none
USB Virtualization Drivers not appearing after multiple installs

問題

• I have been using XP Mode on windows 7 RC1 I had to reformat my computer and when i reinstalled windows virtual PC and XP Mode I had 3 unknown devices on the Virtual XP and on my host computer it does not have USB Virtualization drivers it had the first ttime and whenever i try to connect a USB  Drive it gives me the following error:

"The virtualization driver for USB functionality is not working"
    2009年6月27日 上午 03:56

解答

• Closing the thread for lack of response.

Thanks
    Nitin
    Check out the Engineering blog of Windows Virtual PC and Winodws XP Mode here: http://blogs.technet.com/windows_vpc/
    2009年8月11日 上午 05:44
    版主

所有回覆

• I have been using XP Mode on windows 7 RC1 I had to reformat my computer and when i reinstalled windows virtual PC and XP Mode I had 3 unknown devices on the Virtual XP and on my host computer it does not have USB Virtualization drivers it had the first ttime and whenever i try to connect a USB  Drive it gives me the following error:

Can you please check that there is a device called 'USB Virtualization Connector Driver' under 'USB Virtualization' node in Win7 Device manager? Also, right click on that and select properties. Check the device is working properly. In case, all is fine; could you please do the following:

On the host machine, from the command line run the following command from the elevated prompt:
                logman start trace Vpcrpm -ets -o Vpcrpm.etl -nb 16 256 -bs 64 -max 256 -f bincirc -p  {F9CE3A24-8E6A-453E-A1F8-1B8F2A31BD7E} 0xffff 5
                logman start trace vpcusb -ets -o vpcusb.etl -nb 16 256 -bs 64 -max 256 -f bincirc -p {6692c45b-c0fb-4786-bc5c-33638678f709} 0xffff 5

Repro your scenario in your case when you get the error.

logman update /fd Vpcrpm –ets
                logman update /fd vpcusb –ets

logman stop Vpcrpm -ets
                logman stop vpcusb -ets

Send the etl files to wcvdata@microsoft.com . Please mention the thread id when sending the details for easy tracking.

Thanks, -Rahul -- "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use."
    2009年6月27日 上午 06:15

Can you please check that there is a device called 'USB Virtualization Connector Driver' under 'USB Virtualization' node in Win7 Device manager? Also, right click on that and select properties. Check the device is working properly. In case, all is fine; could you please do the following:

On the host machine, from the command line run the following command from the elevated prompt:
                logman start trace Vpcrpm -ets -o Vpcrpm.etl -nb 16 256 -bs 64 -max 256 -f bincirc -p  {F9CE3A24-8E6A-453E-A1F8-1B8F2A31BD7E} 0xffff 5
                logman start trace vpcusb -ets -o vpcusb.etl -nb 16 256 -bs 64 -max 256 -f bincirc -p {6692c45b-c0fb-4786-bc5c-33638678f709} 0xffff 5

Repro your scenario in your case when you get the error.

logman update /fd Vpcrpm –ets
                logman update /fd vpcusb –ets

logman stop Vpcrpm -ets
                logman stop vpcusb -ets

Send the etl files to wcvdata@microsoft.com  . Please mention the thread id when sending the details for easy tracking.

Thanks, -Rahul -- "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use."
    The first two commands worked right but the third and forth one didnt:
    "C:\Windows\system32>logman update /fd Vpcrpm -ets
    Argument '-ets' is unknown.
    Argument 'fd' is not allowed with the other arguments specified.

Error:
    The parameter is incorrect." and:

" Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7100]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>logman update /fd vpcusb -ets

Error:
    The parameter is incorrect."

and the
    'USB Virtualization Connector Driver'  is NOT listed

2009年6月27日 上午 06:32
  • So the installation of VPC doesnt install this driver. Please send the cbs.log present in <SystemDrive>\Winows\Logs\CBS and setupapi.dev.log present in <SystemDrive>\Winows\inf

2009年6月27日 下午 05:53
  • im sending the files to wcvdata@microsoft.com ??
    2009年6月27日 下午 08:33
  • We haven't received files from you. Please send us the files to help us debug the issue further.

Thanks
    Nitin

2009年7月20日 下午 02:18
    版主
  • Hi ,

Can you you please answer the question above? We need to hear from you within 3 days or we will need to close this thread.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Nitin
    2009年8月4日 上午 09:30
    版主
  • Closing the thread for lack of response.

Thanks
    Nitin
    Check out the Engineering blog of Windows Virtual PC and Winodws XP Mode here: http://blogs.technet.com/windows_vpc/
    2009年8月11日 上午 05:44
    版主
  • Hi ,

Can you you please answer the question above? We need to hear from you within 3 days or we will need to close this thread.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Nitin

You don't need to close this thread. I see you have marked it answered because of no response? I guess you did not hear about the new policy, that microsoft employees can no longer mark questions answered. Thanks.

What do you do if there is no device manager node for usb virtualization? I can't get it working in xp mode. I get the popup that the virtualization driver is not working.
    2009年12月12日 上午 05:45
  • Now I've the same Problem with the Final W7 Ultimate (or Professional, 32 or 64 B).

Where should I send the two files (or is there a solution at the horizon)?

TIA.

Rgds
    2010年2月7日 下午 03:20
  • i have sum problem 7 ultimate 64B
    2010年3月24日 下午 09:04
  •                 I too am having this problem. Device manager does not show the suggested 'USB Virtualization Connector Driver'.    I have pasted the results of the suggested commands below.  I have also attached the output from SYSTEM INFORMATION to my email message.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]

Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>            logman start trace Vpcrpm -ets -o Vpcrpm.etl -nb

16 256 -bs 64 -max 256 -f bincirc -p  {F9CE3A24-8E6A-453E-A1F8-1B8F2A31BD7E} 0x

ffff 5

The command completed successfully.

C:\Windows\system32>            logman start trace vpcusb -ets -o vpcusb.etl -nb

16 256 -bs 64 -max 256 -f bincirc -p {6692c45b-c0fb-4786-bc5c-33638678f709} 0xf

fff 5

C:\Windows\system32>logman update /fd Vpcrpm -ets

Error:

The parameter is incorrect.

C:\Windows\system32> logman update /fd vpcusb -ets

Error:

The parameter is incorrect.

C:\Windows\system32>logman stop Vpcrpm -ets

C:\Windows\system32>logman stop vpcusb -ets

C:\Windows\system32>

2010年12月29日 上午 03:58
  •  

I was having the same issues. Host computer Win7 64bit running win virtual PC in xp mode. USB virtualization was working fine until a friend uninstalled something. Here is what I did to fix the problem in win7 64bit:

Note, the following is for installing non plug and play devices. use with caution.

1.) In "device manager" right click the "top node" . this could be the computer description or name.

2.) Left click "add legacy hardware" and follow the instructions.

3.) Click next then select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list".

4.) You should see a list that says "common hardware types". Scroll down and select "USB Virtualization".

5.) A window should pop up. Under "Model" there should be several choices. Select "USB Virtualization Connection Driver" and install this driver.

This fixed my problem and I can once again attach USB devices to virtual PC. Please use this at your own risk. Apply the above steps in the host computer. Let me know if this helps.

2011年12月20日 上午 06:31
  • Thanks for the solution...it worked for me... USE IT ON YOUR OWN RISK...
    2012年2月10日 上午 07:30
  • This worked like a charm.  Thank you for your answer.
    2012年3月30日 下午 05:16