none
WMC only able to display SOME channels

Soru

• Greetings,

I've been using my TV tuner board and WMC for at least two years, and it was only until a few months ago that I ran into a problem. WMC is not able to display the channels I want, yet it can clearly display other channels. I've gone through many troubleshooting steps but have so far been unable to find an answer. Before answering my query, please consider the following:

1. My TV tuner board is an ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe Combo board (has both analog and digital tuners). The board is NOT defective because some channels come in just fine, and the drivers are the latest version (v10.4).

2. WMC is fully patched and appears to be working just fine for all other features and aspects.

3. I have gone through and resetup the TV signal settings multiple times. WMC lists the channels I want (2 and 7) as coming in at a signal strength of four bars and six bars respectively yet cannot display the channels in Live TV mode.

4. It is NOT a signal problem because the TV in the family room can receive these channels crystal clear. Both the TV and my tuner board use the same antenna on top of the house.

5. It is NOT a signal range problem between the antenna and the TV tuner board because the length of cable has remained constant throughout the life of the TV tuner board, and it was, at one time, able to display ALL channels clearly.

Any help you can offer will be much appreciated.

Thanx,

CmdrArcturus

09 Haziran 2012 Cumartesi 03:49

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Hi,

I donot think it is a WMC problem due to most of troubleshooting steps being taken. Maybe you could try to contact the Service Provider for help.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

11 Haziran 2012 Pazartesi 09:58
  • Thank you for your reply, but there is no service provider. As I said in my previous post, I am using an antenna on top of my house to receive broadcast signals.

12 Haziran 2012 Salı 06:00
  • Hi,

I agree with Juke. Since the WMC can display some channels, there should no problem with configuration of the WMC itself. Even there is no problem with signal, but to display the channels, singal to TV and signal to the computer are the different interface. So I think to troubleshout the issue from the interface should be the best way. Suggest to contact the tuner vendor to check if the turner has any limitations first.

Information about WMC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/windows-media-center

Thanks,

Spencer

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

13 Haziran 2012 Çarşamba 08:18
  • Thank you for your input, Spencer, but up until a few months ago, things were working perfectly with all components involved: the antenna, the TV tuner board, the signal, and WMC. The TV tuner board shows no signs of defect, but just to be safe, I got the next model up: the ATI TV Wonder 750 PCIe. I installed it, and I'm still getting the same problem. Some channels come in perfectly while others don't come in at all regardless of what the TV signal app says. The problem has to lie with WMC itself.
    16 Haziran 2012 Cumartesi 06:21
  • Hi,

I fully understand your concern. Based on my research, there is no update for WMC released recently. And did not find any other report for our issue. If you are using Windows 7, please check if you have the following update installed. It may not relate with the exact symptom we are facing but can help update the WMC components.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981078 

Thanks,

Spencer

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

16 Haziran 2012 Cumartesi 07:30
  • I suggest that you repost this at the Windows Entertainment and Connected Home forums, there are some Windows Media Center experts there:

http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows_entertainment_and_connected_home/f/114.aspx

Tim De Baets
    http://www.bm-productions.tk

16 Haziran 2012 Cumartesi 15:44
  • Thank you. I have posted my problem in the WECH forum.

CmdrArcturus

17 Haziran 2012 Pazar 02:32