none
windows azure availability in slovakia

Question

• hello

i wanted to subscribe to windows azure, and to start working on my app. When i wanted to subscribe it asked me for a mobile phone number, but hey, my country is not on the list. I would like to ask when will be windows azure available in slovakia. It is somehow weird to see all our neibouring countries on the list (except ukraine), event when slovakia is a member of EU a we are not on the list. I simply dont understand this.

Saturday, April 21, 2012 9:01 AM

Answers

• Hi, Jozef.

Try to read and comment under ScottGU article http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2012/01/19/getting-started-with-windows-azure.aspx

@Kazi, @Essam

>>>>>> Any plan that it would be available world wide, currently it does not accept credit card if you are not from the countries of that drop down, so eventually we have to move to AWS.

We are rolling Windows Azure out to more worldwide countries later this year.  I believe you can change the drop-down in the sign-up wizard to reflect any country.  If you have an international credit card you can then use that to sign-up.  Send me email (scottgu@microsoft.com) if you have problems and I can connect you with someone to help.

Thanks,

Scott

There is an comment from Kazi and reply from Scott. You can also contact your Microsoft support in Slovakia to talk with them about option how to create and verify an account. You'll find that support number on Microsoft website.

Or contact Scott directly and he'll help you to find right person to speak to.

Hope it helps Petr

Windows Azure Teamleader Cloudikka blog

Saturday, April 21, 2012 10:03 AM

All replies

• Hi, Jozef.

Try to read and comment under ScottGU article http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2012/01/19/getting-started-with-windows-azure.aspx

@Kazi, @Essam

>>>>>> Any plan that it would be available world wide, currently it does not accept credit card if you are not from the countries of that drop down, so eventually we have to move to AWS.

We are rolling Windows Azure out to more worldwide countries later this year.  I believe you can change the drop-down in the sign-up wizard to reflect any country.  If you have an international credit card you can then use that to sign-up.  Send me email (scottgu@microsoft.com) if you have problems and I can connect you with someone to help.

Thanks,

Scott

There is an comment from Kazi and reply from Scott. You can also contact your Microsoft support in Slovakia to talk with them about option how to create and verify an account. You'll find that support number on Microsoft website.

Or contact Scott directly and he'll help you to find right person to speak to.

Hope it helps Petr

Windows Azure Teamleader Cloudikka blog

Saturday, April 21, 2012 10:03 AM
  • Good news, Azure now available in your country...

In which countries is Windows Azure commercially available?
    Windows Azure is commercially available in the following 84 countries: Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, UAE, UK, United States, Uruguay, and Venezuela. The following 5 countries will be available beginning on June 21, 2012: Belarus, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Ukraine and Russia.

References : https://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/support/faq/
    Friday, June 22, 2012 9:11 AM