none
Scanning product keys

问题

• I want to use a handheld barcode scanner to record license information against product keys. Looks like MS use a different standard on the product key barcode sticker to that of the license sticker. I have a lot of software to record- there must be a way to get the product key from the barcode (a scan currently produces a number instead of the expected product key). Any advice- seemed like a good way to record all my licenses!
    • 已移动 Carey FrischMVP, Moderator 2010年1月21日 19:44 Moved to relevant category (From:Office Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Office))
    2010年1月21日 17:55

答案

• I'm sorry to say but the barcode under the product key doesn't contain the information you're after.

It is actually a tracking number, which if scanned would show where that particular copy came from, which reseller it was shipped to - all of the information that Microsoft or an anti-counterfiting agency would need if they thought it wasn't a legit copy.

2012年8月21日 13:40

全部回复

• Colin have you received any feedback regarding this? We are looking to do the same thing for our Work at Home media.

Thanks,

Bidiak

2010年6月29日 17:45
  • Collin, do let us know if you get any feedback, this is exactly what I was looking for.

thanks

shrhough

"Reality is for the poor fools whom cannot handle thier own imagination" - Anonymous

2010年9月13日 18:30
  • This is exactly what I am looking for too!

For example, a Win7 Pro licence sticker barcode reads back as 14 numbers, starting with 00 and ending in 7.

2011年2月22日 19:13
  • We're looking for such a solution for our company as well. Anyone have any breakthrough's?
    2011年10月19日 17:53
  • HI Colin

Have ever found the solution for this barcode scanner not scanning the code ? I know this is a long time ago but there seems to be no straight answer for this
    2012年6月13日 6:52
  • I'm sorry to say but the barcode under the product key doesn't contain the information you're after.

It is actually a tracking number, which if scanned would show where that particular copy came from, which reseller it was shipped to - all of the information that Microsoft or an anti-counterfiting agency would need if they thought it wasn't a legit copy.

2012年8月21日 13:40