none
Printbrm failed to backup port WSD. Error: 0x80070057.

السؤال

• This is a new Windows 2008 R2 server.  Printers/ports/drivers were installed fresh and NOT migrated.   When I tried running the Printbrm.exe GUI to back up the printers, it failed with the following:

Printbrm.exe (the Printer Migration Wizard or the command-line tool) failed to backup port WSD-xxxxx. The backup process will continue, skipping this port. Error: 0x80070057. The parameter is incorrect.

Interestingly enough, I'm unable to manually delete that specific WSD port from Printer Management either.  No printer is assigned to it either.  Thoughts?

28/صفر/1432 12:02 ص

الإجابات

• During the export printbrm calls into the WSD port monitor to get configuration information on the port.  If the device is powered off you will get this error. 

WSD is a Plug and Play port, there is no configuration dialog and the delete port function from the UI is not supported. 

I would love a supported why to get this done so I will update the current change request with this post information.

In the mean time, in order to delete the port, Print Management, Add Printer , select the existing WSD port from the list, pick any of the existing drivers, Next, Next ..

Once you add the printer, delete the printer and the port will get deleted in the process. 

The first protocol when adding a TCP/IP Printer from Print Management is WSD.  When the device supports WS Print, the first query is over WSD and you will get a WSD port.  Select TCP/IP Port for Standard TCP/IP Ports. 

Alan Morris Windows Printing Team
    28/صفر/1432 12:37 ص

جميع الردود

• During the export printbrm calls into the WSD port monitor to get configuration information on the port.  If the device is powered off you will get this error. 

WSD is a Plug and Play port, there is no configuration dialog and the delete port function from the UI is not supported. 

I would love a supported why to get this done so I will update the current change request with this post information.

In the mean time, in order to delete the port, Print Management, Add Printer , select the existing WSD port from the list, pick any of the existing drivers, Next, Next ..

Once you add the printer, delete the printer and the port will get deleted in the process. 

The first protocol when adding a TCP/IP Printer from Print Management is WSD.  When the device supports WS Print, the first query is over WSD and you will get a WSD port.  Select TCP/IP Port for Standard TCP/IP Ports. 

28/صفر/1432 12:37 ص
  • Interesting. Seems like some features/thoughts are lacking around the WSD implementation. I'll be sticking with TCP/IP going forward.
    28/صفر/1432 01:10 ص
  • Only lacking in enterprise environments.  At home it works well.  All Windows certified network attached printers (like you have anything else in a large network) going forward are required to support the WSD protocol standards so if you are not the only one adding printers to your servers, let others know to select TCP/IP from the list rather than Automatic.

28/صفر/1432 05:31 م