none
External display won't go higher than 1024 X 768

Вопрос

• I have a Lenovo G580 running Windows 8 and have it connected to a DELL flat panel monitor (about 6 years old) -- when I first got the machine, I had Windows look and install the latest driver for the display and for a very brief moment, I could change the resolution of this display. 

The next time I restarted Windows 8, not only did the behavior revert to 1024 X 768 but it also became disabled in the Control Panel.  Every once in a while, I will disconnect and reconnect my machine and my display will go back to a normal resolution.  The next time I connect and reconnect, my resolution is again back at 1024 X 768 and disabled in Control Panel.

What gives?  By the way, I am also using a KVM switch that I need - I havent tested without it in play but even if it was causing the issue, I should be able to set this up correct?

17 января 2013 г. 1:35

Ответы

• MS

Unpowered devices can work intermittently depending on which other devices are running with it.  Unpowered devices lower the voltage.  The easiest way to find out is to remove it and see if it still crashes.

MS-MVP 2010, 2011, 2012 Team ZigZag

18 января 2013 г. 4:19
    Модератор
  • This kind of issues are caused by device drivers. Not related to Windows 8. I suggest you contact the devices manufacturers for more information.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

18 января 2013 г. 9:03
    Модератор

Все ответы

• If it is an "un-powered KVM switch the is  probably it.

If you go into device manager does any of the display devices have a "yellow triangle on them"

(device mgr>right click the left charm>device manager)

17 января 2013 г. 2:19
    Модератор
  • Thanks for your response.  Yes its un-powered - but I dont see any yellow triangled devices in DeviceManager at all.  And if its the KVM why does it appear to work some of the time?
    17 января 2013 г. 2:24
  • MS

Unpowered devices can work intermittently depending on which other devices are running with it.  Unpowered devices lower the voltage.  The easiest way to find out is to remove it and see if it still crashes.

18 января 2013 г. 4:19
    Модератор
  • This kind of issues are caused by device drivers. Not related to Windows 8. I suggest you contact the devices manufacturers for more information.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

18 января 2013 г. 9:03
    Модератор