driving me crazy - the only (poor) solution I found was to place a second mouse with wheel to the left of the keyboard.

Incidentally: a small extra tweak I just tried makes CTRL - scroll work again as a shortcut to zoom windows in and out (otherwise slow CTRL-scroll does nothing and fast tries to load a photo editor)

Just add these extra lines to the script:

; Makes CTRL-scroll to zoom in out work

^sc10B Up::Send ^{WheelDown}
    ^sc111 Up::Send ^{WheelDown 3}
    ^sc112 Up::Send ^{WheelDown 5}
    ^sc11F Up::Send ^{WheelDown 7}
    ^sc10B Down::Send ^{WheelUp}
    ^sc111 Down::Send ^{WheelUp 3}
    ^sc112 Down::Send ^{WheelUp 5}
    ^sc11F Down::Send ^{WheelUp 7}

Return

I wonder if ALT -scroll could be programmed to work the Windows 7 magnifier? One step at a time...

A great weekend to all Office keyboarders!

4 decembrie 2009 17:19
  • Thanks Barcode 01 - your solution worked perfectly wiht the PS/2 adaptor.
     Since the wheel movement does not show up as a keyboard action in the USB format, that could be possibly why Microsoft did not include it in the last couple of  drivers. 
    5 decembrie 2009 13:11
  • Thanks Barcode 01 - your solution worked perfectly wiht the PS/2 adaptor.
     Since the wheel movement does not show up as a keyboard action in the USB format, that could be possibly why Microsoft did not include it in the last couple of  drivers. 

It really seems like it. I'm gonna see if I can find myself a "Keyboard USB -> PS/2" adaptor in my boxes of computer junk... I only found a "mouse (green one)" so far, and I'm too lazy to test it out, although I'm pretty sure that would do the job... Oh what am I thinking, I'll try with it before searching in my boxes, will take less time! lol

Thanks for the advice.

EDIT: Yup, when plugging the keyboard through a PS/2 Adaptor, the scrolling is recognize. After reactivating the Hotkeys script, the scrolling now works flawlessly (up to now that is, who knows what will happen!). I guess that when plugged into USB it actually didn't recognize the scroll code...

So a big THANKS for the workaround/solution (If you're just reading this, the solution is a few post higher... )!
    6 decembrie 2009 01:33
  • I see this as a temporary solution though. Motherboards will eventually abolish PS/2 ports. A true solution would be making the scrolling wheel to work under USB.

I do not see why Microsoft does not support this keyboard as after all existing drivers are near identical in operation. Had they had scroll support with it (and have it listed in the application), this thread would probably not exist.
    11 ianuarie 2010 20:59
  • I see this as a temporary solution though. Motherboards will eventually abolish PS/2 ports. A true solution would be making the scrolling wheel to work under USB.

I do not see why Microsoft does not support this keyboard as after all existing drivers are near identical in operation. Had they had scroll support with it (and have it listed in the application), this thread would probably not exist.

Unfortunately, my computer does not have a PS/2 port and if I install one on a card, the computer still recognizes the keyboard as USB.  Any thoughts?
    13 ianuarie 2010 01:51
  • Hi, first of all, BarCode, thanks for your efforts, the Hotkey + PS2 combo almost did it. The wheel worked perfectly (with the BigAl11 correction, thanks to you, too).

The problem with this solution is it breaks other buttons (like the Word and Excel Button, that appear in MStype as Unknown keyboard input).

This problem is starting to look impossible. The wheel doesn't send any signal via USB (at least, MStype doesn't detect anything). If you use the PS/2 connection, some buttons stop working (at least, MStype detects them pressed). One really odd thing it happened is some buttons (like Office in Web, read as My Music by MStype), didn't work on Windows, but did work if you had the Intellitype config utility running and it was the active window.

I can only think in a solution. Would it be possible to find a button number layout for this keyboard. That way, maybe we could force the failing buttons to work via registry. We would need to add a new key with the number of the button (i.e. 67 for the file button) and add a command with an hex code that we could find changing one button via the config program.

Ex:

We change the Files button (appears in the config utility as Messenger button in most keyboards) to open Word. It appears a new key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\IntelliType Pro\EventMapping, named "67". That's the id of the button. If we open it, we see a Command of type REG_DWORD with the value 03e8 (1000). If we knew the numer associated to the word button we'd just need to add a new registry key with that number and the Command 03e8 to that key.

That way, with the PS/2 connection, we could use the scroll bar and the disabled buttons.

The problem is to discover the numbers associated to each button...

EDIT: The association Files button to Messenger in the config utility is when connected via PS/2. If we connect the keyboard via USB, the button File is associated correctly to Files.

PS: Damn Microsoft! If you didn't wanted to support this keyboard to sell others, you could at least sell one nearly as good as this as working keyboard. Too many options for multmedia and gaming and none for working...
    28 februarie 2010 23:34
  • Hi Rechicero,

Actually all the buttons works under Barcode solution.  I think you need to try starting fresh.  I think the only problem some people are facing is when their PC/laptop does not have PS2 connection.

1 martie 2010 09:47
  • Hi darshbal,

Thanks for the info...

Have you test it in Windows 7 or Vista? For me, it works for Vista Ultimate 64, but in a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 the word and excel buttons doesn't work. Both configured as Keyboard Elite for Bluetooth.

Could it be the version of Intellitype? I've installed version 7.10.344.0 (from the name of the downloadable exe). The driver version from properties of the device is 6.1.7600.16385.

If anybody has the wheel and all buttons (specially word and excel) working in Windows 7 64, it'd be great to know their config...

1 martie 2010 14:22
  • hi Rechircero,

I have Win 7 64bit and it works fine.  I have it installed as Digital Media Keyboard instead of Elite - maybe that may make a difference.  With regard to intellitype I am sure it is version 7 that I have installed.  And it is the same driver version number as yours. 
    1 martie 2010 21:31
  • My AHK script below has some features that some Office Keyboard users may find useful:
       o Handles all Scrollwheel variations of Ctrl, Alt, Shift.
       o Handles the My Pictures scan code which is sometimes generated by the Scrollwheel (which results in an error about installing Photo Editing software)
       o Enables Functions keys without pressing F Lock (and handles all variations of Ctrl. Alt, Shift).
       o Contain entries for all of the top row keys (Word, Excel, etc.).
       o Documents (to the best of my knowledge) the default uses of the Windows Logo key.
       o Contains the #Persistent directive (In case you wondered why your script worked fine when you reloaded it, but not when it was loaded from the Startup folder.).

The script is a work in process and some actions are customized for my applications.  So it is offered as a base for others to customize to their needs.

I presently have the same script running on 4 PC's, 3 of which are XP 32-bit and one Win7 64-bit... and with different applications installed.  Which is why some of the script actions check for the presence of certain files.  Tip: For consistency, I have the same script running on a couple laptops (which do not normally have the Office Keyboard attached).

It seems like the details of how to configure things has been resolved above, but I'll recap my configurations:
       o Office Keyboard, when present, plugged into PS2 port.
       o Intellitype Pro 7.10.344.0 installed on XP 32-bit and Win7 64-bit.  The default Microsoft process led me to an earlier version for x86, so use the hyperlink or Google it. As recommended above, I chose the Digital Media Pro Keyboard during the install.
       o Removed prior work arounds for x86 machines.  This included registry changes to remap the function key scancodes (1gflockelim) and using the Intellitype Pro Key Settings to execute SendKeys scripts (e.g., WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell").SendKeys ("{F1}");)  As I recall, the SendKeys solution for the functions keys works for both USB and PS2 connections, whereas the registry scancode remapping only worked for the PS2 port.  I have not yet done any testing using the current script when the Office Keyboard is connected via a USB port.

Thanks to all who have contributed to getting this to work and thanks to the AHK folks.  I have five on these keyboards, one of which is a new-in-box spare.

Ed

; ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; Microsoft Office Keyboard RT9450: For XP and Win7; 32-bit and 64-bit

#Persistent		; Keeps a script permanently running (that is, until the user closes it or ExitApp is encountered).
    #SingleInstance force	; Skips the dialog box and replaces the old instance of this script automatically
    #NoEnv			; Recommended. Undefined variables (%xxxx%) do not cause a search of Environment variables.

pathMicrosoftOffice 	= %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office12\	
    pathOpenOffice 		= %ProgramFiles%\OpenOffice.org 3\program\
    pathAdobeAcrobat 	= %ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
    pathAdobeAfterEffects	= %ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS4\Support Files\AfterFX.exe
    pathAdobeBridge		= %ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CS4\Bridge.exe
    pathAdobeEncore		= %ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS4\Adobe Encore.exe
    pathAdobeIllustrator	= %ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS4\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Illustrator.exe
    pathAdobePhotoshop7	= %ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Photoshop.exe
    pathAdobePhotoshop32	= %ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Photoshop.exe
    pathAdobePhotoshop64	= C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe
    pathAdobePremiere	= %ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
    pathFirefox		= %ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    pathiTunes		= %ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe
    ; ============= sound editing ==============
    pathAdobeSoundbooth	= %ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Adobe Soundbooth CS4\Adobe Soundbooth CS4.exe
    pathSonySoundforge	= %ProgramFiles%\Sony\Sound Forge 8.0\Forge80.exe

; =========== Microsoft Office Keyboard Scrollwheel: ScrollUp/Down Normal, Fast, Faster, Fastest ================
    ; Alt !
    !sc10B Up::Send !{WheelDown}
    !sc111 Up::Send !{WheelDown 3}
    !sc112 Up::Send !{WheelDown 5}
    !sc11F Up::Send !{WheelDown 7}
    !sc10B Down::Send !{WheelUp}
    !sc111 Down::Send !{WheelUp 3}
    !sc112 Down::Send !{WheelUp 5}
    !sc11F Down::Send !{WheelUp 7}
    ; Ctrl ^
    ; Shift +
    +sc10B Up::Send +{WheelDown}
    +sc111 Up::Send +{WheelDown 3}
    +sc112 Up::Send +{WheelDown 5}
    +sc11F Up::Send +{WheelDown 7}
    +sc10B Down::Send +{WheelUp}
    +sc111 Down::Send +{WheelUp 3}
    +sc112 Down::Send +{WheelUp 5}
    +sc11F Down::Send +{WheelUp 7}
    ; Alt+Ctrl !^
    !^sc10B Up::Send !^{WheelDown}
    !^sc111 Up::Send !^{WheelDown 3}
    !^sc112 Up::Send !^{WheelDown 5}
    !^sc11F Up::Send !^{WheelDown 7}
    !^sc10B Down::Send !^{WheelUp}
    !^sc111 Down::Send !^{WheelUp 3}
    !^sc112 Down::Send !^{WheelUp 5}
    !^sc11F Down::Send !^{WheelUp 7}
    ; Alt+Shift !+
    !+sc10B Up::Send !+{WheelDown}
    !+sc111 Up::Send !+{WheelDown 3}
    !+sc112 Up::Send !+{WheelDown 5}
    !+sc11F Up::Send !+{WheelDown 7}
    !+sc10B Down::Send !+{WheelUp}
    !+sc111 Down::Send !+{WheelUp 3}
    !+sc112 Down::Send !+{WheelUp 5}
    !+sc11F Down::Send !+{WheelUp 7}
    ; Ctrl+Shift ^+
    ^+sc10B Up::Send ^+{WheelDown}
    ^+sc111 Up::Send ^+{WheelDown 3}
    ^+sc112 Up::Send ^+{WheelDown 5}
    ^+sc11F Up::Send ^+{WheelDown 7}
    ^+sc10B Down::Send ^+{WheelUp}
    ^+sc111 Down::Send ^+{WheelUp 3}
    ^+sc112 Down::Send ^+{WheelUp 5}
    ^+sc11F Down::Send ^+{WheelUp 7}
    ; Alt+Ctrl+Shift !^+
    !^+sc10B Up::Send !^+{WheelDown}
    !^+sc111 Up::Send !^+{WheelDown 3}
    !^+sc112 Up::Send !^+{WheelDown 5}
    !^+sc11F Up::Send !^+{WheelDown 7}
    !^+sc10B Down::Send !^+{WheelUp}
    !^+sc111 Down::Send !^+{WheelUp 3}
    !^+sc112 Down::Send !^+{WheelUp 5}
    !^+sc11F Down::Send !^+{WheelUp 7}

; =================== Compensate for incorrectly-generated My Pictures scan code ==================
    sc164 Down::			; My Pictures > no action (suppress error re installing Photo Editing software which sometimes occurs when using scrollwheel)
    ; Alt !
    !sc164 Down::
    ; Ctrl ^
    ^sc164 Down::
    ; Shift +
    +sc164 Down::
    ; Alt+Ctrl !^
    !^sc164 Down::
    ; Alt+Shift !+
    !+sc164 Down::
    ; Ctrl+Shift ^+
    ^+sc164 Down::
    ; Alt+Ctrl+Shift !^+
    !^+sc164 Down::
    ; END END END =========== Microsoft Office Keyboard Scrollwheel ===============

; =============== Make Microsoft Office Keyboard Function Keys the default without having to press F Lock ========================
    sc13b Down::Send {F1}			; Help > F1
    sc13c Down::Send {F2}			; Office Home > F2
    sc13d Down::Send {F3}			; Task Pane > F3
    sc13e Down::Send {F4}			; New > F4
    sc13f Down::Send {F5}			; Open > F4
    sc140 Down::Send {F6}			; Close > F6
    sc141 Down::Send {F7}			; Reply > F7
    sc142 Down::Send {F8}			; Fwd > F8
    sc143 Down::Send {F9}			; Send > F9
    sc123 Down::Send {F10}			; Spell > F10
    sc157 Down::Send {F11}			; Save > F11
    sc158 Down::Send {F12}			; Print > F12
    ; Alt !
    !sc13b Down::Send !{F1}			; Help > F1
    !sc13c Down::Send !{F2}			; Office Home > F2
    !sc13d Down::Send !{F3}			; Task Pane > F3
    !sc13e Down::Send !{F4}			; New > F4
    !sc13f Down::Send !{F5}			; Open > F4
    !sc140 Down::Send !{F6}			; Close > F6
    !sc141 Down::Send !{F7}			; Reply > F7
    !sc142 Down::Send !{F8}			; Fwd > F8
    !sc143 Down::Send !{F9}			; Send > F9
    !sc123 Down::Send !{F10}		; Spell > F10
    !sc157 Down::Send !{F11}		; Save > F11
    !sc158 Down::Send !{F12}		; Print > F12
    ; Ctrl ^
    ^sc13b Down::Send ^{F1}			; Help > F1
    ^sc13c Down::Send ^{F2}			; Office Home > F2
    ^sc13d Down::Send ^{F3}			; Task Pane > F3
    ^sc13e Down::Send ^{F4}			; New > F4
    ^sc13f Down::Send ^{F5}			; Open > F4
    ^sc140 Down::Send ^{F6}			; Close > F6
    ^sc141 Down::Send ^{F7}			; Reply > F7
    ^sc142 Down::Send ^{F8}			; Fwd > F8
    ^sc143 Down::Send ^{F9}			; Send > F9
    ^sc123 Down::Send ^{F10}		; Spell > F10
    ^sc157 Down::Send ^{F11}		; Save > F11
    ^sc158 Down::Send ^{F12}		; Print > F12
    ; Shift +
    +sc13b Down::Send +{F1}			; Help > F1
    +sc13c Down::Send +{F2}			; Office Home > F2
    +sc13d Down::Send +{F3}			; Task Pane > F3
    +sc13e Down::Send +{F4}			; New > F4
    +sc13f Down::Send +{F5}			; Open > F4
    +sc140 Down::Send +{F6}			; Close > F6
    +sc141 Down::Send +{F7}			; Reply > F7
    +sc142 Down::Send +{F8}			; Fwd > F8
    +sc143 Down::Send +{F9}			; Send > F9
    +sc123 Down::Send +{F10}		; Spell > F10
    +sc157 Down::Send +{F11}		; Save > F11
    +sc158 Down::Send +{F12}		; Print > F12
    ; Alt+Ctrl !^
    !^sc13b Down::Send !^{F1}		; Help > F1
    !^sc13c Down::Send !^{F2}		; Office Home > F2
    !^sc13d Down::Send !^{F3}		; Task Pane > F3
    !^sc13e Down::Send !^{F4}		; New > F4
    !^sc13f Down::Send !^{F5}		; Open > F4
    !^sc140 Down::Send !^{F6}		; Close > F6
    !^sc141 Down::Send !^{F7}		; Reply > F7
    !^sc142 Down::Send !^{F8}		; Fwd > F8
    !^sc143 Down::Send !^{F9}		; Send > F9
    !^sc123 Down::Send !^{F10}		; Spell > F10
    !^sc157 Down::Send !^{F11}		; Save > F11
    !^sc158 Down::Send !^{F12}		; Print > F12
    ; Alt+Shift !+
    !+sc13b Down::Send !+{F1}		; Help > F1
    !+sc13c Down::Send !+{F2}		; Office Home > F2
    !+sc13d Down::Send !+{F3}		; Task Pane > F3
    !+sc13e Down::Send !+{F4}		; New > F4
    !+sc13f Down::Send !+{F5}		; Open > F4
    !+sc140 Down::Send !+{F6}		; Close > F6
    !+sc141 Down::Send !+{F7}		; Reply > F7
    !+sc142 Down::Send !+{F8}		; Fwd > F8
    !+sc143 Down::Send !+{F9}		; Send > F9
    !+sc123 Down::Send !+{F10}		; Spell > F10
    !+sc157 Down::Send !+{F11}		; Save > F11
    !+sc158 Down::Send !+{F12}		; Print > F12
    ; Ctrl+Shift ^+
    ^+sc13b Down::Send ^+{F1}		; Help > F1
    ^+sc13c Down::Send ^+{F2}		; Office Home > F2
    ^+sc13d Down::Send ^+{F3}		; Task Pane > F3
    ^+sc13e Down::Send ^+{F4}		; New > F4
    ^+sc13f Down::Send ^+{F5}		; Open > F4
    ^+sc140 Down::Send ^+{F6}		; Close > F6
    ^+sc141 Down::Send ^+{F7}		; Reply > F7
    ^+sc142 Down::Send ^+{F8}		; Fwd > F8
    ^+sc143 Down::Send ^+{F9}		; Send > F9
    ^+sc123 Down::Send ^+{F10}		; Spell > F10
    ^+sc157 Down::Send ^+{F11}		; Save > F11
    ^+sc158 Down::Send ^+{F12}		; Print > F12
    ; Alt+Ctrl+Shift !^+
    !^+sc13b Down::Send !^+{F1}		; Help > F1
    !^+sc13c Down::Send !^+{F2}		; Office Home > F2
    !^+sc13d Down::Send !^+{F3}		; Task Pane > F3
    !^+sc13e Down::Send !^+{F4}		; New > F4
    !^+sc13f Down::Send !^+{F5}		; Open > F4
    !^+sc140 Down::Send !^+{F6}		; Close > F6
    !^+sc141 Down::Send !^+{F7}		; Reply > F7
    !^+sc142 Down::Send !^+{F8}		; Fwd > F8
    !^+sc143 Down::Send !^+{F9}		; Send > F9
    !^+sc123 Down::Send !^+{F10}		; Spell > F10
    !^+sc157 Down::Send !^+{F11}		; Save > F11
    !^+sc158 Down::Send !^+{F12}		; Print > F12
    ; END END END =============== Microsoft Office Keyboard Function Keys ========================

; ============== Microsoft Office Keyboard Top Row keys ===========================
    sc113 Down::RunOffice("winword.exe", "swriter.exe")			; Word button
    sc114 Down::RunOffice("Excel.exe", "scalc.exe")				; Excel button
    ;sc132 Down::Run iExplore						; Web/Home button
    sc132 Down::Run %pathFirefox%						; Web/Home button
    sc16c Down::Run %pathMicrosoftOffice%Outlook.exe /select outlook:inbox		; Mail button
    sc115 Down::Run %pathMicrosoftOffice%Outlook.exe /select outlook:calendar	; Calendar button
    sc105 Down::Run Explorer						; Files button
    sc121 Down::Run Calc							; Calculator button
    ;sc120 Down::								; Mute button
    ;sc12e Down::								; Volume - button
    ;sc130 Down::								; Volume + button
    ;sc116 Down::								; Log Off button -- nullify
    ;sc15f Down::								; Sleep button
    ; Alt !
    ; Ctrl ^
    ; Shift +
    ; Alt+Ctrl !^
    ; Alt+Shift !+
    ; Ctrl+Shift ^+
    ; Alt+Ctrl+Shift !^+
    ; END END END ============== Microsoft Office Keyboard Top Row keys ===========================

; ==================== Windows Logo Key =====================
    #a::Run %pathAdobeAcrobat%						; Acrobat Pro
    #b::Run %pathAdobeBridge%						; Adobe Bridge
    #c::Run %pathMicrosoftOffice%Outlook.exe /select outlook:calendar	; Outlook Calendar
    ;#d defaults to Show Desktop
    ;#e defaults to Windows Explorer
    ;#f
    ;#g defaults (Win7) to View Desktop Gadgets
    ;#h
    ;#i::Run iexplore							; Internet Explorer
    #i::Run %pathFirefox%							; Firefox
    #j::Run devmgmt.msc							; Windows Device Manager
    #k::Run control								; Control Panel
    ;#l defaults to lock workstation
    #m::Run diskmgmt.msc							; Windows Disk Managment
    ;#n defaults to New OneNote Sidenote
    #o::Run %pathMicrosoftOffice%Outlook.exe /select outlook:inbox		; Outlook Inbox
    ;#p defaults (Win7) to multi-display config (hold WinKey and repeatedly pressing P to cycle through alternatives
    #q::RunPhotoshop()							; Adobe Photoshop (64-bit if available; otherwise, 32-bit)
    ;#r defaults to Run...
    ;#s defaults to OneNote Create Screen Clipping
    ;#t ***OVERRIDDEN*** defaults (Win7) to dock keyboard mode (use arrow keys)
    #t::Run %pathiTunes%							; iTunes
    ;#u defaults (Win7) to Control Panel > Ease of Access center
    ;#v
    #w::RunOffice("winword.exe", "swriter.exe")				; Word processing
    ;#x ***OVERRIDDEN*** defaults (WIN7) to laptop settings control panel  
    #x::RunOffice("Excel.exe", "scalc.exe")			 		; Spreadsheet
    ;#x
    ;#y
    ;#z
    ; Alt !
    ; Ctrl ^
    ; Shift +
    #+a::Run %pathAdobeAfterEffects%
    #+b::Run %pathAdobeBridge%
    #+e::Run %pathAdobeEncore%
    #+i::Run %pathAdobeIllustrator%
    ;#+n defaults to Open OneNote
    #+p::Run %pathAdobePremiere%
    #+q::RunPhotoshop()
    #+s::									; sound editing
    	IfExist	%pathAdobeSoundbooth%
    		Run %pathAdobeSoundbooth%
    	else	Run %pathSonySoundforge%
    	Return
    ; Alt+Ctrl !^
    ; Alt+Shift !+
    ; Ctrl+Shift ^+
    ; Alt+Ctrl+Shift !^+
    ; END END END ==================== Windows Logo Key =====================

; ======================= Function RunOffice ===================
    ; Run the Microsoft program if available; otherwise run corresponding OpenOffice program
    RunOffice(MicrosoftEXE, OpenOfficeEXE)
    {
    	global pathMicrosoftOffice
    	global pathOpenOffice
    	IfExist	%pathMicrosoftOffice%%MicrosoftEXE%
    		Run %pathMicrosoftOffice%%MicrosoftEXE%
    	else	Run %pathOpenOffice%%OpenOfficeEXE%
    	return
    }

; ====================== Function RunPhotoshop =================
    RunPhotoshop()
    {
    	global 	pathAdobePhotoshop7
    	global	pathAdobePhotoshop32
    	global	pathAdobePhotoshop64
    	IfExist	%pathAdobePhotoshop64%
    		Run %pathAdobePhotoshop64%
    	else	IfExist	%pathAdobePhotoshop32%
    			Run %pathAdobePhotoshop32%
    		else	Run %pathAdobePhotoshop7%
    	return
    }

; ======================= storage area ==================
    ;listVars
    ;Pause
    ; Alt !
    ; Ctrl ^
    ; Shift +
    ; Alt+Ctrl !^
    ; Alt+Shift !+
    ; Ctrl+Shift ^+
    ; Alt+Ctrl+Shift !^+
    ; END END END ======================= storage area ==================

3 martie 2010 04:18
  • Very many thanks to all who contributed to this thread.  I was about to go back to Vista to allow me to use my beloved Office Keyboard with the scroll wheel and copy, cut and paste.  (Though if MS had thought about egonomics rather than 'cool' design they would have made it more difficult to hit the cut key rather than the copy key by mistake - for example by not putting the keys in a row.

I got a configuration to work, but I got a lot of irreducible results, especially that the scroll keys script seemed to stop the cut'n'copy'n'paste keys working.

So eventually I was driven to write a 'find the code' script with

#KeyHistory 20 ; monitor 20 keyboard events.

ListVars
    Pause

and extract the keys, and demo thus:

SC117:: ; Cut key.
    MsgBox, MS Office cut key was pressed.
    return
    SC118:: ; copy key.

MsgBox, MS Office copy key was pressed.
    return
    SC10A:: ; paste key.

MsgBox, MS Office paste key was pressed.
    return

Adding the mapping to the above script made them work:

;  =========== Microsoft Office Keyboard special keys on left.

sc117 Down::Send ^{x} ; cut key
    sc118 Down::Send ^{c} ; copy key
    sc10A Down::Send ^{v} ; paste key

I may play with some of the others, but these are the vital keys.

(Why nobody else seems to miss these keys, I am baffled.)

Which raises the question - it is worth installing the intellipro software at all?

Would it be easier to just use a script with ones own mapping for all the keys one needs?

And can any gurus explain which items are stored in the registry, and when and how?

Does uninstalling the Intelli keyboard software remove the registry entries?

Thanks  Paul

Paul Bristow
    15 aprilie 2010 13:18
  • PLEASE MICROSOFT...you built the BEST KEYBOARD EVER then abandoned it! I have severe arthritis and other hand problems and this is the ONLY keyboard that allows me to EARN MY LIVING , which is all at my computer. PLEASE either make an updated version of this keyboard or support it correctly with drivers, etc. NO OTHER COMPANY has stepped up to create a user-friendly keyboard, which strikes me as INSANE! I can't live without cut, copy, paste and back/forward buttons. I've avoided Vista because of this. Now I'm going to be forced to use Win7 soon, but the keyboard should just work! ____, I'd pay a FEE every year just to keep it working, if it's $ you want! JUST FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    24 mai 2010 18:25
  • No need to install the intellipro software

Just use autohotkey

Use the autohotkey example script below to get all the special keys working

If you want to change F-lock behavior see the registry entry below the script

; Microsoft Office Keyboard RT9450

; Making the ScrollWheel work under Windows 7. ScrollUp/Down Normal, Fast, Faster, Fastest

; Special keys on left
    sc117 Down::Send ^{x} ; cut key
    sc118 Down::Send ^{c} ; copy key
    sc10A Down::Send ^{v} ; paste key

; Top Row keys
    sc113 Down::Run %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office12\winword.exe    ; Word button
    sc114 Down::Run %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office12\excel.exe    ; Excel button
    sc115 Down::Run %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office12\Outlook.exe /select outlook:calendar    ; Calendar button
    sc105 Down::Run Explorer         ; Files button

; Function keys
    sc13b Down::Send {F1}
    sc13c Down::Run office.microsoft.com
    sc13d Down::Send {F6}   ; Task Pane
    sc13e Down::Send ^{n}   ; New
    sc13f Down::Send ^{o}   ; Open
    sc140 Down::Send ^{F4}   ; Close
    sc141 Down::Send ^{r}   ; Reply
    sc142 Down::Send ^{f}   ; Fwd
    sc143 Down::Send {F9}   ; Send
    sc123 Down::Send {F7}   ; Spell
    sc157 Down::Send ^{s}   ; Save
    sc158 Down::Send ^{p}   ; Print

; Application keys
    sc109::
    {
    Send, {LAlt down}{LShift down}{Tab}
    sleep 10
    Send, {LAlt up}{LShift up}
    Return
    }     ; Left applicationkey
    sc11E::
    {
    Send, {LAlt down}{Tab}
    sleep 10
    Send, {LAlt up}
    Return
    }     ; Right applicationkey

return

Change the F-lock key

This registry entry  will essentially flip the F Lock state of your Office Keyboard.  Therefore, when F Lock is OFF (not lit), the function keys will function like normal (i.e. F1 will be F1, F2 will be F2 and so on).  When F Lock is ON (lit), the function keys will function as "enhanced" function keys (i.e. F1 will be Help, F2 will be Office Home, F3 will be Task Pane and so on).

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]
    "Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,19,00,00,00,3b,00,3b,e0,3c,00,3c,e0,\
      3d,00,3d,e0,3e,00,3e,e0,3f,00,3f,e0,40,00,40,e0,41,00,41,e0,42,00,42,e0,43,\
      00,43,e0,44,00,23,e0,57,00,57,e0,58,00,58,e0,3b,e0,3b,00,3c,e0,3c,00,3d,e0,\
      3d,00,3e,e0,3e,00,3f,e0,3f,00,40,e0,40,00,41,e0,41,00,42,e0,42,00,43,e0,43,\
      00,23,e0,44,00,57,e0,57,00,58,e0,58,00,00,00,00,00

Thanks to all who contributed (Ed, Paul, etc.)
    Jan

8 iunie 2010 10:29
  • I just wanted to say thanks to eelliott, this code works perfectly :-).
    I can confirm that the wheel (I don't know if other options too) does NOT work when the keyboard is connected via USB port, though :-(.

My AHK script below has some features that some Office Keyboard users may find useful:
       o Handles all Scrollwheel variations of Ctrl, Alt, Shift.
       o Handles the My Pictures scan code which is sometimes generated by the Scrollwheel (which results in an error about installing Photo Editing software)
       o Enables Functions keys without pressing F Lock (and handles all variations of Ctrl. Alt, Shift).
       o Contain entries for all of the top row keys (Word, Excel, etc.).
       o Documents (to the best of my knowledge) the default uses of the Windows Logo key.
       o Contains the #Persistent directive (In case you wondered why your script worked fine when you reloaded it, but not when it was loaded from the Startup folder.).

The script is a work in process and some actions are customized for my applications.  So it is offered as a base for others to customize to their needs.

I presently have the same script running on 4 PC's, 3 of which are XP 32-bit and one Win7 64-bit... and with different applications installed.  Which is why some of the script actions check for the presence of certain files.  Tip: For consistency, I have the same script running on a couple laptops (which do not normally have the Office Keyboard attached).

It seems like the details of how to configure things has been resolved above, but I'll recap my configurations:
       o Office Keyboard, when present, plugged into PS2 port.
       o Intellitype Pro 7.10.344.0 installed on XP 32-bit and Win7 64-bit.  The default Microsoft process led me to an earlier version for x86, so use the hyperlink or Google it. As recommended above, I chose the Digital Media Pro Keyboard during the install.
       o Removed prior work arounds for x86 machines.  This included registry changes to remap the function key scancodes (1gflockelim) and using the Intellitype Pro Key Settings to execute SendKeys scripts (e.g., WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell").SendKeys ("{F1}");)  As I recall, the SendKeys solution for the functions keys works for both USB and PS2 connections, whereas the registry scancode remapping only worked for the PS2 port.  I have not yet done any testing using the current script when the Office Keyboard is connected via a USB port.

Thanks to all who have contributed to getting this to work and thanks to the AHK folks.  I have five on these keyboards, one of which is a new-in-box spare.

Ed

; Microsoft Office Keyboard RT9450: For XP and Win7; 32-bit and 64-bit

#Persistent		; Keeps a script permanently running (that is, until the user closes it or ExitApp is encountered).
    #SingleInstance force	; Skips the dialog box and replaces the old instance of this script automatically
    #NoEnv			; Recommended. Undefined variables (%xxxx%) do not cause a search of Environment variables.

pathMicrosoftOffice 	= %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office12\	
    pathOpenOffice 		= %ProgramFiles%\OpenOffice.org 3\program\
    pathAdobeAcrobat 	= %ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
    pathAdobeAfterEffects	= %ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS4\Support Files\AfterFX.exe
    pathAdobeBridge		= %ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CS4\Bridge.exe
    pathAdobeEncore		= %ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS4\Adobe Encore.exe
    pathAdobeIllustrator	= %ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS4\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Illustrator.exe
    pathAdobePhotoshop7	= %ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Photoshop.exe
    pathAdobePhotoshop32	= %ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Photoshop.exe
    pathAdobePhotoshop64	= C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe
    pathAdobePremiere	= %ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
    pathFirefox		= %ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    pathiTunes		= %ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe
    ; ============= sound editing ==============
    pathAdobeSoundbooth	= %ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Adobe Soundbooth CS4\Adobe Soundbooth CS4.exe
    pathSonySoundforge	= %ProgramFiles%\Sony\Sound Forge 8.0\Forge80.exe

; =========== Microsoft Office Keyboard Scrollwheel: ScrollUp/Down Normal, Fast, Faster, Fastest ================
    ; Alt !
    !sc10B Up::Send !{WheelDown}
    !sc111 Up::Send !{WheelDown 3}
    !sc112 Up::Send !{WheelDown 5}
    !sc11F Up::Send !{WheelDown 7}
    !sc10B Down::Send !{WheelUp}
    !sc111 Down::Send !{WheelUp 3}
    !sc112 Down::Send !{WheelUp 5}
    !sc11F Down::Send !{WheelUp 7}
    ; Ctrl ^
    ; Shift +
    +sc10B Up::Send +{WheelDown}
    +sc111 Up::Send +{WheelDown 3}
    +sc112 Up::Send +{WheelDown 5}
    +sc11F Up::Send +{WheelDown 7}
    +sc10B Down::Send +{WheelUp}
    +sc111 Down::Send +{WheelUp 3}
    +sc112 Down::Send +{WheelUp 5}
    +sc11F Down::Send +{WheelUp 7}
    ; Alt+Ctrl !^
    !^sc10B Up::Send !^{WheelDown}
    !^sc111 Up::Send !^{WheelDown 3}
    !^sc112 Up::Send !^{WheelDown 5}
    !^sc11F Up::Send !^{WheelDown 7}
    !^sc10B Down::Send !^{WheelUp}
    !^sc111 Down::Send !^{WheelUp 3}
    !^sc112 Down::Send !^{WheelUp 5}
    !^sc11F Down::Send !^{WheelUp 7}
    ; Alt+Shift !+
    !+sc10B Up::Send !+{WheelDown}
    !+sc111 Up::Send !+{WheelDown 3}
    !+sc112 Up::Send !+{WheelDown 5}
    !+sc11F Up::Send !+{WheelDown 7}
    !+sc10B Down::Send !+{WheelUp}
    !+sc111 Down::Send !+{WheelUp 3}
    !+sc112 Down::Send !+{WheelUp 5}
    !+sc11F Down::Send !+{WheelUp 7}
    ; Ctrl+Shift ^+
    ^+sc10B Up::Send ^+{WheelDown}
    ^+sc111 Up::Send ^+{WheelDown 3}
    ^+sc112 Up::Send ^+{WheelDown 5}
    ^+sc11F Up::Send ^+{WheelDown 7}
    ^+sc10B Down::Send ^+{WheelUp}
    ^+sc111 Down::Send ^+{WheelUp 3}
    ^+sc112 Down::Send ^+{WheelUp 5}
    ^+sc11F Down::Send ^+{WheelUp 7}
    ; Alt+Ctrl+Shift !^+
    !^+sc10B Up::Send !^+{WheelDown}
    !^+sc111 Up::Send !^+{WheelDown 3}
    !^+sc112 Up::Send !^+{WheelDown 5}
    !^+sc11F Up::Send !^+{WheelDown 7}
    !^+sc10B Down::Send !^+{WheelUp}
    !^+sc111 Down::Send !^+{WheelUp 3}
    !^+sc112 Down::Send !^+{WheelUp 5}
    !^+sc11F Down::Send !^+{WheelUp 7}

; =================== Compensate for incorrectly-generated My Pictures scan code ==================
    sc164 Down::			; My Pictures > no action (suppress error re installing Photo Editing software which sometimes occurs when using scrollwheel)
    ; Alt !
    !sc164 Down::
    ; Ctrl ^
    ^sc164 Down::
    ; Shift +
    +sc164 Down::
    ; Alt+Ctrl !^
    !^sc164 Down::
    ; Alt+Shift !+
    !+sc164 Down::
    ; Ctrl+Shift ^+
    ^+sc164 Down::
    ; Alt+Ctrl+Shift !^+
    !^+sc164 Down::
    ; END END END =========== Microsoft Office Keyboard Scrollwheel ===============

; =============== Make Microsoft Office Keyboard Function Keys the default without having to press F Lock ========================
    sc13b Down::Send {F1}			; Help > F1
    sc13c Down::Send {F2}			; Office Home > F2
    sc13d Down::Send {F3}			; Task Pane > F3
    sc13e Down::Send {F4}			; New > F4
    sc13f Down::Send {F5}			; Open > F4
    sc140 Down::Send {F6}			; Close > F6
    sc141 Down::Send {F7}			; Reply > F7
    sc142 Down::Send {F8}			; Fwd > F8
    sc143 Down::Send {F9}			; Send > F9
    sc123 Down::Send {F10}			; Spell > F10
    sc157 Down::Send {F11}			; Save > F11
    sc158 Down::Send {F12}			; Print > F12
    ; Alt !
    !sc13b Down::Send !{F1}			; Help > F1
    !sc13c Down::Send !{F2}			; Office Home > F2
    !sc13d Down::Send !{F3}			; Task Pane > F3
    !sc13e Down::Send !{F4}			; New > F4
    !sc13f Down::Send !{F5}			; Open > F4
    !sc140 Down::Send !{F6}			; Close > F6
    !sc141 Down::Send !{F7}			; Reply > F7
    !sc142 Down::Send !{F8}			; Fwd > F8
    !sc143 Down::Send !{F9}			; Send > F9
    !sc123 Down::Send !{F10}		; Spell > F10
    !sc157 Down::Send !{F11}		; Save > F11
    !sc158 Down::Send !{F12}		; Print > F12
    ; Ctrl ^
    ^sc13b Down::Send ^{F1}			; Help > F1
    ^sc13c Down::Send ^{F2}			; Office Home > F2
    ^sc13d Down::Send ^{F3}			; Task Pane > F3
    ^sc13e Down::Send ^{F4}			; New > F4
    ^sc13f Down::Send ^{F5}			; Open > F4
    ^sc140 Down::Send ^{F6}			; Close > F6
    ^sc141 Down::Send ^{F7}			; Reply > F7
    ^sc142 Down::Send ^{F8}			; Fwd > F8
    ^sc143 Down::Send ^{F9}			; Send > F9
    ^sc123 Down::Send ^{F10}		; Spell > F10
    ^sc157 Down::Send ^{F11}		; Save > F11
    ^sc158 Down::Send ^{F12}		; Print > F12
    ; Shift +
    +sc13b Down::Send +{F1}			; Help > F1
    +sc13c Down::Send +{F2}			; Office Home > F2
    +sc13d Down::Send +{F3}			; Task Pane > F3
    +sc13e Down::Send +{F4}			; New > F4
    +sc13f Down::Send +{F5}			; Open > F4
    +sc140 Down::Send +{F6}			; Close > F6
    +sc141 Down::Send +{F7}			; Reply > F7
    +sc142 Down::Send +{F8}			; Fwd > F8
    +sc143 Down::Send +{F9}			; Send > F9
    +sc123 Down::Send +{F10}		; Spell > F10
    +sc157 Down::Send +{F11}		; Save > F11
    +sc158 Down::Send +{F12}		; Print > F12
    ; Alt+Ctrl !^
    !^sc13b Down::Send !^{F1}		; Help > F1
    !^sc13c Down::Send !^{F2}		; Office Home > F2
    !^sc13d Down::Send !^{F3}		; Task Pane > F3
    !^sc13e Down::Send !^{F4}		; New > F4
    !^sc13f Down::Send !^{F5}		; Open > F4
    !^sc140 Down::Send !^{F6}		; Close > F6
    !^sc141 Down::Send !^{F7}		; Reply > F7
    !^sc142 Down::Send !^{F8}		; Fwd > F8
    !^sc143 Down::Send !^{F9}		; Send > F9
    !^sc123 Down::Send !^{F10}		; Spell > F10
    !^sc157 Down::Send !^{F11}		; Save > F11
    !^sc158 Down::Send !^{F12}		; Print > F12
    ; Alt+Shift !+
    !+sc13b Down::Send !+{F1}		; Help > F1
    !+sc13c Down::Send !+{F2}		; Office Home > F2
    !+sc13d Down::Send !+{F3}		; Task Pane > F3
    !+sc13e Down::Send !+{F4}		; New > F4
    !+sc13f Down::Send !+{F5}		; Open > F4
    !+sc140 Down::Send !+{F6}		; Close > F6
    !+sc141 Down::Send !+{F7}		; Reply > F7
    !+sc142 Down::Send !+{F8}		; Fwd > F8
    !+sc143 Down::Send !+{F9}		; Send > F9
    !+sc123 Down::Send !+{F10}		; Spell > F10
    !+sc157 Down::Send !+{F11}		; Save > F11
    !+sc158 Down::Send !+{F12}		; Print > F12
    ; Ctrl+Shift ^+
    ^+sc13b Down::Send ^+{F1}		; Help > F1
    ^+sc13c Down::Send ^+{F2}		; Office Home > F2
    ^+sc13d Down::Send ^+{F3}		; Task Pane > F3
    ^+sc13e Down::Send ^+{F4}		; New > F4
    ^+sc13f Down::Send ^+{F5}		; Open > F4
    ^+sc140 Down::Send ^+{F6}		; Close > F6
    ^+sc141 Down::Send ^+{F7}		; Reply > F7
    ^+sc142 Down::Send ^+{F8}		; Fwd > F8
    ^+sc143 Down::Send ^+{F9}		; Send > F9
    ^+sc123 Down::Send ^+{F10}		; Spell > F10
    ^+sc157 Down::Send ^+{F11}		; Save > F11
    ^+sc158 Down::Send ^+{F12}		; Print > F12
    ; Alt+Ctrl+Shift !^+
    !^+sc13b Down::Send !^+{F1}		; Help > F1
    !^+sc13c Down::Send !^+{F2}		; Office Home > F2
    !^+sc13d Down::Send !^+{F3}		; Task Pane > F3
    !^+sc13e Down::Send !^+{F4}		; New > F4
    !^+sc13f Down::Send !^+{F5}		; Open > F4
    !^+sc140 Down::Send !^+{F6}		; Close > F6
    !^+sc141 Down::Send !^+{F7}		; Reply > F7
    !^+sc142 Down::Send !^+{F8}		; Fwd > F8
    !^+sc143 Down::Send !^+{F9}		; Send > F9
    !^+sc123 Down::Send !^+{F10}		; Spell > F10
    !^+sc157 Down::Send !^+{F11}		; Save > F11
    !^+sc158 Down::Send !^+{F12}		; Print > F12
    ; END END END =============== Microsoft Office Keyboard Function Keys ========================

; ============== Microsoft Office Keyboard Top Row keys ===========================
    sc113 Down::RunOffice("winword.exe", "swriter.exe")			; Word button
    sc114 Down::RunOffice("Excel.exe", "scalc.exe")				; Excel button
    ;sc132 Down::Run iExplore						; Web/Home button
    sc132 Down::Run %pathFirefox%						; Web/Home button
    sc16c Down::Run %pathMicrosoftOffice%Outlook.exe /select outlook:inbox		; Mail button
    sc115 Down::Run %pathMicrosoftOffice%Outlook.exe /select outlook:calendar	; Calendar button
    sc105 Down::Run Explorer						; Files button
    sc121 Down::Run Calc							; Calculator button
    ;sc120 Down::								; Mute button
    ;sc12e Down::								; Volume - button
    ;sc130 Down::								; Volume + button
    ;sc116 Down::								; Log Off button -- nullify
    ;sc15f Down::								; Sleep button
    ; Alt !
    ; Ctrl ^
    ; Shift +
    ; Alt+Ctrl !^
    ; Alt+Shift !+
    ; Ctrl+Shift ^+
    ; Alt+Ctrl+Shift !^+
    ; END END END ============== Microsoft Office Keyboard Top Row keys ===========================

; ==================== Windows Logo Key =====================
    #a::Run %pathAdobeAcrobat%						; Acrobat Pro
    #b::Run %pathAdobeBridge%						; Adobe Bridge
    #c::Run %pathMicrosoftOffice%Outlook.exe /select outlook:calendar	; Outlook Calendar
    ;#d defaults to Show Desktop
    ;#e defaults to Windows Explorer
    ;#f
    ;#g defaults (Win7) to View Desktop Gadgets
    ;#h
    ;#i::Run iexplore							; Internet Explorer
    #i::Run %pathFirefox%							; Firefox
    #j::Run devmgmt.msc							; Windows Device Manager
    #k::Run control								; Control Panel
    ;#l defaults to lock workstation
    #m::Run diskmgmt.msc							; Windows Disk Managment
    ;#n defaults to New OneNote Sidenote
    #o::Run %pathMicrosoftOffice%Outlook.exe /select outlook:inbox		; Outlook Inbox
    ;#p defaults (Win7) to multi-display config (hold WinKey and repeatedly pressing P to cycle through alternatives
    #q::RunPhotoshop()							; Adobe Photoshop (64-bit if available; otherwise, 32-bit)
    ;#r defaults to Run...
    ;#s defaults to OneNote Create Screen Clipping
    ;#t ***OVERRIDDEN*** defaults (Win7) to dock keyboard mode (use arrow keys)
    #t::Run %pathiTunes%							; iTunes
    ;#u defaults (Win7) to Control Panel > Ease of Access center
    ;#v
    #w::RunOffice("winword.exe", "swriter.exe")				; Word processing
    ;#x ***OVERRIDDEN*** defaults (WIN7) to laptop settings control panel 
    #x::RunOffice("Excel.exe", "scalc.exe")			 		; Spreadsheet
    ;#x
    ;#y
    ;#z
    ; Alt !
    ; Ctrl ^
    ; Shift +
    #+a::Run %pathAdobeAfterEffects%
    #+b::Run %pathAdobeBridge%
    #+e::Run %pathAdobeEncore%
    #+i::Run %pathAdobeIllustrator%
    ;#+n defaults to Open OneNote
    #+p::Run %pathAdobePremiere%
    #+q::RunPhotoshop()
    #+s::									; sound editing
    	IfExist	%pathAdobeSoundbooth%
    		Run %pathAdobeSoundbooth%
    	else	Run %pathSonySoundforge%
    	Return
    ; Alt+Ctrl !^
    ; Alt+Shift !+
    ; Ctrl+Shift ^+
    ; Alt+Ctrl+Shift !^+
    ; END END END ==================== Windows Logo Key =====================

; ======================= Function RunOffice ===================
    ; Run the Microsoft program if available; otherwise run corresponding OpenOffice program
    RunOffice(MicrosoftEXE, OpenOfficeEXE)
    {
    	global pathMicrosoftOffice
    	global pathOpenOffice
    	IfExist	%pathMicrosoftOffice%%MicrosoftEXE%
    		Run %pathMicrosoftOffice%%MicrosoftEXE%
    	else	Run %pathOpenOffice%%OpenOfficeEXE%
    	return
    }

; ====================== Function RunPhotoshop =================
    RunPhotoshop()
    {
    	global 	pathAdobePhotoshop7
    	global	pathAdobePhotoshop32
    	global	pathAdobePhotoshop64
    	IfExist	%pathAdobePhotoshop64%
    		Run %pathAdobePhotoshop64%
    	else	IfExist	%pathAdobePhotoshop32%
    			Run %pathAdobePhotoshop32%
    		else	Run %pathAdobePhotoshop7%
    	return
    }

; ======================= storage area ==================
    ;listVars
    ;Pause
    ; Alt !
    ; Ctrl ^
    ; Shift +
    ; Alt+Ctrl !^
    ; Alt+Shift !+
    ; Ctrl+Shift ^+
    ; Alt+Ctrl+Shift !^+
    ; END END END ======================= storage area ==================

19 iunie 2010 16:53
  • I don't know that this will help at all, but I've been in touch with a person from Microsoft in one of their sales divisions. I recently sent him the email below. If I get a better email address from him I will post it here. I would encourage all of you to send this or a similar email and hopefully our grass roots effort will pay off.  thanks to everyone who has contributed to helping find a solution to this problem.

copy of the email I sent to - Jeffrey.Conant (at) microsoft.com:

Hi Jeff,

I know this is completely out of left field, but would it be possible for you to forward this request on to someone in programming drivers for Microsoft hardware for me? Or better yet, provide me with an email address so I can send this to them directly?

I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 7 and so far everything has been fantastic with one exception. I’ve been using a Microsoft Office Keyboard (model RT9450) for a number of years and love it for the scroll wheel and cut/copy/paste buttons on the left side of the keyboard. As I found out here (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistahardware/thread/e56a845c-72dc-442f-94ce-dec6f60724b5 ) there have been others who LOVE this keyboard as much as I do posting on this forum consistently for over 3 years trying to get their keyboard working, posting work arounds etc.

Based on what I’ve read on this forum there is already a Microsoft keyboard driver that will work to provide most of the functionality of the keyboard with the exception of the scroll wheel. It seems like it would be fairly simple to update that driver to include the functionality of the scroll wheel.  Even if it is not within the realm of possibility I would implore someone to come out with a keyboard that has the scroll wheel on the keyboard again. For someone like me who spends their entire day in Excel, the scroll wheel and cut/copy/paste buttons are like having an extra set of hands.  

I’ve never made a request like this before, but that keyboard’s functionality is so much a part of the way I work that it has made the transition to a fantastic new operating system a little less fun.

All the best.

13 august 2010 17:03
  • I don't know that this will help at all, but I've been in touch with a person from Microsoft in one of their sales divisions. I recently sent him the email below. If I get a better email address from him I will post it here. I would encourage all of you to send this or a similar email and hopefully our grass roots effort will pay off.  thanks to everyone who has contributed to helping find a solution to this problem.

copy of the email I sent to - Jeffrey.Conant (at) microsoft.com:

Hi Jeff,

I know this is completely out of left field, but would it be possible for you to forward this request on to someone in programming drivers for Microsoft hardware for me? Or better yet, provide me with an email address so I can send this to them directly?

I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 7 and so far everything has been fantastic with one exception. I’ve been using a Microsoft Office Keyboard (model RT9450) for a number of years and love it for the scroll wheel and cut/copy/paste buttons on the left side of the keyboard. As I found out here (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistahardware/thread/e56a845c-72dc-442f-94ce-dec6f60724b5 ) there have been others who LOVE this keyboard as much as I do posting on this forum consistently for over 3 years trying to get their keyboard working, posting work arounds etc.

Based on what I’ve read on this forum there is already a Microsoft keyboard driver that will work to provide most of the functionality of the keyboard with the exception of the scroll wheel. It seems like it would be fairly simple to update that driver to include the functionality of the scroll wheel.  Even if it is not within the realm of possibility I would implore someone to come out with a keyboard that has the scroll wheel on the keyboard again. For someone like me who spends their entire day in Excel, the scroll wheel and cut/copy/paste buttons are like having an extra set of hands.  

I’ve never made a request like this before, but that keyboard’s functionality is so much a part of the way I work that it has made the transition to a fantastic new operating system a little less fun.

All the best.

Sorry I try but

Remote host said: 550 5.4.1 jeffrey.conant@microsoft.com: Recipient address rejected: Access Denied [RCPT_TO]

• Propus ca răspuns de Kangajoe 4 septembrie 2010 10:39
    30 august 2010 13:11
  • Hi Everyone, I found this fix works very well in Windows 7 32bit for the MS Office keyboard.

This is how I applied it.

1. I downloaded and installed MS Intellitype Pro 7.1.  http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=MK

2. Next I configured my MS Office keyboard as a 'Digital Media Pro Keyboard'

3. I then went to the 'Start-up Manager' (type 'startup manager into search to find it) and unchecked MS Intellitype Pro, so it won't autorun at start-up.

4. I downloaded AutoHotkey and installed it.  http://www.autohotkey.com/download/

5. Next I created a new folder in My Documents and named it 'Office Keyboard'

6. I opened this folder right clicked and selected New (second from bottom of list) AutoHotkey script.

7. I then named this new file and called it 'Scroll Wheel'

8. Next I right clicked on the 'Scroll Wheel' file and selected 'Edit Script'

9. This will open a Notepad window. Delete all text and then you can paste the script command lines listed in the above post.

Return

; makes control-scroll work for zooming

Return

10. Now close the window saving the changes.

11. Next you need to convert the .ahk file to an .exe file, to do this open the 'Convert .ahk to .exe' utility.  You will find this in the AutoHotkey folder in programs.

12. Now save that new .exe file into the same folder (Office Keyboard) I called mine 'Scroll Wheel .exe'

13. Open Start-up Manager as you did before and select 'Add a Program'.  Navigate to your new Scroll Wheel .exe file and select it.

14. Now everytime Windows 7 starts this little program will run and the scroll wheel will work!

WORD AND EXCEL BUTTONS NOT WORKING?

You can use the same process as above to create programs that will get these buttons working too!

The command lines to paste in are as follows (you may need to alter slightly, this is my location for Office 2010)

sc113:: Run C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\WINWORD.exe

sc114:: Run C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\EXCEL.exe

I hope you enjoy this fix for our favourite keyboard as much as I have! :)

4 septembrie 2010 10:40
  • It still doesn't work  in Windows 7!!!! 
    4 octombrie 2010 00:06
  • It still doesn't work  in Windows 7!!!! 
    It worked for me. You HAVE to plug it into the PS2 port and not USB. You'll need an adapter. Thanks everyone for the script and instructions.
    26 octombrie 2010 04:04
  • PLEASE MICROSOFT...you built the BEST KEYBOARD EVER then abandoned it! I have severe arthritis and other hand problems and this is the ONLY keyboard that allows me to EARN MY LIVING , which is all at my computer. PLEASE either make an updated version of this keyboard or support it correctly with drivers, etc. NO OTHER COMPANY has stepped up to create a user-friendly keyboard, which strikes me as INSANE! I can't live without cut, copy, paste and back/forward buttons. I've avoided Vista because of this. Now I'm going to be forced to use Win7 soon, but the keyboard should just work! ____, I'd pay a FEE every year just to keep it working, if it's $ you want! JUST FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here mate... I would pay anything for an updated version of the BEST keyboard that any manufacturer have ever released... c'mon MS
    7 noiembrie 2010 14:10
  • I love my office keyboards. I also have 2 Memorex MX3300 keyboards, which are very similar to the MS Office Keyboard. The latest driver ofr it was for win XP, but guess what it works in Win 7 64-bit. How can a cheap piece of plastic and driver work when Microsoft has neutered it's own. I believe this is a case of planned obsolescence and not an unwillingness to update their driver. The Memorex driver is from 2003.
    10 ianuarie 2011 03:07
  • What a useful thread!

I use these to use the cut/copy/paste keys

sc117::^x
    sc118::^c
    sc10a::^v

And I use the application keys as Next Window (although it is a bit hit and miss)

sc11e::^F6
    sc109::+^F6

16 februarie 2011 21:21
  • ...this is a great keyboard and its only a few years old.

I've seen this same comment several times by MHornet and a number of other users; I believe the MS Office Keyboard has been around for close to 10 years, which is a bit more then "a few years."  Microsoft is showing bad judgement regarding support ending for the high money items, especially the opsys.  They provide support for Vista SP1, but not for plain Vista.  Now that's not yet a problem, since you can download the SP1+SP2 service packs, plus about 4 patches that have to be installed before SP1 and SP2.  If you download and store these basic updates, you'll continue to get support, but if you've never updated your plain Vista (any version) and try for support your sol...until you hunt down the files I mentioned and install them (store them all on a single disk, for handy access, when needed).

Hope this helps!

27 februarie 2011 13:38
  • Along with Evergreen4, I do a lot of cut, copy, pasting.  I am distressed that Microsoft hasn't come out with a new Office Keyboard in all these years.  My first Office Keyboard is almost ten years old and a couple of the keys don't work anymore.  I really need to have the cut, copy, paste keys on the left.   Using control x,c,v is extremely awkward and breaks the flow of moving data around in cells.  Also the scroll wheel is so much more eronomic than the one on the mouse.   I work on a computer all day.  I don't care what it costs, I just want my cut,copy,paste and scroll wheel over on the left.  Forget useless multimedia buttons.  I don't listen to music at the office.  Come on, Microsoft, you're supposed to care about corporate America. 

1 martie 2011 20:53
  • I'm using Win7 x64 since 2 weeks, but I'm using the MS Office Keyboard since 2001/2002.

And now: My RT 9450 is working properly again! I'm happy!

I use the Word & Excel-buttons with an other office-program (Softmaker Office 2010) and it's working!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Only one problem remains for me: I would like to use the "calendar-button" with Thunderbird & Lightning. Thunderbird is opening, ok, but every time with the first tab (postbox). The second tab (where I have my lightning-calendar) isn't active. How can I change that?

22 aprilie 2011 22:43
  • Hi,

I am new to this forum and would like to say that, it is a shame Microsoft discontinued this keyboard.

It is the best I ever had. Could buy a new one but none as good as this.

Please Micrisoft support YOUR OWN hardware in YOUR OWN latest S.O.

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
    I forgot to mention: Using Windows 7 Home Premium
    27 iulie 2011 21:53
  •  

In deed, you have to use Intellitype Pro Keyboard v 5.0 .  I think you can use it on Windows 7 using compatibility mode. 

here:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=9031 

3 august 2011 11:33
  • I have to agree the Microsoft Office Keyboard is the best keyboard I've ever used, and it's a shame that it's no longer supported.

I have it plugged into a USB port on Windows Vista Business (32-bit) and just installed the latest Intellipoint software which I believe is 8.2 from here. (if you don't trust the hyperlink, copy and paste this URL - http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/confirmation.aspx?id=26949).

This software doesn't ask about keyboards, it just auto installs. Not only that, every function of the RT9450 works (except for the scroll wheel) straight out of the box. You can't reconfigure anything, but having all the "Left" keys and the multimedia keys working again is like a breath of fresh air.

May help some of you out ........!

• Editat de ss-kalm 5 ianuarie 2012 20:28 Update URL
    5 ianuarie 2012 20:14
  • I have an Microsoft Office Keyboard too. My mom purchased a Microsoft Trackball explorer a few years before i got my keyboard. but when the mouse failed - still well within warranty - microsoft refused to help us because it was a "legacy product that was no longer being made". So why then is microsoft still listing the trackball explorer in the driver downloads (the latest win 7 x64 drivers are even listed!), when they have totally dropped support for the Microsoft Office Keyboard?

Some one, some where, at microsoft needs a swift kick in the balls.

Microsoft Trackball Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/trackball-explorer

Microsoft Office Keyboard: WTF MICROSOFT! NO NEW DRIVERS?

Its almost like Microsoft is trying to pretend the office keyboard never even existed

• Editat de Cybot 13 februarie 2012 05:57
    • Propus ca răspuns de Cybot 16 iunie 2013 00:38
    13 februarie 2012 05:55
  • DR - First time I have been to this site since my posting and then I read your comments. There is some confusion regarding the instruction process. The cause is the cautionary remark that occurs just before possibly having to deal with DEP. By that time your keyboard was installed, however the previous is stated: Once the compatibility issue is correct click to start the installation. (REMEMBER YOUR KEYBOARD MUST STILL NOT BE RECONNECTED BEFORE THE PROGRAM IS INSTALLED!!) The keyboard was disconnected before you shut down the computer and you do not reconnect the USB until after the following steps. If you have reconnected your keyboard before the installation of the program then you must disconnect, power off and repeat the steps shown above. During the installation you will get the notorious warnings from Vista. Ignore them and continue to install per the installation instructions. Eventually you will have installed the program including the “Launch” capability that allows you to revise key settings etc. Right now all we want is to complete the installation and nothing more. Once the installation process has been completed shut down your computer again. Wait for about a minute then boot up. DO NOT RECONNECT YOUR KEYBOARD!! This is a warning to not reconnect you keyboard prior to shutting down the computer and installing the program. Once the computer has been rebooted and the desktop appears you have reconnected the keyboard then follow the procedure indicated if necessary including eliminating DEP. Then before shutting down you disconnect the keyboard, then shut down the computer and as you prepare to reboot you reconnect the keyboard. As to the registry, probably no two registries are the same so cannot respond to your situation, but my registry search only found one instance of the keyboard. Once I deleted that primary folder I was home free. As to password issue, I cannot address that because I do not use a password to get logged on, My computer is used by me only, therefore I use no passwords and I disable User Account. The User Account drove me insane when I wanted to streamline my computer- XP or Vista - to operate the way I prefer with its incessant warning everytime I began to make changes.
    19 septembrie 2012 10:04
  • I have upgrading a Vista to Windows 8 (don't bother unless you have a touchscreen - you have to re-install all programs for a quicker boot ;-).

Of course, I want to continue to have the Microsoft Office Keyboard RT9450 with scroll wheel and copy,cut,paste keys.

This AutoHotkey script does it for me:

;
    ; AutoHotkey Version: Version 2.00 - Based on SciTE 1.77 Feb 26 2009 11:58:29
    ; Language:       English
    ; Platform:       Win 8
    ; Author:         Paul A. Bristow
    ;

; Script Function:

; Template script adding control of Microsoft Office Keyboard RT9450 scroll wheel and extra copy'n'cut'n'paste keys.
    ; in Windows 8, the keyboard is reported as a 'standard PS/2 keyboard'
    ; The Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre reports no keyboard and mouse detected!

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
    #SingleInstance force
    SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
    SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
    ; Microsoft Office Keyboard RT9450:

;A  'find the code' script was used to find the code corersponding to the special keys.
    ;#KeyHistory 20 ; monitor 20 keyboard events.

;ListVars
    ;Pause
    ;and extract the keys, and demo thus:
    ;SC117:: ; Cut key.
    ;MsgBox, MS Office cut key was pressed.
    ;return
    ;SC118:: ; copy key.
    ;MsgBox, MS Office copy key was pressed.
    ;return
    ;SC10A:: ; paste key.
    ;MsgBox, MS Office paste key was pressed.
    ;return

; lefthand keypad: cut, copy & paste keys. 
    sc117::^x
    sc118::^c
    sc10a::^v

; Making the ScrollWheel work under Windows 8.
    ; ScrollUp/Down Normal, Fast, Faster, Fastest

; Makes CTRL-scroll to zoom in & out work (commented out at present).

;^sc10B Up::Send ^{WheelDown}
    ;^sc111 Up::Send ^{WheelDown 3}
    ;^sc112 Up::Send ^{WheelDown 5}
    ;^sc11F Up::Send ^{WheelDown 7}
    ;^sc10B Down::Send ^{WheelUp}
    ;^sc111 Down::Send ^{WheelUp 3}
    ;^sc112 Down::Send ^{WheelUp 5}
    ;^sc11F Down::Send ^{WheelUp 7}

; Special Keys on top of keyboard
    ; Codes for key found using the code above.

Return

I have also associated some programs with other special keys, for example:

; Some examples of programs associated.
    ; For Microsoft Office, you need to find the right .exe file for your installation, for example 
    ;  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\WINWORD.exe
    ;  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\EXCEL.exe
    ;...
    ; Examples below use LIbreOffice, and other Opensource programs
    ; Word key
    sc113:: Run C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3.6\program\swriter.exe
    ; Excel Key
    sc114:: Run C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3.6\program\scalc.exe
    ; Web.home
    sc115:: Run C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

but you will have to customize these for your system.

Paul A. Bristow

22 noiembrie 2012 15:56