none
mdt database configuration

问题

• Here goes
    On the database setup and configuration
    1) Does this database collect information from the domain or is it kept local to the MDT?
    2) I want to find out the amount of computures based on OU, make and model, dynamic and scalable. (possible or not)?
    3) If it reaches out to the domain can I specify what OU that it gathers information from?
    I have not setup the database on MDT because I do not want a broadcast situation.

system: Windows 2003 SP2
    Running RIS/WDS in mix mode.
    MDT loaded but no database configuration done
    MDT does work limited but I still have to figure why it does not add the default computer name of a MAC address to the AD structure automatically as RIS does.  Any sujestions would be helpful.

Thanks for any help in this.
    2009年5月22日 7:23

答案

• Hi, the Windows Vista Deployment and Imaging forum is for general Windows Vista client only and please do not post server related questions in this thread. For your current situationyou'd better submit a thread to Windows Server. Thanks for your understanding.

• 已标记为答案 Andy Song 2009年6月2日 8:51
    2009年5月25日 8:36

全部回复

• Hi ivanb,

The database can be configured for creating a dynamic deployment solution based on: Location, Make & Model, Roles or Computer. The database does not support querying AD for information. For a nice introduction to using the MDT database I suggest you take a look at this excellent webcast:

Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Advanced Scenarios

Hope this helps :)
    Kind Regards, Henk Hofs
    2009年5月22日 11:33
  • Hi, the Windows Vista Deployment and Imaging forum is for general Windows Vista client only and please do not post server related questions in this thread. For your current situationyou'd better submit a thread to Windows Server. Thanks for your understanding.

• 已标记为答案 Andy Song 2009年6月2日 8:51
    2009年5月25日 8:36
  • Hi all,

As I m fresh to this MDT configuration. Could you please explain me little bit what all can be done using MDT database?

Is it possible to capture the error using MDT database while deploying windows 7 on machines?

2012年6月11日 9:32