none
Missed WSUS Updates on Win2012

Frage

• Hello I installed WSUS on Windows 2012 std, my problem and this, in the configurations I decided I had to download updates on a remote path like this: \ \ server \ wsus. I gave permissions to full control to user domain that is connected to my win2012. I also tried to insert a txt file remotely on this path network and works
    Now I get these errors in the event log:
    EventID: 12072
    WSUS content directory is not accessible.
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '\ \ server \ WSUS \ WSUSContent \ anonymousCheckFile.txt' denied.
     at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError (Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
     at System.IO.FileStream.Init (String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean userights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkhost)
     at System.IO.FileStream .. ctor (String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
     at System.IO.FileStream .. ctor (String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
     in System.IO.FileInfo.Open (FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
     in type, HealthEventLogger logger)
    EventID: 10032
    The server fails to download some updates.
    EventID: 7032
    Unable to connect to the WSUS server via Remote API from the WSUS administration console.
    Verify that the Update Services service, IIS and SQL are running on the server. If the problem persists, try restarting IIS, SQL, and the Update Services service.
    System.Net.WebException - The operation timed out. SourceSystem.Windows.Forms
    Stack Trace:
     in System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke (Control caller, Delegate method, Object [] args, Boolean synchronous)
     in System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke (Delegate method, Object [] args)
     in sender, and PerformCleanupCompletedEventArgs)
    On what?

Samstag, 4. Mai 2013 18:16

Antworten

• Hello I installed WSUS on Windows 2012 std, my problem and this, in the configurations I decided I had to download updates on a remote path like this: \ \ server \ wsus. I gave permissions to full control to user domain that is connected to my win2012. I also tried to insert a txt file remotely on this path network and works
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '\ \ server \ WSUS \ WSUSContent \ anonymousCheckFile.txt' denied.

just to be sure that I understand, you have installed WSUS on "server01" but you want to store the updates content on "server02" ?
    I think this is unsupported.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd939812(v=ws.10).aspx

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Samstag, 4. Mai 2013 23:30
  • I made ​​a mistake maybe?

You made a mistake. The ~\WSUS folder must be on a LOCAL drive.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Packaging, Deployment & Servicing (2005-2013)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

Montag, 6. Mai 2013 15:52

Alle Antworten

just to be sure that I understand, you have installed WSUS on "server01" but you want to store the updates content on "server02" ?
    I think this is unsupported.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd939812(v=ws.10).aspx

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Samstag, 4. Mai 2013 23:30
  • Hello I had installed an instance of sql server to another and I decided that the updates were stored on a shared network path.
    When WSUS configuration has given me this opportunity.
    I made ​​a mistake maybe?

Sonntag, 5. Mai 2013 11:45
  • I made ​​a mistake maybe?

You made a mistake. The ~\WSUS folder must be on a LOCAL drive.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Packaging, Deployment & Servicing (2005-2013)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

Montag, 6. Mai 2013 15:52
  • non è molto corretto il fatto di andare a cercare risposte altrove senza avvisare. io ho l'abitudine di tenere sempre monitorate le richieste che vengono fatte nei forum che seguo e, se la risposta non la trovo subito o non riesco a darla subito, torno sempre nel thread.

Nel caso specifico

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/it-IT/windowsserverit/thread/48157af5-c8bf-41dc-836c-e65e40070dcf/

ti ho fornito la risposta ed ho visto anche una tua replica che però non ritrovo ora nel thread in questione.

Se la soluzione che ti ho proposto è stata utile ti chiedo di marcare le risposte come tali.

Grazie, ciao.

Edoardo Benussi
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    edo[at]mvps[dot]org

Dienstag, 7. Mai 2013 07:57