none
ms intellipont 8.2 does created an anomolous device

Общие обсуждения

• A recent devolpment in my system shows a category in the device mgr "other devices" in that categorya device named "bluetooth peripheral device" . This deivec has no driver loaded and any attempt to update the driver fails.

This so called "bluetooth peripheral device" is the ms wireless laser mouses' blutooth tranciever.

Now the odd devlopment is that under the category of "Bluetooth radios" which is also creadted by intellipoint are two entries

MS Blurtooth Enumerator

MS tranceiver v 3.0 for bluetooth

So why the "other device"?

This situation has caused a intermittent loss of mouse connectivity on system boot. You hear the sounds of a usb device being connected then disconnected and the only way to re-establish mouse connectivity is to remove the bluetooth tranceiver and re-insert it.

All usb ports are set to "not turn off to save power"

All bluetooth functions seem to operating as intended. Ijust don't understand why this particular issue has arisen.

System scanned with ms security esentials with up to date definitions

Intellipoint has been un-installed, the registry cleaned (using uniblue's registry booter 2012) and then re-installed.

the devices show up in the device mgr.

system specs

win 7 ult 64 bit

8 gb ram

64 gb ssd (main os drive)

wd velociraptor 320 gb programs drive

Various other hard drives containing picures, music, personal data

Processor

AMD phenom II X4 940 running at 3 ghz

all components have been tested, scanned and verified to the best of my ability. Just can't figure out this damned mouse problem.

mind you once the system has had its little hiccup at boot the problem does not occur again for that session.

any advice/assistance/comments are greaty appreciated.

Thank you

• Перемещено Carey FrischMVP, Moderator 24 мая 2012 г. 20:18 Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)

Все ответы

• Hi,

Firstly, please let us know the detailed model of your mouse.

Also, please check you have installed 64-bit Microsoft IntelliPoint 8.2.

Meanwhile, due to issue may hardware related, it is recommended to contact Microsoft Hardware Support for help.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

• 1. mouse model:

MS Wireless Laser Mouse 8000

2. 64bt ver. of MS Intellipoint installed.

Issue appeared recently. System would boot-up, The sound of a usb device connected almost immediately after the desktop appears. Mouse loses connectivity, sound of a failed driver load if heard. Still no mouse function.

The removal of the MS blutooth reanceiver initiates a usb revmoved sound. Re-inserting the bluetooth tranceiver initiates a usb connected sound, Mouse functionality returns.

The presence of the other devices category appears, with a " peripheral bluetooth device" listed.

Removal of the blutooth tranceiver not only makes this "peripheral bluetooth device" dissapear the bluetooth radios category also dissapears. Obiously rendering the mouse completely unusable.

When the problem first appeared I made sure to do a complete scan of my system with MS security essentials. This was in addtoin to my regular scans. Thus far Security essentials has found nothing during subsequent scans. Security essentials is maintained up to date at all times.

• Hi,

Thanks for the response.

If the issue did not occur previously, you can try to perform a system restore and see how it works.

If issue persists, I suggest uninstalling Microsoft IntelliPoint 8.2 and your mouse from device management. Unplugging and re-plugging and let Windows install it automatically.

Hope this helps. 

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

• FYI.

I uninstalled intellipont. At that time the Bluetooth Radios category was still present in the device mgr. as well as the "peripheral bluetooth device. When the bluetooth dongle was removed the Bluetooth Radios dissappeared and so did the peripheral bluetooth device.

The system was rebooted. Both items were still not present. The dongle was re-inserted. The system issued the usual USB device connected sound. The mouse is responsive. In the device mgr the mouse and other pointing device category lists and HID-compiant mouse. Currently no bluetooth fuctions are present in the system.

A re-installation of intellipoint Installed mouse drivers, changeing the hid-compliant mouse to (2) ms wireless laser point 8000 mouse (intellipoint). That's two entries in the mouse and other pointing devices category.

The system then triggers a configuring bluetooth transceiver to connect to other devices. This produces the bluetooth radios category and the bluetooth peripheral device re-appears. This is obviously a by-product of the intellipoint software, I just don't know why it presents itself in this manner.

For now I'm going to disable the bluetooth peripheral device to see if it makes a difference.

just for reference the latest ver. of the intelipoint software is:

d/led fil carries a name of "IPx64_1033_8.20.468.0.exe

the driver found in "c:\windows\system32\drivers" is called "ipoint64.sys"

its ver as listed is:

Don't know if that information is helpfull.