none
WSUS Sync Error 403 Forbidden

Frage

• Hello,

I am currently getting an error while WSUS tries to sync with microsoft update. WSUS is being controlled via SCCM 2012 in the scenario.

When manually starting a sync (scheduled sync is the same) I get the following error:

Sync failed: UssCommunicationError: WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.~~at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context). Source: Microsoft.SystemsManagementServer.SoftwareUpdatesManagement.WsusSyncAction.WSyncAction.SyncWSUS

I believe this to be related to either the proxy server or a firewall blocking the request. Could this be the case? I haven't checked if I can reach the microsoft update site manually via IE, but I could verify general Internet access via IE, albeit a very slow connection.

Does anyone have an idea what else I could look at, to get to the bottom of this error and fix it?

Cheers,

Fred

Mittwoch, 23. Januar 2013 20:55

Antworten

• Sync failed: UssCommunicationError: WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.~~at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context). Source: Microsoft.SystemsManagementServer.SoftwareUpdatesManagement.WsusSyncAction.WSyncAction.SyncWSUS

I believe this to be related to either the proxy server or a firewall blocking the request.

I would agree. Have you configured the proxy settings for the Software Update Point in the Configuration Manager console?

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2012)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

Mittwoch, 23. Januar 2013 23:08

Alle Antworten

• Sync failed: UssCommunicationError: WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.~~at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context). Source: Microsoft.SystemsManagementServer.SoftwareUpdatesManagement.WsusSyncAction.WSyncAction.SyncWSUS

I believe this to be related to either the proxy server or a firewall blocking the request.

I would agree. Have you configured the proxy settings for the Software Update Point in the Configuration Manager console?

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2012)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

Mittwoch, 23. Januar 2013 23:08
  • Hi Lawrence,

it turned out to be a proxy problem. The service account used did not have sufficient permissions for the proxy, aswell as the proxy blocking some sites. After elevating the rights and adding all needed sites to the exception list of the proxy, everything worked fine.

Regards,

Fred

Freitag, 22. Februar 2013 11:58