none
Details cannot be changed for certain mp3 files

Soru

• I play my music through iTunes and edit the information there, however, some mp3 files' details are not there. I tried to add information via Properties->Details but the area where I should be able to click is un-clickable. This is only happening to 8 of my 86 songs.

Note: I am the administrator of the account so that isn't the problem.

I have attached two images of what it should look like (left) and what I'm dealing with (right).

If anyone could help me solve this problem it would be very much appreciated.

• Düzenleyen Hymmnos 21 Haziran 2012 Perşembe 04:02 The image links were broken.
    21 Haziran 2012 Perşembe 03:54

Yanıtlar

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Hi,

Can you use the advanced tag editor in Windows Media Player to add details?

Go into your library. Select 'Songs' from the sidebar. Then, right click on a song and select 'Advanced tag editor'. There, you can use the different tabs to add song and artist info.

Windows supports ID3v2.3 at this time. Given the lack of backwards compatibility with v2.4. Maybe you could try some Tag editor to modify them if the action above does not work.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

22 Haziran 2012 Cuma 06:33
    Moderatör
  • You can view these files' properties in Mp3tag to check if they indeed have ID3v2.4. If this is the case, you can also use Mp3tag to convert the tags to ID3v2.3.

Juke: FYI, the Advanced Tag Editor isn't present anymore in WMP 12.

Tim De Baets
    http://www.bm-productions.tk

• Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen Hymmnos 22 Haziran 2012 Cuma 21:23
    22 Haziran 2012 Cuma 18:06
  • Thank you Tim. I downloaded the program and all my songs were ID3v2.4  All I had to do was click on the song and press "save" and it updated in windows explorer. It has been a real eye sore seeing no album art in windows explorer and I'm glad it's fixed. Thank you.

"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." ~Harlan Ellison

22 Haziran 2012 Cuma 21:26
  • Hi,

Yep, thx for reminder.

I have not taken a look in it. Sorry.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

26 Haziran 2012 Salı 05:51
    Moderatör