none
Customize the WIndows Azure ACS Login Screen for iOS

Question

• Hi,

I am using the Windows Azure iOS SDK to access the windows azure services in my iPhone application and we also incorporated the Windows Azure ACS services to allow the user to login from Facebook, Google and our custom mobile application login service. Currently our custom mobile login service using the "Windows Identity Foundation - ASP.NET Security Token Service Web Site" service to validate the user. Our problem is we need to introduce the custom native screen in iOS to allow the user to login only for our mobile login service. But currently the Windows Azure for iOS using "WACloudAccessControlClient" class to present the tableview (list of identifiers) and using the UIWebView to access the service. Is there any possibility to customize this behavior and pass the user name and user password with a manual request to acs service or Customize the ACS login service page?

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 10:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please go to ACS Portal and find "Development" section of Left panel, click "Application integration" - click "Login Pages" of Main panel - select the relying party applications you want - "Download Example Login Page", the you can make a custom login page.

Include the modified login page in project, and do not use the default login page url in application, redirect to your own login page.

Hope this helps.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

• Marked as answer by VigneshBabu Tuesday, June 26, 2012 11:52 AM
    Friday, June 22, 2012 9:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, Azure ACS support custom identity provider that allow developers use existing username/password way (for example, you have a database store user info). Here is an article says how to use existing STS to check user info, you can also use WIF to create a custom authentication identity provider for ACS:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/wazplatformtrainingcourse_windowsazureandpassivefederation2010_topic2#_Toc310436988

Hope this helps.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:21 AM
  • Hi Arwind,

Thanks for your immediate response help.

My real problem is i need to customize the UI appearance of login screen for my native iOS application instead of the default html based loading one give by ACS.

Is there any way customize the appearance?

Vignesh Babu

Thursday, June 21, 2012 6:49 PM
  • Hi Vignesh,

Do you mean you want to custom default ACS login page (for choose which identity provider for login)?

BR,
    Arwind

Friday, June 22, 2012 3:03 AM
  • Yes Arwind, I need to control that kind of customization in ACS. 

Currently i modified the ACS library to get the list of identifiers for Facebook, Google and my Custom Identity provider. Now i need to modify the UI of the login screen provided by the ACS.

Vignesh Babu

Friday, June 22, 2012 7:41 AM
  • Hi,

Please go to ACS Portal and find "Development" section of Left panel, click "Application integration" - click "Login Pages" of Main panel - select the relying party applications you want - "Download Example Login Page", the you can make a custom login page.

Include the modified login page in project, and do not use the default login page url in application, redirect to your own login page.

Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by VigneshBabu Tuesday, June 26, 2012 11:52 AM
    Friday, June 22, 2012 9:57 AM
  •  Thanks Arwind, Hope that is the answer i am searching.

Vignesh Babu

Friday, June 22, 2012 10:21 AM