none
ATA-ATAPI USB Hard Drive Interface will not work with Windows 7

Вопрос

• I bought a USB hard drive interface for a Hitachi SATA drive out of my old computer in which the motherboard went bad. Tried and tried to get it working with the brand new Lenovo running Win 7 64 bit. No luck. In the device manager it kept showing the USB to ATA/ATAPI Bridge. It even said drivers were installed but I could not click on the drive. Went into disk drive management and the drive did not show up at all. Well, I have an older Dell running Windows XP. Plugged it into that machine and XP installed drivers and I can access all the files on the old hard drive fine. So the problem is not the hard drive or the interface device. The problem is in Windows 7. I am not sure what the solution may be, but it works like a charm on the old Windows XP machine. It seems everyone is having the same problems with Windows 7 and the USB drives.
    31 мая 2012 г. 4:12

Ответы

• Apparenly the solution is you need Windows 7 drivers for the interface which is the sole responsibilty of the hardware maufacturer!

Microsoft does not write the drivers for any third party hardware.

Windows 7 is different from Windows XP and what works on XP has absolutely nothing to do with what works on Win 7.

Not everyone is having the same problem with Windows 7 and the USB drives!

I have been using Windows 7 since January 2009 when the public Beta was made available and I have never had any problems with external USB drives.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

31 мая 2012 г. 11:17