none
MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-851S ATA DEVICE DRIVER??

问题

• HI TO ALL,

I have now spent the best part of 3 days trying to solve this problem, i have a Sony Vaio VGN-AR21m with this god forsaken DVD-ROM   And i promise all of you that have given advise that i have deleted every single entry in REG UPPER & LOWER sadly this has not worked at all for me. So now i only have one question to anyone out there that can help me?

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE DRIVER FOR THIS DAMN DVD-ROM??????? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I WOULD BE SO GRATEFUL JUST TO GET MY HANDS ON THE DRIVER.

I am positive i can reload the driver if someone could just furnish me with it?

2008年6月18日 22:31

答案

• Thanks Tim

But i am afraid that your good advice did not solve my problem, and that is why i have posted for the benefit of many people i have seen on forums with this very same issue. The solution which worked for me i have posted a new thread here:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3511933&SiteID=17

There are hundreds of posts on forums about deleting REG UPPER & LOWER FILTERS etc.....but as you will see, there are a number of people with a big problem with regard to this particular DVD-RAM uj-850s drive and i am happy to report that i followed the instructions given on the site i refer to in my thread and it worked fantasticly and i also had the added benefit of, having certain other hardware become usable again

So thanks again, but as stated earlier, you have just pointed out something i have read over and over agin in lots of post on many different forums. None of that advice was of use to me and my specific problem. But thank you all the same.

Just for your convienience i will post up the thread i posted later HERE IT IS:

I am not sure if you have long since solved your problem, but i know this one also drove me crazy, the fact that there are no drivers available for this DVD-RAM UJ-850s Until finally i have solved it

I found this link, and everything worked great!

First go here and download this fantastic little prog called Take Ownership available here:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

Then go here and read this great instruction by Lanx:

http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=bluetooth&message.id=4357

But do it by using the Take Ownership method refered to by gth further down the thread and ignore the use of his program called OWN it does not work but the Take Ownership does :-)

NOTE: Follow Lanx's instructions on which files to delete but do it using the take ownership method from inside VISTA as explained by gth ;-)

Hope you can get some joy from this advice? I also found that i could also get things running again that i had lost along the way ie: My Tablet Device & a USB Storage device and others HOPE THIS HELPS

2008年6月20日 9:23

全部回复

• Hi,

We do not need to install the driver for the DVD-RAM manually. Once the DVD-RAM is installed on the computer, Windows will automatically detect it.

Currently, I suggest removing the all third-party burning software such as Nero and Roxio first. If the issue still occurs, let’s try the following steps to reinstall the DVD-RAM:

1.    Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

2.    Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.

3.    Right-click the DVD-RAM and click Uninstall.

4.    Restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I suggest contacting Sony for more information.

If Sony helps you fix this issue, can you please share the resolution here as many customers have encountered the same Sony DVD-RAM issues in our Windows Vista forum?

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

2008年6月20日 2:47
    版主
  • Thanks Tim

But i am afraid that your good advice did not solve my problem, and that is why i have posted for the benefit of many people i have seen on forums with this very same issue. The solution which worked for me i have posted a new thread here:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3511933&SiteID=17

There are hundreds of posts on forums about deleting REG UPPER & LOWER FILTERS etc.....but as you will see, there are a number of people with a big problem with regard to this particular DVD-RAM uj-850s drive and i am happy to report that i followed the instructions given on the site i refer to in my thread and it worked fantasticly and i also had the added benefit of, having certain other hardware become usable again

So thanks again, but as stated earlier, you have just pointed out something i have read over and over agin in lots of post on many different forums. None of that advice was of use to me and my specific problem. But thank you all the same.

Just for your convienience i will post up the thread i posted later HERE IT IS:

I am not sure if you have long since solved your problem, but i know this one also drove me crazy, the fact that there are no drivers available for this DVD-RAM UJ-850s Until finally i have solved it

I found this link, and everything worked great!

First go here and download this fantastic little prog called Take Ownership available here:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

Then go here and read this great instruction by Lanx:

http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=bluetooth&message.id=4357

But do it by using the Take Ownership method refered to by gth further down the thread and ignore the use of his program called OWN it does not work but the Take Ownership does :-)

NOTE: Follow Lanx's instructions on which files to delete but do it using the take ownership method from inside VISTA as explained by gth ;-)

Hope you can get some joy from this advice? I also found that i could also get things running again that i had lost along the way ie: My Tablet Device & a USB Storage device and others HOPE THIS HELPS

2008年6月20日 9:23
  • Hi,

Thank you very much for sharing how you resolved this issue. I believe your solution will be helpful for customers who encounter the similar issues in the future.

Tim Quan - MSFT

2008年6月23日 6:38
    版主
  • Try This and see if that helps:

In the Registry Editor window, in the left pane, double-click the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
    In the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder, double-click the System folder.
    In the System folder, double-click the CurrentControlSet folder.
    In the CurrentControlSet folder, double-click the Control folder.
    In the Control folder, double-click the Class folder.
    In the Class folder, click to select the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} folder.
    In the right pane, click to select the UpperFilters registry value.
    On the menu bar, click Edit.
    In the Edit menu, click Delete.
    In the Confirm Value Delete dialog box, click the Yes button.
    In the right pane, click to select the LowerFilters registry value.
    Exit Regedit

Restart ur pc

Best Of Luck!

2008年10月30日 14:10
  • Thank You registry editing. HP Pavilion dv9012 has same proplem with dvd driver. Proplem get solved.
    2009年1月21日 21:10
  • It did work...

You are genuis man and you are the best, you cannot imagine how long i've been searching for a solution that this problem... thanx again.
    2009年8月13日 22:25
  • I tried that, but

1. i hat control center 001 and also a control center 002 in my regedit
    2. in the right pane there was only upper level filter - lower filter wasnt visible

-> so i deleted in control 001 and control 002 the upper levels

just for anybody who had the same outlook on this.
    IT STILL WORKED !!

THANK YOU

2009年9月25日 6:54
  • It really work on my Vgn Ar520e !!!!
    thanx mann
    you are great !!!!
    2009年11月29日 9:07
  • hi where do u find the registry editior?  i really need help please email me at dj_lankanboiz@hotmail.com with the answerr  please and thank you
    2009年11月30日 23:55
  • I did this and also had the same ordeal as agrippaholding

But instead the only registry value was the LowerFilters so I deleted them both
    from control center 001 and also a control center 002. When I went to the CurrentControlSet folder
    it was no longer there, so I must have deleted it there when I deleted the other two that I found.
    It worked and I just wanted to thank you.
    2010年1月13日 19:46
  • Megga Moe, thanks and thanks for your post, it helped me so much.

I am from Brazil, and I have installed windows 7 in my sony vaio and I was having a problem about MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA DEVICE, after to read your post no have more problems!

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

2010年5月27日 6:20
  • thanx a lot megg !! ur the man...it really works
    2010年6月10日 5:58
  • tyyyyyyyyyy meggamoe
    2010年12月12日 18:53
  • you are the man

2011年4月23日 6:38
  • Try This and see if that helps:

In the Registry Editor window, in the left pane, double-click the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
    In the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder, double-click the System folder.
    In the System folder, double-click the CurrentControlSet folder.
    In the CurrentControlSet folder, double-click the Control folder.
    In the Control folder, double-click the Class folder.
    In the Class folder, click to select the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} folder.
    In the right pane, click to select the UpperFilters registry value.
    In the Confirm Value Delete dialog box, click the Yes button.
    In the right pane, click to select the LowerFilters registry value.
    Exit Regedit

Restart ur pc

Best Of Luck!

2011年10月9日 4:13
  • i have installed window 7 in my notebook hp pavilion dv 6426 us. its having matshita dvd rom uj 851s. now its not burning dvds . plz help me out
    2012年1月5日 5:15
  • MeggaMoe:

May 12, 2012:

Thanks so much for the helpful instructions.  I'm on an HP Pavilion and the DVD/CD drive was no longer recognized even though I have used it a lot since buying this computer.

I followed your instructions precisely, restarted the computer, and now, the DVD/CD drive works fine.

Thank you Big Time.

2012年5月13日 3:01