none
How can I DELAY the sidebar/gadgets on Win7 StartUP ?

คำถาม

• Hi All !

I have a GREAT gadget that displays vital spes (core-HDD-MB temps, fan speeds, Vcore...).  The only problem is that the application which provides these details needs to be running BEFORE the sidebar.exe starts so that sidebar can properly display the gadget.  I have tried several "start up delaying" types of programs and tried creating a scheduled task, but the problem with that is upon the next or second reboot the OS (Win7) automatically creates another instance of the sidebar.exe (can see it in msconfig) effectively disabling any of my attempts at delaying.

I was hoping there was a place in the registry to put a delay value to slow down the start-up of sidebar.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Rob

28 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 16:40

คำตอบ

• Hello Rob,

Have you tried troubleshooting this issue with autoruns?

You can download it via Microsoft this tool wil give more detailed startup options maybe you can change some settings here

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902

Best of Luck and regards

Tom

tom_van_broeckhoven@hotmail.com

• เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Della Li 5 มีนาคม 2555 2:02
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Juke ChouMicrosoft, Moderator 6 มีนาคม 2555 10:12
    4 มีนาคม 2555 20:58
  • I feel so "stupid"....

Thank you Tom for pointing out the obvious.  I should have tried a search on the AIDA forums first as you suggested above!  I looked there and BINGO.  All this time I assumed it as due to Sidebar starting before AIDA had an opportunity to launch.  I tried the fix below and it worked perfect!

Thanks Tom,

Rob

1) Close AIDA64

2) Start Registry Editor

3) In the Registry Editor navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\FinalWire\AIDA64

4) If you have a folder called VistaSidebar inside that path, then delete it completely.

5) Then restart your computer, and check if that fix made any difference.

• ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย RMS8 6 มีนาคม 2555 17:01
    6 มีนาคม 2555 13:11

ตอบทั้งหมด

• Hello Rob,

Have you tried troubleshooting this issue with autoruns?

You can download it via Microsoft this tool wil give more detailed startup options maybe you can change some settings here

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902

Best of Luck and regards

Tom

• เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Della Li 5 มีนาคม 2555 2:02
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Juke ChouMicrosoft, Moderator 6 มีนาคม 2555 10:12
    4 มีนาคม 2555 20:58
  • Hi Tom.

Thanks for the reply.  That is an awesome tool!  THANKS!

I don't think the issue I'm having is a problem with the OS or AIDA64.  I think that Windows7 keeps generating a new iteration of "sidebar.exe" when it "knows" there is supposed to be a gadget on the desktop.  So if I use a program to delay when Sidebar starts, that would give AIDA64 enough time to be started BEFORE Sidebar.  All the delay programs work after the first reboot, but then each reboot thereafter the OS makes a new sidebar.exe which starts immediately upon windows starting and therefore before AIDA64.

5 มีนาคม 2555 1:18
  • Hi Rob,

No bother at all     great that you like the tool  it can be very handy and more detailled then msconfig

Could Please try to enable the option "Use HKLM in Registry"  in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring /

If this does not work i also think registry setting could be a fix but maybe if this would be the case it is better that you also

contact AIDA via a forum preferably    http://forums.aida64.com/     and also post a threath there maybe they have a quicker resolution

I m no registry expert but if no fix is found you can also reply and i will try to reinvestigate

Still it must be said that experimenting with registry values can be dangerous for your system health

but hopefully you get it sorted out if not there should be some registry expert on this forum to assist you

http://forums.aida64.com/

• แก้ไขโดย 7 player 5 มีนาคม 2555 20:02
    5 มีนาคม 2555 19:22
  • I feel so "stupid"....

Thank you Tom for pointing out the obvious.  I should have tried a search on the AIDA forums first as you suggested above!  I looked there and BINGO.  All this time I assumed it as due to Sidebar starting before AIDA had an opportunity to launch.  I tried the fix below and it worked perfect!

Thanks Tom,

Rob

1) Close AIDA64

2) Start Registry Editor

3) In the Registry Editor navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\FinalWire\AIDA64

4) If you have a folder called VistaSidebar inside that path, then delete it completely.

5) Then restart your computer, and check if that fix made any difference.

• ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย RMS8 6 มีนาคม 2555 17:01
    6 มีนาคม 2555 13:11
  • Hey Rob,

That s no bother at all . Great to see you have your thing up and running.

Could you mark this threath as Solved Please?

Thanks very much and have a nice day

6 มีนาคม 2555 13:21