none
Windows .V2 profile problem

Dotaz

• Hello again!

I ran into an issue this morning with our Windows Server 2008 R2 terminal servers and related user profiles. Here's a little background on the setup:

User AD roaming profile points to \\server\profiles\%username% & home folder points to \\server\hd\%username%

User AD remote desktop profile points to \\server\profiles\%username% & home folder points to \\server\hd\%username%

I checked the location where the user profiles are stored and for a while, most of them were showing username.domain.v2 and working perfectly fine. This morning however, when the users logged in, it created a folder called username.v2. I checked with a few people in the IT industry & also checked this forum and found that the username.v2 profile is normal for Windows Vista & later profiles. My question is, how come the profiles were showing as username.domain.v2 instead of username.v2?

I apologize in advance if my problem & question sound vague.

27. června 2012 17:17

Odpovědi

• Hi,

It is by design that username.domain.v2 indicates it is a rds roaming profile and username.v2 indicates it is a AD roaming profile.

Regards,

Clarence

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

4. července 2012 7:19
    Moderátor