none
Farm Load Balancing Redirection Issues

    Dotaz

  •  

    I have a Hyper-V set up with 4 VMs - 3 Session Hosts in a farm and the broker and RDweb roles on another. All machines are 2k8 R2. I have SSO working on RDweb and all the required certs successfully installed on the requisite servers. My farm is configured properly as far as I can see.

    The problem comes with the load balancing of the RemoteApps by my farm. When I have all 3 session hosts set to use "RDP Security layer" in the General tab of RDP-Tcp in Session Host Configuration then the load balancing works and my test users are re-directed as required to other session hosts. I'd rather use SSL to secure the RDP connections though and that's where the problem arises. When I set the security layer to "SSL (TLS 1.0)" on the Session Hosts and then try to open a RemoteApp I am faced with one of two error messages (below), depending on the client machine I'm logged into RDweb with.

     

    I've done some investigation into these error messages and they sound like red herrings, after all the farm load balancing works fine when not using SSL. On my testing clients PCs I have at least RDP client v7 installed so it's not a RDP client incompatibility issue either.

    When I look in the Broker logs after receiving the error message I even see the following 3 log entries.

    RD Connection Broker received connection request for user DOMAIN\user.
    Hints in the RDP file (TSV URL) = tsv://MS Terminal Services Plugin.1.RDfarm
    Initial Application = rdpinit.exe
    Call came from Redirector Server = JA-TS-H1.DOMAIN.COM
    Redirector is configured as Farm member

     

     

    RD Connection Broker has successfully determined the end point for this connection request.
    Endpoint name = RDfarm
    Endpoint type = Farm
    Resource plugin name = MS Terminal Services Plugin

     

     

    RD Connection Broker successfully processed the connection request for user DOMAIN\natuser6. Redirection info:
    Target Name = JA-TS-H2
    Target IP Address = 192.168.1.87
    Target Netbios = JA-TS-H2
    Target FQDN = JA-TS-H2.DOMAIN.COM
    Disconnected Session Found = 0x0

     

    These logs would suggest that as far as the broker is concerned it's done it's job successfully but from the clients perspective it clearly hasn't.
    Any ideas anyone.


    Hibs Ya Bass!

    27. června 2012 5:37

Odpovědi

  • Fixed it myself. In the "RD Session Host Server" tab of RDP settings in RemoteApp Manager I entered the name of the farm rather than the indiviual server names that were already there and that sorted it. 

    Hibs Ya Bass!

    • Označen jako odpověď broonster27 3. července 2012 23:30
    3. července 2012 23:30

Všechny reakce

  • ***********Update*************

    I tried connecting with mstsc.exe from the same test client PCs and the re-direction works fine with SSL turned on. Also when I look in the Broker log I see these further two log entries (below) that do not appear when connecting via RDweb. If these two logs don't appear when connecting to the farm via RDweb this would suggest the Broker is not is not successfully re-directing after all.

    Any ideas?

    This connection request has resulted in a successful session logon (User successfully logged on to the end point).
    Remote Desktop Connection Broker will stop monitoring this connection request.


    Session for user DOMAIN\user successfully added to RD Connection Broker's database.
    Target Name = JA-TS-H2.DOMAIN.COM
    Session ID = 2
    Farm Name = RDfarm


    Hibs Ya Bass!

    27. června 2012 23:27
  • Hi,

    Thanks for your post.

    Please verify that the RD Web Access to using a RD Connection Broker server as source. Also check the RemoteApp source configuration on Connection Broker server, should be farm name, not to list all session host servers.

    Best Regards,

    Aiden


    Aiden Cao

    TechNet Community Support


    29. června 2012 8:07
    Moderátor
  • I can confirm that RDweb is definitely pointing to the broker for a source of RemoteApps and that the broker only lists the farm name as a RemoteApp source.

    Cheers

    C


    Hibs Ya Bass!

    2. července 2012 21:23
  • Fixed it myself. In the "RD Session Host Server" tab of RDP settings in RemoteApp Manager I entered the name of the farm rather than the indiviual server names that were already there and that sorted it. 

    Hibs Ya Bass!

    • Označen jako odpověď broonster27 3. července 2012 23:30
    3. července 2012 23:30