none
Window 7 Xp mode driver problem

問題

• I have 3 virtual pc integration device drivers that need to be installed. But i cant seem to find driver for those. Plus I use this system for my work so i have to connect FireAlarm Panels with USB to control them through a software which works only with Windows Xp. But when i attach the panel software doesnt recognise if there is anything connected with the system. I tried to use usb tap on top of the screen but same thing nothing new appears up there as well. Need Some Help!!!!!!

Thanks
    2009年8月27日 下午 10:29

解答

• Hello

You can ignore the yellow mark on these devices. These are working properly. 
    Thanks, -Rahul -- "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use."
    2009年9月23日 上午 04:16

所有回覆

• I also have 3 lines that show "Virtual PC Integration Device" with a yellow question mark next to them in Device Manager within the Windows XP Mode vm on Window 7 RTM. How do we fix this?
    2009年8月28日 下午 10:10
  • I have the same problem and updating the driver from "%programfiles%\Virtual PC Integration Components" doesn't solve it. I have tried installing and removing the integration features, but the problem remains. Any ideas? Thanks!
    2009年9月1日 下午 09:15
  • Hello fmachado
    Are you not able to use USB feature in VM? Can you please share the hardware IDs for the devices which have the issues? What is the device status in Device manager for these devices? It should be Device is working properly

Thanks, -Rahul -- "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use."
    2009年9月2日 下午 04:09
  • Hi Rahul, in Device Properties dialog, Details tab, under Hardware Ids there are two entries: "VPCBUS\{dfb60b59-cfb1-47cd-a909-5847425b7814}" and "VPCBUS\{76a2be29-73be-4681-9f03-b146b3f82953}". As you said, status is "Device is working properly", but a yellow question mark appears in Device manager.

When I try to use from the VM a USB port where an external hard disk drive is connected to in the host, a BSOD appears with error KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, STOP 0x0000007A, Ntfs.sys.

2009年9月2日 下午 05:10
  • Seems you are on Beta bits. Have you installed the latest RC?

2009年9月2日 下午 05:30
  • Do you mean VPC RC? I think so... VPC.exe version is 6.1.7234.0 (not sure how to determine VPC version :))

BTW, I'm using Windows 7 RTM, clean installed. Previously (when the VMs were created) I was using Windows 7 RC.

2009年9月3日 下午 04:22
  • Rahul,

I too have this problem.  I have the RTM (Windows 7) and under Windows XP Mode (RC) I too have 3 devices listed in the Device Manager with yellow question marks named "Virtual PC Integration Device".  I tried the suggestions I've seen in this thread, but none worked (i.e., updating the driver from the "program files / Integration Device" folder, disabling Integration feature, rebooting and re-enabling it).  Also I ran all Windows updates for the VM and tried to let Windows Update look for the drivers, but to no avail. 

Do you have any other suggestions for us?

Thanks,
    Rob
    2009年9月12日 下午 09:17
  • Same for me, Windows7 RTM 64 bit, after installing Integration Features I have three question marks in hardware page, and I cannot change resolution of virtual machine that runs only at the 1024x768 with 16 bit depth.

alk.
    Ricci Gian Maria. (http://www.nablasoft.com/alkampfer)
    2009年9月22日 下午 02:09
  • Hello

You can ignore the yellow mark on these devices. These are working properly. 
    2009年9月23日 上午 04:16
  • I also have a device listed in the Device Manager with a yellow question mark under a Windows XP virtual machine with RTM (Windows 7) in Virtual PC. The trouble I am having is that XP is very irritatingly slow. Sometimes even the taskmanager uses above 80% CPU. Checking with ProcesExplorer the interrupts also use a high CPU percentage. I hope to be able to solve this. Or else it's not possible to use a virtual machine with XP in Virtual PC on Windows 7 RTM.

Added #1:
    After uninstalling XP mode in Windows 7 RTM, the problems with a slow XP in Virtual PC was resolved. So it might be connected with the shared folder problem in XP mode. I hope this gets fixed before the official release on october 22nd.

Added #2:
    I've installed and tested Sun's VirtualBox. I´m sorry to say that at this moment the performance of VirtualBox is many times better than that of Virtual PC.
    2009年9月24日 上午 10:40
  • Hi Niconl
    The problem is not related to these 3 devices. Can you please start another thread along with the hardware details of your machine?
    2009年9月26日 上午 02:33
  • I concur with Rahul's posts, with respect to the device management question. Networking, optical drive, and usb connect are all working as expected for my vpc installation. VM performance is good with minimal performance hit. As may be the case with any new machine or vm environment, some applications will not perform as expected. For best results with winxp vm's, install sp3; only one "?" integration device will be present.

-GoJo (aka lagacydude), MS MCP

2010年5月2日 下午 05:27