none
Permanent BSOD 0x0000007B Windows 7 Ultimate

Soru

• I will try to make the long story short :

system :
    Dell xps 1645
    HDD: Seagate ST9500420ASG   SATA
    PGP full disk encryption - including the boot sector

I installed Windows 7 Manager Utility - I accidentally  disabled AHCI feature from windows. => permanent BSOD STOP 0x0000007B

I tried to set the hdd in Bios from AHCI to ATA, but I got the same BSOD
    I tried to boot in safe mode - same BSOD

I think the problem may be solved by reversing the settings in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\IastorV
    back to original value for AHCI - 1

I tried to boot using system recovery - > system recovery does not recognize an operating system because it does not have the SATA drivers. I looked on Seagate page for the drivers, on Dell page - and everywhere I could for the drivers - no luck.
    Can anyone tell me where to download the Standard SATA drivers ( sys - inf) ?

I tried to follow this : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976. I can not use the utility in start-up mode because of the HDD encryption. I can not modify manually the registry in system recovery because I do not have access to the HDD due to incorrect AHCI settings.

Due to the fact that I am using full disk encryption, I can not use a recovery utility such as active@disk or Windows 7 DVD because the information is unreadable. I have extremely valuable information on the HDD - I can no afford to lose it.

I think that a link to a proper SATA driver would solve the problem.

Thanks for reading and I hope you can help me. 
    15 Aralık 2010 Çarşamba 00:41

Yanıtlar

• Please download the BIOS, chipset drivers and SATA drivers from the following website and install them.

Drivers & Downloads for Studio XPS Laptop 1645

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    16 Aralık 2010 Perşembe 09:02
    Moderatör

Tüm Yanıtlar

• I've just had exactly the same problem on dell and got it fixed like this: in bios set it back to ahci and launch startup repair, it will then ask you to try system restore, just click ''ok'' and in few minutes your system will boot up, really. if your system restore was disabled, then back up your files...
    • Yanıt Olarak Öneren timurik 15 Aralık 2010 Çarşamba 21:54
    15 Aralık 2010 Çarşamba 21:42
  • I've just had exactly the same problem on dell and got it fixed like this: in bios set it back to ahci and launch startup repair, it will then ask you to try system restore, just click ''ok'' and in few minutes your system will boot up, really. if your system restore was disabled, then back up your files...

I am sorry, didn't read your post well. your data is intact, you could attach your hard drive to some usb enclosure and decrypt your files from another computer using same encryption tools. one more thing, if you are able to conduct such sofisticated computing as full storage pgp encryption, then you must have had assumed the risk of loosing something so valuable. still yet, you could easily get your data saved this way. as for drivers, try in google: toshiba laptop drivers, then choose any uk based site and leaf through some of Satellite A models, there are plenty of such drivers there. best of the best good luck my friend.
    • Yanıt Olarak Öneren timurik 15 Aralık 2010 Çarşamba 22:08
    15 Aralık 2010 Çarşamba 22:07
  • Please download the BIOS, chipset drivers and SATA drivers from the following website and install them.

Drivers & Downloads for Studio XPS Laptop 1645

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    16 Aralık 2010 Perşembe 09:02
    Moderatör
  • Tried everything to fix with that 0x0000007B

But the last thing I tried was the CMOS battery. It lost all the settings and because it was a RAID computer, it was

trying to boot to one of the drives and saying it was missing the MBR.

Change the battery, went to BIOS to set it up again. Then I was back in the game.

22 Ağustos 2011 Pazartesi 17:11
  • If you have Nvidia chipset, try running regedit from recovery console, then load SYSTEM tree from original SO disk and change Start value to 0x0 for Nvstor service:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Nvstor

29 Mayıs 2012 Salı 14:38