none
Computer freezes when playing video

Вопрос

• Hi,

I posses an ASUS UL30A laptop with Intel’s GMA X4500MHD for almost two years. About half an year ago it started having problems with videos. Sometimes (not always but quite often) when I play a video (any format, any player and even streaming videos from various websites) the computer freezes completely and I have to restart manually from the button.

I have updated the video driver afterwards and even tried with much older versions of the driver but it still freezes. Have run the built-in memory diagnostics test but it didn't find any problems. In the Event Viewer these are the three errors I got in the past hour:

The previous system shutdown at 12:45:07 on ‎14.‎8.‎2011 was unexpected.

The DgiVecp service failed to start due to the following error:

The system cannot find the device specified.

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: 

cdrom

Any help with resolving this problem will be appreciated.

14 августа 2011 г. 11:39

Все ответы

• Sounds like an overheating issue. I suggest that you install a tool that monitors the video card temperature and keep an eye out for high values.
    Tim De Baets
    http://www.bm-productions.tk
    • Помечено в качестве ответа Miya YaoModerator 22 августа 2011 г. 7:10
    • Снята пометка об ответе BGPMK 4 сентября 2011 г. 21:38
    16 августа 2011 г. 12:57
  • Hi,

The "DgiVecp" service is not a Microsoft service. This should be related with some third-party device.

Please go to your device management, show hidder devices. Find if there's a list as DgiVecp. Then unistall it.

Also go to the registry, navigate to the entry: . HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services , if there's an DgiVecp entry, set the value to 4. Reboot to check if it works. (There could be a risk to modify the registry, export it as a backup firstly.)

If no clue, please update the BIOS to the latest one, unplug the extra device, like external drive, second monitor and etc.

Clean Boot the computer to check if the issue persists.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Помечено в качестве ответа Miya YaoModerator 22 августа 2011 г. 7:10
    • Снята пометка об ответе BGPMK 4 сентября 2011 г. 21:39
    17 августа 2011 г. 6:18
  • It's strange - I can't find DgiVecp neither in Device Manager nor in the system registry.
    4 сентября 2011 г. 21:41