none
Media player 12

Soru

• I cannot open sony a 65 raw files(arw) in media plaer on my toshiba satelite laptop:

i7 3rd generation ivy bridge. windows 7 proffesional 64 bit

Have dowloaded the codec from microsoft, says it supports the sony a65 files, but does not on my system.

On my Asus, old dual core i am able to open the arw files using the same windows 7 proffesional 64 bit.

Hoping you can suggest a remedy as it is more convient for me to view the raw files in media player.

20 Haziran 2012 Çarşamba 08:24

Yanıtlar

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Hi,

Firstly, I would like to check whether the codec you have downloaded is Microsoft Camera Codec Pack (16.3.1483.0410)? However, I don’t find the Sony a65 raw file listed.

Meanwhile, please check whether you could view these files in other program such as photo viewer.

In addition, you can check whether Sony official website has provided some software/driver for these files.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

21 Haziran 2012 Perşembe 08:59
  • Thankyou for the reply, yes it was the codec from microsoft 16.3.1483.0410 the sony a55 is the old version of the a65. The raw file do not open in live photogallery, but thats not a problem i understand maybe the file size is too large.

Have installed the latest driver from sony, the only difference in the software is lightroom4.1 is on the asus but not on the toshiba.

Slackest1

21 Haziran 2012 Perşembe 12:49
  • Hi,

Since the a65 is a newer version of a55, this codec may not update the information and not work properly with it. Thank you for your understanding.  

Regards

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

25 Haziran 2012 Pazartesi 08:44