none
Memory leaks- high memory usage svchost.exe

Вопрос

• hello!

im having a kind of a similar problem. Im using a Q6600 with 4Gb of RAM running on Windows 7 x64. My physical memory usage history is 1.75GB idle but my CPU usage looks good ~ 0%.

In Windows Task Manager when i arranged the memory column, the process with the highest memory usge is svchost.exe with 116,572K. And i have 14 svchost.exe in my computer! I opened process exporer and check the legitimate of all those svchost.exe and they are all legit. When i look at the properties of the highest svchost.exe in process explorer, the services which is running under it is as follows

AudioEndPointBuilder c:\Windows\System32\Audiosrv.dll

CscService c:\Windows\System32\cscsvc.dll

hidserv c:\Windows\System32\hidserv.dll

Netman c:\Windows\System32\netman.dll

PcaSvc c:\Windows\System32\pcasvc.dll

SysMain c:\Windows\System32\sysmail.dll

TrkWks c:\Windows\System32\trkwks.dll

UxSms c:\Windows\System32\uxsms.dll

wudfsvc c:\Windows\System32\WUDFSvc.dll

All are legit DLLS.

Is it normal to have 14 svchost.exe running at the same time(system, local service, network service in Task Manager)

and how can i reduce the memory usage of the svchost.exe?

7 апреля 2011 г. 17:32

Ответы

• Hi,

There can be multiple instances of Svchost.exe running at the same time. Each Svchost.exe session can contain a grouping of services, so that separate services can be run depending on how and where Svchost.exe is started.

If you would like to reduce the usage of this service, I could share the following article with you:

Getting Started with SVCHOST.EXE Troubleshooting

PRF: High CPU (SVCHOST.EXE)

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    11 апреля 2011 г. 10:13
    Модератор

Все ответы