none
Storage Emulator - sharing environment across multiple machines

Question

• I'm using the June 2012 release of the Windows Azure SDK, and have the Storage Emulator running on a number of dev machines in order to develop against locally (.NET). Using the DSInit commandline tool, I've configured them to point to a central dev SQL Server box.

Scenario:

• DevMachine1 runs solution to upload a blob. File is stored on DevMachine1, file path is stored in the shared SQL DB.
    • DevMachine2 attempts to download that blob, but fails as the file is stored on DevMachine1.

Is there any way to either:

1. store files on a common UNC fileshare accessible to all?
    2. have a central storage emulator for all dev machines to point to?

I can't see there is, so just wanted to sanity check. Without it, developing locally against the storage emulator as part of a team is very restrictive and would have to consider pointing to real Azure.

Blog: www.adathedev.co.uk

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:16 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I have tested it at my side and it works, i can use upload and download files form another server sql instance, do you have enable TCP/IP protocol of the target SQL Server? And do you ever enable 1433 port for transfer data?

I enable TCP/IP protocol and open 1433 port for inbound rule and outbound rule, then use DSInit to assign other server sql instance to local Azure storage emulator, command like this:

DsInit /server:<server name>\<instance name>

Then it works fine.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:46 AM