none
Problems booting my windows 7 - also: computer shuts down on his own

问题

• Hi

I'm using a desktop win 7 with software both 32bit and 64bit.

I have two internal hard drives, one of which is partitioned in two. The older one (drive c: where the system is installed) has been used for quite a while - which makes me wonder if its a source of the problem.

In the last week the computer has shut itself down on his own for no reason while I never set it up to shut down.

Today it shut down in front of me and I couldn't get it to start. The only message that appeared was "Boot disk failure insert system disk and press enter". Putting in the cd and pressing enter did not do anything. In the end, only after changing the set up prioritising a disk boot windows started properly. For some reason my windows installer does not offer the option of repairing an installation. I have no idea how to check whether the motherboard has a problem, the hard drives or what. I'm using this desk top for my recording studio and it is thus not connected to the internet, which complicates things a litte.

I don't want to start a complete installation without knowing what the problem is, because if its a hard drive I'll be in trouble again.

I need to solve this ASAP. Otherwise I'll be losing an important client.

Any thoroughly well thought tips will be most welcome.

Thanks!

2012年6月16日 21:30

全部回复

• I'm having the same problem except I have only one hard drive and I am only using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit as my OS.  This has been going on for three days and each time I have reformatted my hard drive and reloaded Windows 7 Pro 64 bit only to continue to get the same results.  I have a new motherboard which is the ECS G41T-M and have been having this trouble with this board.

Motherboard: ECS G41T-M v:2.0 CPU: Intel E4500 OS: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit Graphic: GeForce 8400 GS 1GB DDR3 HD: Seagate ST3400832AS Memory: Kingston KVR667D2N5/2G

2012年6月17日 1:12
  • It just shut down in front of my eyes two / three times this evening. According to my win installer there's nothing to repair.

I'm beginning to wander whether its a problem with the power. Very strange, extremely annoying and worrying. And I need it working ASAP!

2012年6月17日 2:17
  • I really don't think it's a problem with your power.  I am still using the same power supply that I used on my old motherboard; I didn't have this problem with the old motherboard I was using and it wasn't Windows 7 64 bit compatible.  I am wondering if it is the updates because I am noticing a lot of people complaining about their Windows 7 constantly rebooting after the updates.  It is really frustrating and no one seems to have any answers.  I used the System File Checker tool and it found no errors.  I used the chkdsk (Check disk) and again no errors.  My graphic card is the same one I used in the other motherboard and the drivers are updated on this motherboard.  I have used Microsoft Fix It tool and I do keep getting a yellow exclamation point on the "Hardware and Device" that says "Hardware changes might not have been detected". Just ran Norton internet security and it did find 22 tracking cookies and removed them.  Will keep searching for a solution and will let you know if I find something.

Motherboard: ECS G41T-M v:2.0 CPU: Intel E4500 OS: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit Graphic: GeForce 8400 GS 1GB DDR3 HD: Seagate ST3400832AS Memory: Kingston KVR667D2N5/2G

2012年6月18日 23:47
  • Hi,

We may try to perform an In-Place Upgrade.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099

Kim Zhou

TechNet Community Support

2012年6月19日 9:34
  • Thank you Kim Zhou for your response but I tried it and it is still rebooting itself.  This happens after Windows 7 update and when I am on the internet for longer than 15 minutes.  I have tried the "Fix It" program offered by Microsoft to no avail (when through each and every fix it option).  Any other option will be greatly appreciated. 

2012年6月25日 12:04
  • Hi,

As the issue occurs after installing the updates, you can perform System Restore to back up the system to the date before the issue occurs.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/system-restore

Kim Zhou

TechNet Community Support

2012年6月28日 2:41