none
Maximum Password Age and Automatic User Account Creation.

问题

• Hi All,

I have encounter a situation where machine is asking for password change after 44 days. I knew its normal and default behaviour of Windows.

But I would like to do discuss this issue with Pros to get more insight of the scenario. I ONLY encounter this issue when I sysprep a machine and specify an automatic account that is created during installation (means no user input required to create account with blank password). Now this automatic user prompts for the password change after 44 days.
    A workaround that I found working was to run the following command:
    Net Account /maxpswage:unlimited

In other case, if I sysprep a machine and DON'T create a user account automatically, rather provide user account info during OOBE with blank password .... then machine never complains about the password expiry ....... so question is why its different form automatic user account creation vs manual user account creation?

N.A.Malik

2012年6月17日 8:05

答案

• Hi,

I guess Net Accounts /maxpwage:unlimited is the only solution and reasosn why it exists is due to by design. So I guess I don't need to worry about it.

N.A.Malik

• 已标记为答案 N A Malik 2012年6月21日 0:04
    2012年6月21日 0:04

全部回复

• Hi,

Based on my research, the difference between automatic user account creation and manual user account creation may be whether the option: Password never expires is enabled.

Please check User Properties in lusrmgr.msc and note whether the option: Password never expires is checked for the automatic user account. If not, please check it and see how it works.

In addition, regarding how to set Password never expires in Sysprep, please refer to the thread: Set 'Account Password Never Expires' in Sysprep.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

2012年6月19日 9:28
  • Hi,

I guess Net Accounts /maxpwage:unlimited is the only solution and reasosn why it exists is due to by design. So I guess I don't need to worry about it.

N.A.Malik

• 已标记为答案 N A Malik 2012年6月21日 0:04
    2012年6月21日 0:04