none
windows\system32\config\system

คำถาม

• I have a Dell Dimension 8400 running Windows XP Media Edition and when i try to turn it on, it reads "windows\system32\config\system". It says i can insert the cd and on first screen hit "r" however it does nothing and goes back to the screen telling me to insert cd and hit "r".  No matter what i do, i cannot get this computer to do anything other than the "r" screen. no otherscreens at all, i cannot get it into a safe mode or anything else. PLEASE HELP. Any suggestions??
    16 ธันวาคม 2554 17:56

คำตอบ

• you need an installation cd for  xp media edition(the system you have) boot from cd and choose  "R" not install,, in the recovery console you should be in this folder,   c:\windows     then type:  chkdsk c: /r     after that press enter.  it may take a long time to complete  be patient...when finish type: exit    to reboot the system, if this dont work maybe you are going to have to reinstall windows...  good luck..
    any help is well appreciated, it all depends on who needs it
    • เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Sabrina Shen 19 ธันวาคม 2554 8:32
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Sabrina Shen 23 ธันวาคม 2554 2:29
    17 ธันวาคม 2554 0:12
  • Also, please understand that this is Windows Vista Forum. In order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new thread in Windows XP Forum for discussion.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

19 ธันวาคม 2554 8:34

ตอบทั้งหมด

• you need an installation cd for  xp media edition(the system you have) boot from cd and choose  "R" not install,, in the recovery console you should be in this folder,   c:\windows     then type:  chkdsk c: /r     after that press enter.  it may take a long time to complete  be patient...when finish type: exit    to reboot the system, if this dont work maybe you are going to have to reinstall windows...  good luck..
    any help is well appreciated, it all depends on who needs it
    • เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Sabrina Shen 19 ธันวาคม 2554 8:32
    17 ธันวาคม 2554 0:12
  • Also, please understand that this is Windows Vista Forum. In order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new thread in Windows XP Forum for discussion.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

19 ธันวาคม 2554 8:34