none
how to fix AppData folder

คำถาม

• Hi,

Windows 7 OS

My laptop was recently affected by virus, then I scanned it with MS Forefront Endpoint Protection.

I had something like 109 GB free space on my C drive before the virus infection BUT now I have no space left only 399MB at most.

When I checked my AppData folder has huge size all of a sudden I almost deleted everything in the AppFolder. Im left wit maybe 6 files and they so small in size

BUT the AppData folder still shows that its 110GB in size.

I do not want to format my C drive and reloading new window (last option)

How to fix my AppData folder OR to get rid of this huge size (that I dont even see where is it coming from) ??

Please advice.

30 มีนาคม 2555 5:19

คำตอบ

• If you are careful not to delete anything by accident, I would recommend telling us what may lie within that folder when you set the attributes of -h on that directory. Or go into your Folder Options and enable to view hidden files and folders. There may be hidden files and directories in this location that can account for this capacity. 

Be forewarned though, don't delete anything and if you decide to delete anything in here I don't take responsibility for the outcome. I'm just curious to see what exists in there.

If a post helps you in any way or solves your particular issue, please remember to use the Propose As Answer option or Vote As Helpful
    ~ "The universe is an intelligence test." - Timothy Leary ~

30 มีนาคม 2555 22:54

ตอบทั้งหมด

• try to run this command from cmd prompt

sfc /scannow

30 มีนาคม 2555 13:42
  • If you are careful not to delete anything by accident, I would recommend telling us what may lie within that folder when you set the attributes of -h on that directory. Or go into your Folder Options and enable to view hidden files and folders. There may be hidden files and directories in this location that can account for this capacity. 

Be forewarned though, don't delete anything and if you decide to delete anything in here I don't take responsibility for the outcome. I'm just curious to see what exists in there.

If a post helps you in any way or solves your particular issue, please remember to use the Propose As Answer option or Vote As Helpful
    ~ "The universe is an intelligence test." - Timothy Leary ~

30 มีนาคม 2555 22:54