none
The Trust Relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.

Frage

• I am using 64-bit Windows 7 Enterprise virtual machines on Windows Server 2008 R2.

I had to change all of the VPCs over to the new domain, and that ment change the setting on every snapshot (because my boss said it was easier that reinstalling the VPCs). Ive changed all of the snapshots to be on the new domain and they need to be tested, only that everytime I change snapshots, there is a trust issue. Logging on as the local administrator and removing and re-adding the VPCs is becoming a little tedious. 

Solutions anybody?

Regards, James

Freitag, 2. März 2012 14:28

Antworten

• Hi James,

The problem is on unprepared VM. I suspect on SID. When you logon into vm change machine SID. You can download it here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897418

I hope this could be helpful.

Romeo Mlinar
    MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP
    Blog: Admin troubles
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Montag, 5. März 2012 10:39

Alle Antworten

• Hello James,

Did you maybe clone that VM's and added into domain? If you didn't prepare those VM's before cloning you will have that issue and also if you revert shaphots of those unprepared VM's you will always have the same problem. If you want to have clean situation with cloned VM you need to prepare it. How to prepare VM's for cloning you can read here.

I hope this answer could help you.

Romeo Mlinar
    MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Freitag, 2. März 2012 19:30
  • I loaded a snapshot, changed the domain that it was on and then snapshotted again. Thats all I did.
    Montag, 5. März 2012 10:22
  • Hi James,

The problem is on unprepared VM. I suspect on SID. When you logon into vm change machine SID. You can download it here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897418

I hope this could be helpful.

Romeo Mlinar
    MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP

Montag, 5. März 2012 10:39