none
All libraries "is no longer working" after few hours of PC is on. Delete-restore didn't help. Win 8 Pro 64x Eng

Вопрос

• All libraries "is no longer working" after few hours of PC is on. Delete-restore didn't help.

Steps:

1. Turn on PC
    2. Libraries "is no longer working".
    3. //"Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account."
    4. Press delete libraries. And restore default libraries. Take 10 minutes to add all folders. All works fine.
    5. Wait few hours (>8) or few restarts and it's again like on the image number 3.

I've "Delete-restore" 4 times already for last week. Windows 8 Pro x64 English (clean setup, not an upgrade).

This bug crashes libraries starting from the installing of Windows 8.

All works fine at windows 7.

As result of all my File History features not working.

23 января 2013 г. 18:50

Ответы

Все ответы

• After libraries crashes ANY file search in ANY folder return: "No item match your search.".
    23 января 2013 г. 19:04
  • Try to run sfc /scannow to check corrupted system files. I notice you said "This bug crashes libraries starting from the installing of Windows 8", I suggest you change another ISO to install Windows 8 Pro again. It is not a Windows 8 bug.

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

25 января 2013 г. 9:06
    Модератор
  • I was busy for a long time and wasn't able to reply.

Problem disappeared for two weeks. But yesterday it again crashed all my libraries!

Libraries is not longer working.

>Try to run sfc /scannow to check corrupted system files. I notice you said "This bug crashes libraries starting from the installing of Windows 8",

I scan all my disk (two HDD, 3 partition) with the same for all drives: "Windows successfully scanned the drive. No errors were found." So I guess it isn't a problem.

> I suggest you change another ISO to install Windows 8 Pro again. It is not a Windows 8 bug.

I've intalled a fresh new copy of Windows 8 Pro with an original MDSN image. It's my working PC and unfoteanly I can't spend time to reinstall Windows with all programs. Everything else works fine. Even libraries were working fine for two weeks.

I found a lots of tutorials to fix this but all of them just says: "Restore default libraries". It's not an opinion for me because I have a lots of folders included to each library. When I restore default libraries I spend:

1. An half an hour to add all sub-folders.
    2. My PC starts to works slower for a ~5 hours because Windows starts to re-index all libraries.
    3. And finally File history don't works normally. It's store old version of files, that were added by old libraries and when I restore default libraries (with same folders) it's make a fresh copy of all files (old ones wasn't deleted). It's spend 500Gb HDD for an 2 hours. I need to delete all File History data manually and re-start it's File History.

Maybe it can help: two week ago I got problem with skype - http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/After-update-to-ver-6-1-0-129-Skype-freezing-after-any-button/m-p/1379381#M111355 problem was in an antivirus (Symantec Endpoint Protection for Win 8 x64). But it's disappeared by itself.

Any suggestions?

13 февраля 2013 г. 10:35