none
Error 105: Unable to resolve the servers DNS address - How do I fix this?

Frage

• Whenever I load up Google Chrome it tells me this.

Also in the Wireless Connectivity bar in the bottom right hand corner it says i'm connected with limited connectivity.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this so I can use the internet again on my laptop?

Montag, 14. November 2011 16:26

Antworten

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

1. I suggest you use IE instead of Google Chrome
    2. Run "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew" to get IP address & DNS from DHCP, the DNS server should be internal DNS server IP
    3. If it does not exist internal DNS server, please manually set to external DNS server like 8.8.8.8 or 4.2.2.2.

If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,
    Rick Tan

Dienstag, 15. November 2011 08:34

Alle Antworten

• Hi,

check the DNS configuration of the wireless network adapter. try to ping the DNS address that you mentioned there and see whether it's connectable.

Thamara.

Montag, 14. November 2011 16:29
  • Hi,

Thank you for your post.

1. I suggest you use IE instead of Google Chrome
    2. Run "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew" to get IP address & DNS from DHCP, the DNS server should be internal DNS server IP
    3. If it does not exist internal DNS server, please manually set to external DNS server like 8.8.8.8 or 4.2.2.2.

If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,
    Rick Tan

Dienstag, 15. November 2011 08:34
  • i unable to correct dns in command promt i tried but nothing happen and window needs more information how to and to whom we can contact
    Montag, 9. Januar 2012 17:10
  • I'd start a new thread with details of operating systems involved and unedited ipconfig /all output.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    Montag, 9. Januar 2012 17:13