none
runtime error "this application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way

Вопрос

• I keep getting this message when I have JUNO SMTP email program open which listens in on ports for email notification. It has a reduced version of Internet Explorer as it's browser. It started happening right after downloading and installing the upgrade build 8.8.0. Juno's internal browser works but at the start page I get the Runtime Error every time yet it does not affect the browser that I can see other than links clicked must first open the start page and then be re clicked to open the page requested. Could this be a locked hosts file problem as I use Spybot S&D to restrict <internet options> so it cannot be opened from within a browser, only from the control panel?
    Any thoughts?

And sometimes when it is not open.
    IE8 is broken and when I try to open that, I get several of the Runtime Errors one right after another and the browser does not open or respond to closing using the x button.
    Luckily I have Firefox 3.0 as my default browser and that works beautifully.
    For a couple of weeks before this problem came up, I had to run IE8 without ADD-ONS enabled because SKYPE add-on to link phone numbers in web pages was not compatible with Windows7 or IE8 I don't know which. I also do not know how to manage add-ons to remove this SKYPE one especially if I cannot open Internet Explorer.
    12 июля 2009 г. 1:07

Ответы

• spent some time right clicking all my programs to run as administrator and turned on the guest account. Also what I think might have done the trick is to open the properties of all my programs and set the sharing tab permissions button.
    What ever I did seems to have fixed it.
    Yet another fine example of Microsft setting all defaults to "WE DON'T WANT YOU TO USE YOUR COMPUTER"??????
    IT standards are so wonderful because there are so very many of them to choose from.
    • Помечено в качестве ответа zitiboat 13 июля 2009 г. 23:18
    13 июля 2009 г. 23:18

Все ответы

• Follow up thought!

I also recently downloaded the PayPal extension to autofill dialogue boxes and create virtual secure credit cards. This extension never worked correctly in IE7 because the <username email address:> box would be blank with no icon or dialogue box to fill in making it impossible to log in to my PayPal account.
    Basically it was just reason #217 that I hardly ever use Internet Explorer.
    And I do so miss the older versions that had under <tools> tab the wonderful <REPAIR ie5> BUTTON.
    12 июля 2009 г. 1:16
  • It sounds like the Juno software hasn't been updated to work with IE8...

IE8 does have a repair button, on the Advanced tab of Internet Options - you might consider giving that a try.
    • Предложено в качестве ответа dr_of_thuganomics111 31 октября 2009 г. 9:25
    13 июля 2009 г. 10:00
  • spent some time right clicking all my programs to run as administrator and turned on the guest account. Also what I think might have done the trick is to open the properties of all my programs and set the sharing tab permissions button.
    What ever I did seems to have fixed it.
    Yet another fine example of Microsft setting all defaults to "WE DON'T WANT YOU TO USE YOUR COMPUTER"??????
    IT standards are so wonderful because there are so very many of them to choose from.
    • Помечено в качестве ответа zitiboat 13 июля 2009 г. 23:18
    13 июля 2009 г. 23:18
  • The workaround you encountered seems excessive and insecure.  Why would you perform the action for all programs, not just the one(s) you were having difficulty with.  Did you confirm with Juno that their software will work correctly with Windows 7 RC?
    14 июля 2009 г. 10:24
  • If you are using the Juno email client software (Juno 5 or Juno 8.8) , Juno 5 was facing issues with IE8 but its been fixed.But if you still do face some sort of a problem , try and upgrade the software version to the Latest one ( Juno 8.8 ).Even then if the issue persists , try and uninstall the IE8 and once you restart the system the IE6 would be installed (WIN XP,2000,ME) and things would work out clean.

If you are using Juno ISP client software for browsing the Internet , the IE8 issue has been fixed and there is no problem as of now.But if you are facing the issue , your software version might not be the latest one.Call tech support and tell them to send you latest software disc , which is Juno 8.9.0.You can also try running the Juno Installer which is located in the C drive ( C : Juno Installer ).Run the set up file in the folder and the wizard will guide you through the installation process.Once you connect to thhe Internet after running the Installer , there would be an automatic upgrade that would take place and your software version would be the latest one. NOTE : DO NOT UNINSTALL THE SOFTWARE FROM THE ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS FIRST AS THE INSTALLER FILE WOULD BE REMOVED.Directly run the Installer file and it would override and install the software once again over the existing one.

31 октября 2009 г. 9:37
  • Oops! I forgot that an administrator at Juno helpdesk told me to do the same thing back in July. Juno installer from C:/ does not install over existing. Wizard started then closed leaving double icons in start menu but only one file in Program files that now does not work. I will try to reboot to see if that is needed, but I got no message to indicate that.
    I will try to download 8.9 from Juno website.
    Is the top of the start menu>All Programs a list of most recent? And why would there be 2 icons the same?
    Screenshot: http://cid-f6f9ae759b682a92.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Screenshots%20of%20Win7/double%20juno%20icons.jpg

Also note I am using Win7 RC evaluation copy as OS from a clean disk install. There is no previous version of Internet Explorer available as IE8 came preloaded in OS build. No repair button.
    Internet Options advanced tab has a reset to advanced default settings button but warning is really scary.

Here is a screenshot of what I have.
    http://cid-f6f9ae759b682a92.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Screenshots%20of%20Win7/Ie8%20advanced%20tab.jpg

3 ноября 2009 г. 4:48
  • Got some new thoughts from a thug about a new Juno8.9
    and as for your question about run as admin and share priveledges for my favorite programs, I am still trying to figure out how if you log in as administrator account you still have to ask permission to write to your owner documents library folder from your photo editor which is not to be confused with your documents folder or your public documents folder that are not in your owner folder. I like having a private folder, but I am the only account on the system. Doesn't asking the user to grant his own permissions defeat the purpose? Especially if you do not need to use a password.

Also note I am using Win7 RC evaluation copy as OS from a clean disk install. There is no previous version of Internet Explorer available as IE8 came preloaded in OS build. No repair button.
    Internet Options advanced tab has a reset to advanced default settings button but warning is really scary.

Here is a screenshot of what I have.
    http://cid-f6f9ae759b682a92.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Screenshots%20of%20Win7/Ie8%20advanced%20tab.jpg

keep the faith and "keep passing the open windows"
    3 ноября 2009 г. 5:03