none
Windows XP Drivers in Compatibility Mode on Windows 7

Вопрос

• If my hardware does not have a Win 7 driver but has an XP driver, will it work if I install the driver and software in Win XP compatibility mode on my Windows 7 laptop. I have the Win 7 Pro Edition.

16 апреля 2010 г. 16:26

Ответы

• Sometimes you can install the XP driver for a device in Windows 7 and if you have the driver extracted you should be able to install the driver via Device Manager. If that fails or if the driver comes in and EXE-format then running it in XP compatibility mode might work. Be aware that there might be stability problems when using XP drivers in Windows 7. What kind of device is it by the way?

Blogging about Windows for IT pros at www.theexperienceblog.com
    • Помечено в качестве ответа Linda Yan 22 апреля 2010 г. 1:30
    16 апреля 2010 г. 19:09
  • Hi JpPhoto,

Please let us know the device brand and model so that we can provide more information about it.

Besides, if the Windows XP driver does not work in the compatibility mode, you also can try Windows XP Mode. For more information about Windows XP Mode, please refer to:

Windows XP Mode

Install and use Windows XP Mode in Windows 7

Regards,

Linda

19 апреля 2010 г. 2:43

Все ответы

• Sometimes you can install the XP driver for a device in Windows 7 and if you have the driver extracted you should be able to install the driver via Device Manager. If that fails or if the driver comes in and EXE-format then running it in XP compatibility mode might work. Be aware that there might be stability problems when using XP drivers in Windows 7. What kind of device is it by the way?

Blogging about Windows for IT pros at www.theexperienceblog.com
    16 апреля 2010 г. 19:09
  • Hi JpPhoto,

Please let us know the device brand and model so that we can provide more information about it.

Besides, if the Windows XP driver does not work in the compatibility mode, you also can try Windows XP Mode. For more information about Windows XP Mode, please refer to:

Windows XP Mode

Install and use Windows XP Mode in Windows 7

Regards,

Linda

19 апреля 2010 г. 2:43
  • "Terratec Phase X24 FW"  external audio interface with driver's version 2.44.41 (the last avaliable on official site).It worked in XP with my desktop, and doesn't want to work under Seven with the same hardware.

I've tried to solve the issue for many monthes and want to try again now, cause Windows Update downloaded some compatibility patches, which doesn't helped and i hope, that there will come some new updates soon which will get my card back to normal working state. Thanks for the answer.

11 июля 2010 г. 9:22
  • GOt similar kinda problem. Using ASUS P5SD2-VM Motherboard. HAd been using Windows XP so far with  no issues. As I switched to Windows 7 x64, drivers for it are not available at ASUS website. Tried drivers for XP and Vista, which though went useless, saying drivers not compatible with this OS.

Drivers for Audio were automatically taken with OS, but Audio flickers continuously. Need serious help.

Thanks in advance.

31 мая 2012 г. 8:15